Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All January 13, 2010 Bandsters!

So, we've been approved and some of us are on our pre-op diets, let's stick together to provide motivation and support to those going through what we're going through :blushing: Any takers?

I'm with you! My surgery is also 1/13. How are you doing on your pre-op diet?? I'm down four pounds, but would have killed for a slice of pizza tonight :rolleyes2:

I'm in on the 15th---the pre-diet starts tomorrow!!!

We had the LAST SUPPER tonight....so sad = )

Here we go...

I'm with you! My surgery is also 1/13. How are you doing on your pre-op diet?? I'm down four pounds, but would have killed for a slice of pizza tonight :rolleyes2:

Me too! Kill for pizza that is. We walked through the mall today to get my steps in and walked through the food court. It sucked. BUT... *I* can do this.. I know I can. I sure hope I can. LOL

Going to fix me some Soup for dinner (broth only) and pretend it's japanese stir fry!

My surgery date is 01/19/09 sooooo excited!!! Good luck and let me know how everything goes. I know we all can do it. Just think of ourselves 6 months down the road. Thats what keeps me going.

Hi to all i am having my band on jan 12, I am so blessed because my sister had hers done on dec 30, she is doing great!!!!!!! i cant wait:smile2:

Does anyone think of canceling their surgery? I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I'm scared.

I have preopt tomorrow and surgery on tuesday Jan 12, and honestly im terrified. :smile2: i know its the right thing to do, but im scared that im not going to handle the pain afterwards.....

Hey :smile2: I'm January 13th too!!! Day 7 today of my pre-op diet....not the easiest thing i've done but I'm doing it. Day 3 was the worst for being hungry ....now I'm ok. Just drink my 2 Protein drinks....eat my small palm sized meal of chicken or fish and veges and I drink lots and lots of Water. I've even gone caffiene free and I sleep so much better already.

I decided to not get on the scale till the 13th AM but I have a pre-op appt with my Doc and I'll just bet he makes me get on his scale!!!! Sadist!!! :thumbdown: I'm sure i'm losing....just easier for me to enjoy how I feel and how my clothes fit rather than see the number. For some reason that is one of my issues...that number is NEVER the one i want to see...no matter how good it is!!!!!!

So we all rock!!!! we are doing it!! and just imagine the conversations we can have next January 13th !!!!!

I have preopt tomorrow and surgery on tuesday Jan 12, and honestly im terrified. :thumbup: i know its the right thing to do, but im scared that im not going to handle the pain afterwards.....

That's what pain meds are for! You can do this!! If you are like most of us, you have waited SOOO long to do this. I have my preop appt on Friday and I'm all ready to go. Finishing up day 3 of my liquid diet. Today has sucked - it's the first day back to work on all liquids and I have had the worst time concentrating - BUT.. that will all be done soon. :tt2:

My surgery is Jan 13 @ 6:30 a.m.! So excited. I had a lapse in judgement last night, but I won't let it happen again. Instead of drinking a Protein Shake for a sweet I ate a small chocolate oatmeal cookie :thumbup:

My surgery date is Jan 21st, so I started my 2 week ALL liquid diet today. 6 Bariatric Advantage shakes a day, plus all the non caloric, non caffeinated drinks I want. 2 down and 88 to go. Got to admit the shakes are not going down very easily (alot of gagging and the last couple swallows coming up)-I think its more of a texture thing rather than the taste, although the taste is not good!! My dietician has rcommended that I blend them with ice as opposed to Water and see if that helps, I am about to try that!! Any suggestions, what are the rest of you doing to get them down??

On day 4 of this liquid diet thing. I have to admit, cream of chicken Soup didn't make me throw up - I actually thought it would. My preop appt is Friday, I'm excited for that. I'm starting to see why we do this pre-diet thing, either that or the lack of food has affected my brain. I'm thinking the reasonsing why is this: our liver shrinks, we get use to consuming less in a sitting, we appreciate the little amts of food we do consume. Yeah, now that I think of it, it's my brain acting up.

My surgery is Jan 13 @ 6:30 a.m.! So excited. I had a lapse in judgement last night, but I won't let it happen again. Instead of drinking a Protein shake for a sweet I ate a small chocolate oatmeal cookie :tt2:

Hey Art! I wondered when you'd make it around here! I am right behind you in surgery, mine is at 8:00 am. Just think, by the time you are in recovery, I'll be heading in. Whoo-hoo! And you know. .if you broke that cookie in half before you ate it, all the calories fell out. :thumbup:

I`m getting banded on Jan, 12, and this 7 day full liquid diet is driving me crazy on day 2! Hope I can hold out without eating my hand!