Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

I live in Lenexa, but I went to Mexico for the surgery. I made calls to find a doctor willing to fill me and only got one "yes" from Dr. Malley, but can't get in until May. However, thanks to this site, I've got a broader list and will begin contacting them tomorrow.

However, after one month, I've developed this stabbing pain and don't have a lapband doctor here. I've made an appointment with my regular doctor, but I do not know if she'll be able to figure it out. Someone on this site suggested it may be a problem with the port...so I assume I'll need someone who performs the procedure. I'm in pain and quite worried.

mhp - Hope your doctor is able to resolve the pain issue for you. Let us know.

JDT3 - Relax and welcome the band into your body. Everyone has these fears the night before and we are all happy we went thru the fear into the light.

JC in KC

I am actually being banded tomorrow 3/19 at KU West...scared to death!!!

Relax!! It wont be as bad as you may think. Things will go smoothly:) You will look back 6 months or more and say WOW that wasn't all that bad after all. I still say "why did I wait so long to do it." I wouldn't change a thing. Good Luck:)

Well Thirsday is the day!!! I am getting less nervous than I have been the last couple of weeks. When I weighed at the doctors office the day I scheduled surgery I was 340lbs. This morning, after 8 days on the pre-op, I am down to 323! I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and I am not sure how I am going to turn down the cake and punch. I know they will question why I am not eating it. No one in my famliy, other than my mom and dad, know that I am having this done.

Kendra - You are on your way. Good job on pre-op diet and loss. At the shower, just say your tummy is a bit upset. They will all be fine with that.

You are making the right decision.

Joyce

Home from the baby shower. I was worried about nothing. There was about 60 people there and no one noticed that I never got a cupcake! So 4 more days til surgery. WooHoo!!

Kendra - yippee - you will be banded soon. Today was good practice. You will always eat differently than others.

I went out to dinner tonight with ppl who do not know I've been banded. No one cares what we eat - they are enjoying their meal.

Joyce

I'm very interested. What day and time and which location?

Joyce

I sent 2 PM last night. Joyce

Hi Everyone, It's been a few weeks since I've been on the site. I'm a little nervous but excited at the same time, I have my first fill tomorrow. I definately have way to much freedom in the band so I'm hoping Dr. Malley goes to town with the fill. Yea for 62 degree weather!! How crazy is this?? 9 inches of snow than 62!! Keeps me on my toes.... How's everyone doing with their food choices?? Give some updates! If anyone wants to chat I'm on Bleumist@aol.com