Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for November 2005 Banders!

As many of you know that read my post I was to be banded on Nov 14....well when I went in on Wed Nov 9 for my preop testing thought everything was great....Got a phone call on Thurs Nov10 saying that my numbers looked awesome but we had a slight problem....my pregnancy test showed positive...So now instead of being a bandster I am going to be MOMMY smile.gif Just wanted to update everyone as to why i havent posted anythign lately about my surgery. CONGRATS to all who have had the surgery...and hopefully after the baby gets here i can still have the surgery if i have the money to pay for it as it was already paid in full b/c i was a self-pay when i found out i was pregnant.

If anyone from south carolina has had the band do you know if medicaid will pay for it. I am still looking for insurers in SC that cover it so that i can save some money.RIght now b/c i am pregnant i have mediaid and I cant find out if they cover it or not.ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brooke

Brooke - I'm sorry to hear your band is going to be delayed, but for what a wonderful reason!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Don't worry the band and everyone here will be here for support through your next 9 months AND when you are ready for the band again!!!

I was banded on November 1, 2005. Feeling great - currently 3 weeks out. Happy to be on this side of the surgery date. For those of you still waiting, best of luck to you all! It won't be long now, November banders!!

Brooke - I'm sorry to hear your band is going to be delayed, but for what a wonderful reason!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Don't worry the band and everyone here will be here for support through your next 9 months AND when you are ready for the band again!!!

Thank you soo much as I need it but not for lack of from family and friends but b/c my huny's ex wife is causing problems and trying to cause me to lose the baby but that is a whole nother story....I am very excited about being a mommy please just remember us in ur prayers as I was told when I was 17 i may have toruble carrying to term, so i pray nightly that god will give us a healthy baby,pregnancy,and that all will be well. :-) thanks for the reply

Brooke

Hi yall, I was banded on the 10th and today is Thanksgiving and this is such a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. I'm down almost 20 pounds. I'm back on soft/solid foods. I'm not feeling hungry. When I do, a little bit is all I eat. The surgery was easy, easy, easy for me. I was back at work on Monday following my Thursday surgery and I've never stopped. I'm taking it slow and chewing, chewing, chewing so I've not yet had the dreaded PB that everybody talks about. I'm eating very slow and listening to my body. I'm taking in plenty of liquids all day. So much to be thankful this year and years to come. This band has already changed my life.

Congrats to all the November bandsters and those still to come.

Carolyn

Hello there,

Well surgery went well on tues, had hernia repair, gallbladder removed and band placed. I was so glad to even drink the barium for the floroscopy! When I was preparing to be discharged I was given so many kinds of liquid to try, I was overwhelmed, and stressed. The staff was clearly stressed due to all the holiday and people were in high gear, letting so msny thiongs fall through the cracks. It did not help with the anexity. I did not tolorate the liquid pain med, and when I saw the green Jello, I knew that things had changed.

Rough time geting out of the hospital due to the holiday and traffic. I was so glad to get home. Slept finally last night and have been playing around with different kinds of liquids through out the day. getting plenty of Protein, I was warned about when the bowels became productive it would be a "blast" I'll say. Now I cannot seem to stop it. Hoping this does not last too long. Any help would be appreciated. I am going off the Gas X.

Heating pad for the tummy is great, logging all my intake of meds,liquid, any changes.

Because of the hernia, which was very bad I was told, I guess I am better off not overdoing things. hard though. Pain meds hype me up. : nervous I still am congested so still using the voldyne.

I am getting the idea of what no hunger feels like, how nice. I imagine things shall change in many ways, never a dull moment.

So day three, I seem to have read once getting thriugh this day it gets quite a lot better. Any comments or suggestions etc are appreciated. I am headed to have some Trader Joes "some kind of broth" or veg Soup.< /p>

I hopr you all have had a nice thanksgiving day, those of us who have had surgery recently are of course being thankful not for the food but the opportunity to finally change our lives and live healthier!

Thst is today's story.

Debra

Hello fellow bandsters (and soon-to-be's)!

I was banded on November 17th by Dr. Kuri in TJ. My overall experience was pretty good. It was hectic flying all the way back to Alabama the day after my surgery though.

I experienced quite a bit of gas pain and some still lingering. It never went to my shoulder like I hear so much about, and I'm thankful. I've had quite a few diarrhea problems though, so I'm depending on liquid Imodium for that.

Every once in awhile I get sharp pains at the port site. I guess that's my body telling me I'm overdoing it. So I'm trying to take it easier on myself these days. My husband says I'm too independant :)

I had the surgery on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday. It was so much easier than I thought and each day I improve.

I'm 12 lbs down as of this morning and I'm struggling to get in enough calories and fluids- this is such a learning experience!

Good luck to all you November bandsters! In one year we can all compare our success when all of the November 2006 bandsters start gathering :)

Guest shelzie

Hello All! I was banded 11/18/05

Hello,

I was banded and gallbladder removed, November 22nd and am 3 days out. Gassy and sore where my port is otherwise going well.

I'm on full liquids for 2 weeks then soft for 2 weeks and then start regular, "toddler style."

Made the mistake yesterday of having thinned out broccoli cheese instant Soup and the gas was terrible. Today I did a regular Protein Drink for Breakfast.

I'm going to stick to this for the remainder of the time I'm on liquids. I'm not even hungry as much of the time, so its not near as hard to just have liquids like when I was pre op, I felt like I was starving.

I'm also going to refer back to the "food" section to get some ider's.

Good luck to all!

Schel

Hey,

Staying away from the obvious non liquid, for three weeks,no fiborous, acid producing etc, make just so much sense. I have yet to experienc any fullness. Just not hungry, making sure to get liquids in. Actually have bit had anything taste bad yet, just wish I did not see it all over again from "other end!"

The rumbling in my belly is quite a party, I am seeing if I can hold on to it for a period of time, as not to be running. We have been told that we shall know when we eat or drink something wrong, well if this soon passes I shall at least be able to go on with consuming all the arrays of liquids I purchased beforehand and drank 4 days ahead of the surgery. I am also looking forward to not second guessing my choices.

Thanks for the assistance, waiting for Dr's offices to open can seem lifetime.

D.

I was banded on Monday, November 21st, 2005 by Dr. Trace Curry in Cincinnati Ohio. I am home drinking Clear Liquids and feeling excited and nervous at the same time. My surgery was a success, no gas problems and no pukes. YES!!

Anyone want to chat? I am not sure how this online message board works. Tips are most welcome!

Amy in Cincinnati

It's Amy again... how do you get that ticklefactory.com weigh tracker on your profile?? I want one too!

Amy