Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Palin joins Fox - right where she belongs!

On television, Fox balances out the liberal bias on MSNBC and CNN making it fair for everyone.

I would call that fair and balanced.

I get the majority of my news online via Fox. I don't care much for commentaries from any pundit. So, I guess that is why I don't understand the contempt.

I watch MSNBC all day, including commentators Chris Matthews, Ed Shultz, Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow. Chris Matthews is probably the least liberal of these. The other ones call out those on the right who lie and they present the facts.

Rachel just had one of "The Family" men from the secretive "C" street group with relation to their involvement with the bill in Uganda to kill gays. Despite the fact they they all came out publicly against it, they were responsible for sending speakers to Uganda who claim to convert gays and who blame a whole laundry list for causing homosexuality. She asked him if anything she had been saying on her show for weeks about this issue and "The Family" was innaccurate, and he said no. This shows that she presents the truth whether or not the republicans and right wing like it. He did not take exception to anything she had presented, he just tried to justify their group and what they do.

You would never even hear about this group on Fox.

They're only coming out of the closet because they have to try to deflect all the bad publicity they've been getting. They're like patty, they think that anything they do is all right because they are Christians. They admit that they're sinners but they believe that they deserve to make more money, have more women, break the rules, etc., because they follow God's teachings.

Boggles the mind.

They're like patty, they think that anything they do is all right because they are Christians.

Why do you say things like that? Do you just want a bad reaction from me? You know that's not true about me. I do not feel that anything that I do is alright because I am a Christian. If I do anything that is not alright, call me on it. But you only know what I say, not what I do.

They're like patty, they think that anything they do is all right because they are Christians.

I have avoided some of these threads because I am not a confrontational person. But what you said was wrong. I am a Christian and from what I have read of Patty's posts, she does not think that everything she does is right because of her beliefs. And if a Christian thinks and acts that way, they are not a true Christian, and God knows that. Please do not start bringing religion into things because that is wrong. Belittling someone for being a Christian is just as bad as belittling a person who is a different race than you. I'm not sure if that's the best comparison in the world, but it's the only thing I could come up with right now.

I have avoided some of these threads because I am not a confrontational person. But what you said was wrong. I am a Christian and from what I have read of Patty's posts, she does not think that everything she does is right because of her beliefs. And if a Christian thinks and acts that way, they are not a true Christian, and God knows that. Please do not start bringing religion into things because that is wrong.If you have been following the posts on these threads then you should know that it is pattygreen who brings religion into EVERY debate. Others simply respond.

And patty has said repeatedly in this thread and in many others that she knows the Bible and God and that she is a sinner but that it is all right because she believes in the Bible and God and therefore she is going to heaven, no matter what she does.

She goes on to say that we are wrong, wrong, wrong because she thinks that liberals have their own moral compass and it has nothing to do with God and therefore we are foolish.

Now personally, I think THAT is wrong and if I take umbrage to it, I believe that is my right. I know that all liberals are not Christians as I also know that many of them absolutely are.

I believe I have characterized patty's stance and those of the Company's properly, particularly if it is taken in the context of this discussion.

If you personally feel insulted, that's your choice. I wasn't talking about you and if you will read the earlier posts that lead to my statement, perhaps you will understand better why I made it. If not, then stand by your post and condemn me because you think I am someone who doesn't have as pure a moral compass as you and therefore everything I believe is wrong.

It's not only that pattygreen believes HER interpretation of the bible is the correct one, and her beliefs are the right ones, it's that she wants this interpretation and these beliefs to be the basis of EVERYTHING our government does.

I believe that is where those on the other side of this debate take exception. We do not believe that should be the case and I will fight to make sure that doesn't happen.

And the rest of us can also make our own interpretation of the bible and can believe just as strongly that OUR interpretation is the right one.

I have not been following the threads with every post at all. Just every now and then, and I just happened upon this one this morning. Like I said, I'm not a confrontational person at all, that's why I haven't been following.

I apologize if I took your post the wrong way, BJean. But I do really believe that a true Christian will not ever act superior to others, no matter the situation (I'm not trying to defend anyone). And BJean, I'm not the type of person to condemn or judge anyone. I try very very hard to never judge anybody, especially by what they put on a message board.

Cleo's Mom, you're right. Every person does have their own interpretation of the Bible. No one person is right. We have our opinions, and should not push them on anybody else who does not agree. To me...I may be wrong...there is a difference in trying to get someone to agree with you and pushing them to agree with you. I sure hope that made sense. lol

So...again, I apologize for not reading thoroughly.

TN_Girl: You and I agree then on that very basic belief that we all are free to read and interpret the Bible as best we can and that our beliefs are our own and just as valid as anyone else's.

My irritation comes from the holier-than-thou attitude that patty takes in her posts a lot of the time. I probably should not have said what I did, but I stand by it nonetheless.

Thanks for your post. I respect what you said very much.

And patty has said repeatedly in this thread and in many others that she knows the Bible and God and that she is a sinner but that it is all right because she believes in the Bible and God and therefore she is going to heaven, no matter what she does.

I will agree that I have said that I study the bible, and that I know God, and that I am a sinner. But I have never said that it's okay if I sin because I am going to Heaven no matter what I do. [end quote]

It's not 'all right' if I sin. BUT, if I do, and I will, cause no one can make it through a day without sinning, I have the forgiveness of God to be thankful for. I do not take what Jesus did for me on the cross lightly. I know that when I sin, it hurts God, and therefore, I try my best to live as I should before him.

It's not only that pattygreen believes HER interpretation of the bible is the correct one, and her beliefs are the right ones, it's that she wants this interpretation and these beliefs to be the basis of EVERYTHING our government does.[END]

You are wrong about me. I do not want my beliefs to be the basis of EVERYTHING our government does. This country was originally founded as a Christian nation but after the first amendment, there would be no denominational preference. The intent was not to seperate religion from government but to see that no particular religious group had precedence over another group and especially that no one group set itself up as the official religion. The founding Fathers were interested in denominational pluralism; a robust, healthy competition if not a happy coexistance between the many Christian denominations, yet we hear people quoting the Constitution who have no conception of its history or intent.

God knew that there would be people who would preach "anything goes", and he knew that depraved human nature would gravitate toward that permissive philosophy, so he gave us the 10 commandments as divine imparatives as well as other moral teachings.

Today, moral behavior might be defined as behavior which conforms to those standards which society establishes as good and right. NO WAY!! Society can not be trusted since it is easily influenced by shifting standards. That is the reason we have pigpen morality today. We must have something authoritative that does not change- that can not be improved on or be discredited. Guess what book qulifies- the bible.

When there is a contradiction between the people who is right and who is wrong? There must be a code of ethics to go by. You say this is right, I say that it's wrong. I say this is wrong, you say it's right. God gave us a code of ethics. Even if you feel it is not true, why not adhere to them? We need something to end the differing opinions, why not the word of God? The book has pretty good ideas in it and it's for our own good. When the government has a problem pleasing everyone, turn to the word of God and use it as a final decision to determine who is right and wrong. The world would be a better place.

My irritation comes from the holier-than-thou attitude that patty takes in her posts a lot of the time.[END]

I do not believe that I am better than anyone else. I do, however, have confidence in God and all that he says.

Thank you C'sM. And thanks for your post regarding our founding fathers intent with regard to establishing a country that is not a theocratic one.

patty, please do not quote people without showing who you are quoting. Sometimes people attribute a post to someone who hasn't written it. I do not think that is right or fair and I don't believe you do it on purpose. I don't imagine you even realize that you've done it. But we would really appreciate it if you would be sure to include who made the original post that you're quoting.