Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon after eating do YOU Drink??

Hi! I know this will vary from person to person. I used to wait only 30 min. after like my doc said. Then I was reading in my info book 1-2 hours after!!! How do they expect you to get in all your Fluid if you wait that long??? So, I noticed some days I'm getting hungry sooner then others even after eating same meal. I thought I'd try waiting longer befor drinking (maybe this will help). THANKS!

I wait 60-90 minutes; my surgeon recommends 90. if I drink sooner, I do find myself hungrier--but that's probably because I'm just moving into dense Proteins. (The mushies tend to leave the stomach more rapidly, especially if Fluid is added.)

I don't have any trouble getting Fluid in. I just make sure to keep a Water bottle by my side at all times other than the off-limits times :thumbup:

My doc says 30 min. also. I mentioned the 1-2 hour thing and he said it's not necessary and extreme. Sometimes I wait 45 min but usually 30 min.

I have also wondered how to get all my fluids in if I can't drink 30 minutes before and 90 minutes afterwards. That's 2 hours of not being able to drink. Then I feel like I need to guzzle Water before I hit my next "dry spell." This is alot of work! But oh so worth it!!

Edited by txprincess

I am really bad sometimes I dont wait and drink with food, a small amount though...I dont notice it making any difference.....

My doc says 45-60 mins, so that's what I go with. It took me some getting used to to get there. I had to wean myself off Water with meals (I was a 3 glasses of water with my meals kind of person). On the bright side, I have found that I use a fraction of the salt that I used to!

My doc said 30 min. and the nurse added that if I'm eating something soft like yogurt, I could actually drink after 20 since the sliding foods don't stay in the pouch as long as solids. I'm also concerned about getting in all my liquids - and drank 8-10 glasses a day before banding while on WW, so it's not as though I never drank much before.

i drink up until my first bite, and then wait an hour after my last.

I drink with my meals. I have a hard time getting liquids in, and the amount that I drink during a meal is really not much -about an 3 oz.

I drink with my meals. I have a hard time getting liquids in, and the amount that I drink during a meal is really not much -about an 3 oz.

And you stay full for 3-4 hours? Even with that 3oz. I have been told any liquid with your meal makes it a "slider" meal and it goes right throught the band. Interesting...

Yes, I stay full for at least 4 maybe 5 hours. I also eat Soup, which has lots of liquid in it.

Nothing to drink 5 minutes before a meal and 30 min after. sometimes I go 45 minutes.

I can't drink after a meal! If I have any liquid on top of a meal it just sits in my throat and I bp or throw up. I didn't get to this stage though until my last fill. Must mean I'm close to my sweet spot.

I'm about 8 weeks out and i lost 16 lbs the first week after surgery and i had my 2nd fill this passed Monday the 10th and I haven't lost another lb the doc said don't worry about it because I haven't gained, but I still don't feel any difference or feel like I'm losing i get my next fill on the 24th it's getting me upset I'm trying to be patient am I doing something wrong? I don't eat and drink together and I'm only eating 3 small meals a day. Help:(