Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugery date January 19, 2010. Who else is with me?

Hi Ang,

Mine is on the 20th. Did you have to do the 2 week pre-op Optifast? I have been doing it, but it's really taken it's toll on my tummy. And, to beat, I have only dropped about 5 lbs. A little frustrating. I am afraid this is an indicator that I won't lose weight even after the band. Most ppl are supposed to lose 15-20lbs (avg) on the liquid pre-op diet. Uggh. Also scared they will say I haven't lost enough and my surgery will be postponed. Any thoughts???

Thanks, Jossie1:blushing:

went to dr today for last appt. my date is 1/26 and is also coming up fast. I really can't believe it's happening! Good luck to everyone!

It am getting done Friday the 15th. I have been so caught up on educating myself and preparing for it and then today I met with the anesthesiologist today and it just hit me....THIS IS SURGERY... Now I'm VERY nervous!!!!!!!!:thumbup: But still excited!!!!!

I

My date is the 20th also.. I am 3 yrs older than you. I am scared out of my mind... I keep having nightmares. Crazy I know. I am not on a pre op liquid diet what about you.

1/20/2010 here also!!! I am TERIFIED ALSO!!!!

My surgery date is february 23rd at 9am. It is time for me to be first on my list on priorities. I have no fear, just very determined. Let's keep in touch.

My date is Jan. 18th. I started the process in Nov. I need to be at the hospital at 6:15 am for 8:00 surgery. That means I have to leave my house by 4:30 :biggrin: because I have to pick up my daughter. Her car is on the fritz! I wasn't told to go on a liquid diet either but it was suggested that I go on a kind of diet for 2 weeks. 1 egg, 1 cup of whole grain Cereal, 1 cup of milk and lunch and dinner are no better! I was so hungry, needless to say it didn't work very long!!! (like a day) I'm going to go on a Liquid Protein diet for the next few days though and hope it works. Ever since I started this process I have already lost about 15 pounds but I put 10 back on!!! Maybe I can lose 5..... My daughter had the LAP-BAND® 2 years ago and she's lost 90 lbs! She's 33 and happier than I've seen her in a while! Its nice to see...... Good luck to you and the rest of us too! May we all be success stories!!!!:thumbup:----------Love to you all--Candy

Im with ya lady, mine is Jan. 18th....would love the support...

i have mine the 18th also, 6 arrival 7:30 surgery....Good luck and much success...

My surgery is on Jan.22nd, I should hear tomorrow what time it is. I am nervous but not overly nervous like I was about 2 weeks ago. started the pre op diet a week early just to be on the safe side. I'm not to keen on the pre op diet(always hungry) but hey it has to be done!! We will all look back at this next year and say it was worth it!! Keep up the great work on those pre op diets!!!

Luann- I wish you the best of luck Monday morning! I'm nervous and excited too! Last minute horror story to tell--- My primary didn't send in my medical clearence letter to the surgeon until friday @ 4:30! I went to see her on Jan 4th for a medical clearence letter and she said she'd fax it right over to them. On this past weds morn the surgeon's office called to let me know they hadn't received it yet, so I went right over there to my primary doctor's office and she wasn't in ( she had a substitute dr. working that day) After about an hour or so her staff got ahold of her, she said she'd fax a letter to her office then they could fax it to the surgeon. She didn't fax that letter to her office until almost 4:30! Her nurse called to let me know she forwarded it on to the surgeon. Well... on Friday afternoon I called my surgeon to confirm (even though I knew everything was fine.) Wrong!!.... My prime dr faxed over a referral!!! what the heck!!! I went over to her office AGAIN and she had a substitute doctor. Her staff tried for 90 minutes or so to get ahold of her (her phone mailbox was full) One of the staff got her by sending a Text message to which she sent a text message back, (not even a phone call back!) and said for me to have an exam with the sub Dr and he filled out the paper and the faxed it over to the surgeon's office and I called to verifiy they received it. (they did around 4:30 in the afternoon!) Now, for someone who sees signs in everything this is VERY nerve wracking. I starting thinking maybe I shouldn't do this, maybe there is a reason....you know. But then I had to stop and remember I NEED this, nothing else has worked, I'm getting older and things are hurting. hahaha. The pains are not going away. They are getting worse not better. This is my last resort. I'm tired of being fat. With that I have found a sort of peace. I'm ready now. I can do it. I'm not even so nervous. This is a good thing. Onward and upward. Here we go. We CAN do this. We will do this. We are doing this! May God Bless us all as we start our new journey. ----Peace and Love----Candy

That was a be great message and a reminder to me that this is one of the best decisions i have made for myself and glad you feel the same too! My surgery was cancelled until Tuesday 1/26 as my surgeon was called to Haiti on a medical mission..At first I was devastated,angry and upset but then I realize that everything happens for a reason and like you it was probably a sign.those poor people need him more than I do right now.......but its gonna happen and I too am so excited...i have to start my pre-op diet all over again this wednesday, which i dont look forward too! but i did get to eat last night 1st time since last wednesday...I would love to stay in touch candy, and begin this journey together if you dont mind...I also met a great gal named fez on here also. She had her surgery I believe 2 weeks ago.. She was a blessing last night when i was so upset about my surgery being postponed...

Take care and please keep n touch Luann

just checking in. Days are flying by. My job is really stressing me out and my blood pressure is high. My Dr increased my meds and I have apt on Monday to ensure everything is good. I think some it is the stress of preparing for surgery im just trying relax and stay calm!

Mine is set for the 20th as well....Looks like the manufacturer of LapBands is having a banner month to begin the new year. I am still waiting to hear from the doctor with my surgery time but I don't really care when it happens...just that it comes quickly. Good luck to everyone on this same journey and I hope to be talking to many of you.

My son is called double g by his friends, that was funny to see that posted, I had to take a double look! hahaha. Luann I'm sorry you won't be getting it done on the 18th. but its very nice of your dr to go down there. Is he part of "doctors without borders?" Its absolutely horrible what happened in Haiti! It stinks about starting that diet all over again but you did it once you can do it again!!!! I've been drinking 3 or 4 Protein Drinks a day. Thats only 330-440 calories and about 40 oz of flavored water. If you drink alot of Protein along with alot of Water you may not be so hungry physically and the protein will aide in your healing process too. Although, I know emotionally its harder to do. I'm going in to surgery on Monday and I had pizza today and not just 1 piece! :/ But I didn't have any soda, I had sugar free fruit punch! It doesn't seem like much to omit a glass of sugared Pepsi know but if I stay away from sugar by drinking the sf koolaide the cravings aren't as bad. :w00t: small steps.... Ostmost- How did your surgery go and how have you been doing since? Sillybandster- good luck Monday. Angie, Marilyn, Peaches- good luck Tues. Habby,Taybjb, Jossie, Tamra and Doubleg- good luck weds. Navy-wife and Mindiv- goodluck on Fri. Everyone else- also goodluck on your day, in case i'm not back online (don't know if we'll feel up to it for a few days- i've never done this before. lol) If I forgot any one from this post going in the next few days I apologize , it wasn't on purpose. Luann- Yes, please, let's keep in touch. Everyone let's let each other know how it goes, and remember---everyone is different! But heck, lets face it, its fun to compare!!!! ---May God watch over, bless and protect us--- candy

Good luck to dear Candy! I have no doubt you will do well! Let us know how your doing as soon as you can! thinking of you!

Luann