Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Hi all.

I guess I am the first man to reply here. I got my band in May 2007. When they finally got it dialed in, I lost 50 pounds, gained back 20, and have been there ever since. I should lose about 120 more pounds. I picked the name elkhunter because I am far too heavy to drag myself up mountains with a pack and a rifle, but if I can ever get to that point, I WILL go. I am 55, 6 foot one, and- sorry ladies- happily married. LOL

I look forward to chatting with all of you, perhaps some encouragement can help me get this thing going again.

Ray

Hi Ray,

How long since you visited with your doctor?? He could help decide if you need a fill and could advise how to get you started again on the road to losing that 120 lbs.

You DESERVE the life you desire and the band can help you get there.

How about joining the meeting tomorrow @ New Hope Bariatric @ 10 a.m. for inspiration and support.

There are other men there who would share, as well as ladies.

Joyce in KC

Kendra and Peaches - It was nice meeting both of you on Saturday.

Let's pledge to keep going until we hit our goals.

Joyce in KC

Kendra and Peaches - It was nice meeting both of you on Saturday.

Let's pledge to keep going until we hit our goals.

Joyce in KC

I will make that pledge with you. I will be therer every month. I have my pre-op blood work tomorrow and I am still doing well with the pre-op diet. It really was nice to meet both of you and hope to see you again next month.

I will make that pledge with you. I will be therer every month. I have my pre-op blood work tomorrow and I am still doing well with the pre-op diet. It really was nice to meet both of you and hope to see you again next month.

Yes it was really nice meeting you both! However I can't make the pledge:( The meeting was ok,but I really didn't get anything from it. I will maybe attend another one.I would like to keep in contact with you both. Kendra good luck with all of your pre-op orders. You can do this!

I was banded in Overland Park at the Weight Loss Surgical Center last friday!

Yes it was really nice meeting you both! However I can't make the pledge:( The meeting was ok,but I really didn't get anything from it. I will maybe attend another one.I would like to keep in contact with you both. Kendra good luck with all of your pre-op orders. You can do this!

Well I am glad to see that you plan to come to one more meeting. I have to say that the meeting last month was better than this month so I kind of agree with you about the meeting. I just like being around other people that have already been there that I can learn from. It was nice to meet you and if nothing else we will keep in touch on through here.

I was banded in Overland Park at the Weight Loss Surgical Center last friday!

Congrats!!! How are you feeling? I am getting my band on 3/25.

Peaches - I meant keep on going until we reach our goal. Not keep on going to the meetings. lolo

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I agree, the meetings can be negative - however if I pick up one thing that will help me, I benefit.

This is a challenging life-style adjustment and it will require great effort.

Peaches - I meant keep on going until we reach our goal. Not keep on going to the meetings. lolo

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I agree, the meetings can be negative - however if I pick up one thing that will help me, I benefit.

This is a challenging life-style adjustment and it will require great effort.

Oh ok:) Yes I can make that pledge! LOL I am almost there and I wouldn't change it for anything:thumbup: Keep me posted on how you guys are doing.

Oh ok:) Yes I can make that pledge! LOL I am almost there and I wouldn't change it for anything:thumbup: Keep me posted on how you guys are doing.

I have a question for both of you. Do you miss eating? I mean you are suppose to get full right, so are you satisfied? Or do you miss having a big meal? Or are there certain things that you miss eating? For instance, my family had grilled hamburgers last night for dinner and they looked so yummy. Then it hit me I will never be able to eat a burger with a bun again. Does it bother me? Not really. Not now anyway but it made me wonder if I might miss it further into this journey I get. I can just see us traveling and stopping at a McDonald's and me asking for a chicken sandwich hold the bun. LOL...they will look at me like I am crazy.

I have a question for both of you. Do you miss eating? I mean you are suppose to get full right, so are you satisfied? Or do you miss having a big meal? Or are there certain things that you miss eating? For instance, my family had grilled hamburgers last night for dinner and they looked so yummy. Then it hit me I will never be able to eat a burger with a bun again. Does it bother me? Not really. Not now anyway but it made me wonder if I might miss it further into this journey I get. I can just see us traveling and stopping at a McDonald's and me asking for a chicken sandwich hold the bun. LOL...they will look at me like I am crazy.

To be honest with you as you have seen I have lost almost 100 lbs and if I want it I eat it. Now I may not eat as much of it or I get a kids meal,and not every day. As far as burgers the meat has to be really thin for me(like a shooter from steak and shake, I even ate some of the bottom bun cause it was toasted). Everyone is different cause some people can eat bread and rice. I choose not to. As you get restriction you will know what works best for you.

Kendra, I'm still on mushies, so beginning of 4th week post op. That means 6 weeks (including the pre-op) that I have been limited in my choices.

I've lost 18 lbs and am thrilled. When I do eat, I'm full on about 1/3rd of former portions, or less.

I'm still in the learning phase, so Peaches response has more information for both of us.

Joyce

I had my pre-op blood work done this afternoon and those poor nurses stuck me 4 time and could not get a drop of blood from me. They were so nice and felt so bad for having to stick me so much. They ended up sending me to a lad Quest to have my labs drawn.

Someone on here said she gets a burger or chicken sandwich with the bun and uses the bun just for handles, tearing off strips of it and throwing it away and eating just the meat. I thought it was a great idea!