Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All January 13, 2010 Bandsters!

Just an update. Went to hospital this am for &:00 check in. Surgery was 9:00 am and lasted approx. 45 mins. Was brought to post-op recovery and discharged from hospital at 1:00 pm as out patient. Sore throat, mild chest and shoulder pain from co2 gas. The pre and post op diet called (bandsters hell) is much worse that the surgical procedure.

The big day is almost here! I am to be at the hospital by 7:30 tomorrow morning. I had to stop by today for some final blood work. I was even given my wrist band to wear tomorrow. I am a little nervous and just want to get on with it! I won't be able to post again until Thursday, but I will add to the surgery stories then. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. We will be bandsters when we meet again.:thumbup:

Well, tomorrow is the 13th so just wanted to wish you all GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

I went to the doctor's office for my required wt. checked prior to the procedure...I started with the wt checked in my visit on 12-23-09 258.6lbs. My wt today, 249.3!! This has been hardest 2 weeks of the pre diet. But I have finaly made it, and I'm excited!! I will check back in on Thursday, because I'm an overnight hospital stay...until then, Good Luck 01-13-10 Banders.

Just wanting to wish you 13th bandsters Good Luck!! Can't wait to hear back when your all done and feeling better!! The 15 isn't to far away I may be a bit more nervous as the time counts down but also very excited about a new life change!! Once again Good Luck to all! ;)

See you guys on the other side ;) Leaving for the hospital now.

Surgery at 9 Its finally here good luck to all of you talk to you soon.. I am sure we will all have wonderful stories to tell.. :thumbup:;)

Today's the big day for all you January 13th bandsters! Hope it all goes smooth! Good luck and can't wait to hear how everything went...for us a few weeks behind!

So there we go!!!! Jan 13 has come and gone :thumbup: Hope you all are feeling well. I for one am just glad its done. I"m a bit uncomfortable, no shoulder pain though....I'm glad about that. I believe that Loratab is wonderful stuff...and I had a good sleep after I got home yesterday.

One more step in my journey complete!!! Now a full week of clear fluids. Right now the thought doesnt bother me....wonder how i'll feel in a few days.

Let us all know how the rest of you Jan 13th bandsters are feeling!!!!

Hello all,

Here I am reporting post-op. Was scheduled for 9.40am on Jan 13, but reschduled for 12 noon. Was out of surgery at 1 pm in recovery for 2 hours after. Was at home in my own bed at 4 pm.

Sore, tired, some pain - nothing unbearable. Fortunately did not need hiatal hernia repair. Some gas pain.

Now, I am really excited about the journey ahead and the transformation to a whole new me!!

Well im officially banded!! Went in this morning at 9 got back to hotel at 3 everything went perfect Doc was even proud of me sticking with the liquid diet for 12 days and said my liver was small and perfect and made his job easier!! :thumbup: Now as for me the pain from the surgery isnt bothering me at all but the air/gas trapped hurts like hell and im coughing a lot which makes it hurt worse....other then that I do feel some very strong hunger pains for some reason, I never really did feel them that bad b4...Im just glad this part is over with and I can start to heal and live my new life with my new best friend!!!!!:w00t:

Well I was banded on the 13th.. I was really scared at first but I am glad I went through with it. THey also took my gallbladder out and repaired my hital hernia . I have had a lot of pain but I have been moving around quite a bit. How is everyone else.

Hi to all i am having my band on jan 12, I am so blessed because my sister had hers done on dec 30, she is doing great!!!!!!! i cant wait:smile2:

I thought about canceling but realized that everything I have done up to now hasn't worked...I realized that it is change that is making me nervous and not the operation itself. I know it is the right thing to do

I'm just wondering if anyone else is as sick as I am. I feel awful and have done nothing but throw up since I got home. Last night I even had bile. I guess I'll be going to the ER today. I have the anti-nausea meds and the pain meds, and have found out if I miss even 20 mins from being on time, I'm sick again. I haven't had much shoulder pain from the gas at all.. just belly pain. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder what planet everyone that says "this was the easiest" surgery ever came from. I have had my gall bladder out and 2 c-sections. This surgery was A W F U L and painful and all the other ...ful's I can think of.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is as sick as I am. I feel awful and have done nothing but throw up since I got home. Last night I even had bile. I guess I'll be going to the ER today. I have the anti-nausea meds and the pain meds, and have found out if I miss even 20 mins from being on time, I'm sick again. I haven't had much shoulder pain from the gas at all.. just belly pain. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder what planet everyone that says "this was the easiest" surgery ever came from. I have had my gall bladder out and 2 c-sections. This surgery was A W F U L and painful and all the other ...ful's I can think of.

Hang in there Just-Ice. And I am glad that you are doing the appropriate thing by going to the ER. I will pray you feel better soon. For me - I thankfully had no complications at all - in fact the surgeon told me I was real good and did not need a hernia repair either. The big trouble they had with me was finding a vein and my forearm is all black and blue from trying!! I did have belly pain on 13th, gas and belly pain since. But both have subsibed. I have not thrown up once and I am extremely thankful for that. Since I am allergic to dust - sneezing is common - and that hurts!! But, I am taking it with a pinch of salt and waiting to feel better.

Just Ice hang in there - things will get better!