Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters How much have you lost?

Pre-surgery - 20 lbs.

Post-surgery - 31.5 lbs.

Total of 51.5 lbs, but I had a higher starting weight, so I'm sure that influenced my weight loss.

fhce13 it is ocean city md.

I was curious because I'm in NJ not to far from OC NJ

I was banded Dec 3rd and have lost 21 pounds. I feel like I should have lost more by now. I had my second fill one wk ago and have little restriction. Just wondering how everyone banded in December are doing. Would love to hear from you.

Hi there! Sounds to me like you are right on track!:biggrin: My friend and I were banded on December 3rd. We met another lady banded on that day while we were there. They have both lost 25 lbs.

I have lost 60. I have NO idea why, lol! I do make uber conscious food choices and do exercise. This band is really working! And to think....I was worried it wouldn't work for me.

As an aside....I cannot figure out how to easily change my ticker. Anyone know?? I keep creating new ones, lol!:thumbup:

I was banded on Dec 15th. I have lost 35 lbs as of this morning!!Soooo Super excited!!

I was banded on December 30th. I've lost around 21 pounds. I kind of got off track because I got so busy with work and school. I am still in the process of figuring out my food "schedule", which isn't helping the scale! I know it's all a learning process. I've had one fill of 3ccs (my band holds 10 ccs), and I go for my 2nd fill next week!

I got my band 12/3/09 and have lost 60 pounds as of today. I lost 25 pounds on the 2 week preop diet and the rest since surgery. I feel so much better and was taking 6 insulin shots a day and 6 pills a day and now I take none.

I have no restriction still. Have lost a total of 17# from before the surgery pre-op and all. I don't if it matters that I don't have as much to lose as some though.

I really am looking forward to getting my band filled to the point where I have restriction.

I met with the nutritionist yesterday and they think that the lowcalorie diet I've been on isn't working for me and suggested I go back to lowcarbing. If that's the case - I could have done this without surgery.

I need the band to at least let me know it's there. As it stands I wouldn't know I had had the surgery unless someone pointed out my scars. :(

I was banded December 30th and have lost 22 pounds.

Even that. 80 pounds to go. I haven't been working to hard

on the weight loss and if fact have been letting myself

eat small amounts of things I would stay away from before.

So I am glad to be inspired by you all.

Can someone tell me how to do my profile.

Thanks

As an aside....I cannot figure out how to easily change my ticker. Anyone know?? I keep creating new ones, lol!:thumbdown:

Click directly on the ticker. You should have been required to save a Pin #. It should be four digits. A new window will open and ask for the pin. Once you enter the pin you can change information, and save. I usually go to my signature and resave it there too. Don't know if that's necessary but it works for me. Best wishes and hope this helps!

Well i was also banded 12/3/09 and i lost a total of 33lbs and that includes my pre-op, went in for my 1st fill on Jan 20th got a 1/2cc fill in.. a 10cc band....I go in for my 2nd fill march 8th and super xcited .....im stuck between 190 and 192 for the last week or so, i work out almost everyday, eat right xcept today i wanted french fries so i ate a grilled chicken with cottage chees on the side and small fries i bought omg i havent had fries like forever lol, i try not to get discouraged because i know it doesnt happen overnight and my dr. and his whole team which is also my team told me this does happen before my surgery i know im ready for another fill for sure im a patient person i feel good and healthier and loveing it and i know im heading in the right direction just enjoy each loss as it comes ok ......take care

Any of you ladies have problems with your menstrual cycle? I’ve had 3 in the less than 2 months since being banded and this current one I have been on for over 2 weeks! And each period started when I was taking active birth control pills. Funny (not really!) when I started this one, I finally broke 300 and lost 7 lbs that week. My PCP said it’s due to the whole estrogen storing fat and losing fat releases estrogen thing. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem.

I was banded on 12/29/09 starting weight 228lbs current weight is 207lbsfor a 21 lbs weight lost.

blk-weight.png

Edited by sweetee1

I was banded 12/30 & I have lost 30 pounds.

I was banded on 12/28 and have lost 21 pounds...just got my second fill today so I am excited about the band doing it's thing, as my doc said. Good luck and stick with your program!