Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Hi Chuck and welcome to the group. Wishing you success as you continue your journey with the band.

Joyce in KC

Thank you so much ! I ma not sure yet how to use this site. But from what I have read there is a lot of good info here. Can't wait to achieve my weight loss goals with my new friends here. Thanks again....:biggrin:

Hello,

I'm only considering getting a Lap-Band, and I see there's a great bunch of people already on the road to a better life. I understand that everyone likes their dr the best, but could you give me some suggestions on who to choose (I live in OP-KC) and perhaps at the best possible price?? I would really appreciate that, 'cause I'm lost :scared2: THANKS!!!

I went to Cancun. Had a great experience. Surgery was $5900. Went a few days early had had a great vacation first. My total was about $6750 with the airfare, hotel and the vacation things I did. If you are interested I can put you in touch with the facilitator that took care of everything for me.

Windus

I'm a KC bandster as well, living in Waldo. Dr. Hitchcock at New Hope did my surgery in Jan of '10 and I couldn't be happier! Started at 242 and down to 212 as of today!

I also had my surgery at WTLSC in Overland Park and can't say enough good things about them. I had my surgery done just over 2 years ago and have lost 167 pounds. I hit my goal last July, had a Tummy Tuck and am maintaining. I believe my story might even be up on their wall in the office by now and it's on their blog site:

LAP-BAND Success Story: Amy Beats Her Goal Weight!

Good luck to all of you and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

I went to Dr Drahota at WLSC in OP. I swear by them. I have had 2 revisions with them and they work super hard to get the insurance results that you want. They have weight loss contests and truly feel like a family. We are having a support group Sat at 11. I will be there if you want to come check them out!

Hello,

I'm only considering getting a Lap-Band®, and I see there's a great bunch of people already on the road to a better life. I understand that everyone likes their dr the best, but could you give me some suggestions on who to choose (I live in OP-KC) and perhaps at the best possible price?? I would really appreciate that, 'cause I'm lost :scared2: THANKS!!!

Dr. Malley did my surgery. I can not say enough positive things about his staff and the surgery center staff. They are all wonderful. They have a support group once a month and a nutrional meeting once a month as well. (Neither are required just a nice bonus) I really liked Dr. Malley because unlike so many other doctors that I talked with he seemed like a real person that was willing to answer MY questions and not just general questions about the surgery. He is very soft spoken and laid back. Not an in your face kind of person. Just very mellow. The surgery center is off of Nall and 435 and his office is off Johnson Dr. They cost of self pay was $16,500 but it covers the surgery and all your office visits and fills for the first year. It would have to be paid for up front but they also work with a finance company if you want to try that route. What other kind of questions fo you have?

Happy Hump day!!! The week is half over. Well I had my first fill today. Rather uneventful. I stressed over having that little needle stuck in my stomache and it didn't hurt at all. I am down another 6 lbs per Dr. Malley's scale (which is the only one that matters to me). So that is about 1 lb per week since my one week post op. I will take it wish it had of been more but then don't we all....lol. Dr. Malley added 2 cc's to my band today. I go back again in two weeks. Have a great rest of the week.

I had my first fill today too with Dr. Hoehn. It was really easy and no pain, no bruising. I have lost 14 pounds in 5 weeks since my surgery. I feel great and I am ready to lose more!:smile2:

Hello,

I'm only considering getting a Lap-Band®, and I see there's a great bunch of people already on the road to a better life. I understand that everyone likes their dr the best, but could you give me some suggestions on who to choose (I live in OP-KC) and perhaps at the best possible price?? I would really appreciate that, 'cause I'm lost :smile: THANKS!!!

lizimiller, my reasoning for selecting Dr. Hitchcock with Malley Surgerical was the fact that weight loss seems to be his passion. He was a associate professor with KU Medical Center for 25 years teaching gastric bypass and was associated with the group at Shawnee Mission. He understands what we have been through over the years taking off the weight, putting on the weight +. So I went with experience, not just a doctor who does lap band (which is all Dr. Hitchcock does now) but someone who actually has learned first hand at the difficulty people have with their weight. He looks at it as a disease that we have. As far as New Hope Surgical Center; I've had numerous surgeries; KU, KU MedWest, Cox Hospital in Springfield,MO, OPR, Minorah and as far as staff, cleanliness, and doctors at New Hope exceed, by far, any of the other surgery centers I've been too. I was an individual, not just a patient, you are treated like you are the only person scheduled. You wouldn't be making a bad choice if it is Lap Band that you want.:smile2: Just my thoughts and experiences.

Kendra & Froggie - Congratulations. You are both progressing very well.

Weight came on gradually, and will come off (and stay off) this time.

So exciting to begin to live a more active, fulfilling life.

Joyce

Hello KC People. Just have to ask. Did anyone see the street in Gardner that was hit by the MicroBurst?? IT'S MY STREET. There are 6 families without livable homes. We were blessed. Only need new roof, siding, garage door and some windows. I was in the hospital getting a new knee when it happened. I came home Friday to TV cameras. (and I thought it was for me). Did gain 7 lbs in 3 days though. Good news is that it's the swollen knee.

Need about a week to catch up on all the posts.

Jersey

Jersey girl - so sorry to hear about your home. Hope your insurance will take care of it quickly. Best wishes with your new knee. I had mine replace May 11, 2009, then fell in the hospital on May 12. Three months of PT. GOOD NEWS - knee is perfect now. No more pain and complete flexibility.

Congrats on your wl too.

Joyce

I had my first fill today and like everyone else, found it to be a non-event. Just a quick cold spray of a deadening agent and then felt nothing. Got .8 ccs but I only have a 4 cc band so it is more than it sounds. I can feel liquid going through so in a couple of days when I can eat come real food we will see how much restriction I have. They also gave me some cool pictures from the fluoroscopy and I got to watch it all live with the barium swallows and putting in and taking out until they saw the right movement through the band. Very interesting.

Windus - hope all goes well for you. Thanks for posting.