Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All January 13, 2010 Bandsters!

Hang in there Just Ice.. I felt like this surgery was very painful too depends on who you talk to I still have gas pain and i can feel pain where the port is .. I hope you get to feeling better soon...

I'm just wondering if anyone else is as sick as I am. I feel awful and have done nothing but throw up since I got home. Last night I even had bile. I guess I'll be going to the ER today. I have the anti-nausea meds and the pain meds, and have found out if I miss even 20 mins from being on time, I'm sick again. I haven't had much shoulder pain from the gas at all.. just belly pain. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder what planet everyone that says "this was the easiest" surgery ever came from. I have had my gall bladder out and 2 c-sections. This surgery was A W F U L and painful and all the other ...ful's I can think of.

So sorry to hear you're having these problems. I did too. Nausea and just feeling horrible. You aren't alone in this. It will get better and soon.

Let us know how you're doing.

We're thinking about you!

Claricey

Hi Just Ice: Hope you are feeling better today. Did you go to the ER. I was thinking that maybe some of the pain meds are adding to your nausea. I know when I took pain meds for a bad back I got very nauseated. I was not banded yet still in the approval stage. Hope all goes well with you. cat lady

Am I the only one on this blog thats going crazy from the boredom and hunger of this 14 day post-op full liquid diet? Began the liquid (Fast) on Jan 6 and got Banded on Jan 12.Damn, sugar free Jello, pudding, yogurt,soups,and high Protein Shakes are driving me mad! Wanna add in gas and constant diarrhea from consuming only liquids for 2 weeks already and one more still to go before we can progress to mush foods. I know they call in Bandster Hell for a good reason. Between the one week liquid pre-op and 4 weeks post-op regiment is over, I`m sooo jonesing for some real solid food already!

I too got my band 01-13-10. I was so nausated in the hospital the morning after surgery. They has to give me two different anitmetic medications. I was sent home with them also, but has not needed them. I have taken just a total of 1.5 tablespoons. I have been getting by with liquid tylenol and gas drops. I have been passing gas slowly, but i'm afraid that i may be cosuming too much liquid, because, i'm constantly putting fluids in. I have not gotten sick just gas. I felt well enough to fix my family Breakfast this morning. And i did not have any desires to eat this morning. I even fixed hamburger helper for the kids this evening. I am doing okay, but i did lick the spoon of juice from it. But that's all!! Hope we all get past this just fine...

I did end up going to the ER tonight. They did a cat scan and told me to see my surgeon on Monday. Apparently I cannot take the liquid meds and the zofran is really making me really sick. They gave me a shot of phenagen tonight and it worked sooo much better. Hopefully I'm on the mend. Hope everyone else is too!

Good to hear you are on the mend. I think this pain med is making me feel sick so tomorrow I am going to quit taking it and see how I feel..

I did end up going to the ER tonight. They did a cat scan and told me to see my surgeon on Monday. Apparently I cannot take the liquid meds and the zofran is really making me really sick. They gave me a shot of phenagen tonight and it worked sooo much better. Hopefully I'm on the mend. Hope everyone else is too!

Hi! I'm so glad you went and got something that could help you. Been thinking about you and hoping you are feeling much better really quick!!

Claricey

Am I the only one on this blog thats going crazy from the boredom and hunger of this 14 day post-op full liquid diet? Began the liquid (Fast) on Jan 6 and got Banded on Jan 12.Damn, sugar free Jello, pudding, yogurt,soups,and high Protein shakes are driving me mad! Wanna add in gas and constant diarrhea from consuming only liquids for 2 weeks already and one more still to go before we can progress to mush foods. I know they call in Bandster Hell for a good reason. Between the one week liquid pre-op and 4 weeks post-op regiment is over, I`m sooo jonesing for some real solid food already!

Hi Phil! Wow, even though I'm not on the exact same post op regime I sure can relate to the boredom. And "head hunger" when cooking for my family. I have been able to have very loose eggbeaters and oatmeal and cottage cheese/ricotta cheese in addition to what you listed so I have been able to vary things a bit to keep me from going stark raving mad. (I've had enough Cream of chicken Soup to last me a lifetime)

Before you know it you will be on the other side and it will get much better!

I found adding some spices and small amounts of ketchup or salsa to things really gives it some flavor and makes it a little more tolerable.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Claricey :w00t:

I'm doing so much better today. I'm only on tylenol and no anti-nausea meds. I cannot believe the difference between today and yesterday. I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.. and it's a size 18 pair of jeans I have my eye on :w00t:

I'm doing so much better today. I'm only on tylenol and no anti-nausea meds. I cannot believe the difference between today and yesterday. I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.. and it's a size 18 pair of jeans I have my eye on :drool:

You GO GIRL! I can't wait for that either!!! No more Lane Bryant, Avenue, Jessica London or Romans shopping for us!!

:w00t:

Well here we are one week post-op :mad: Hope everyone is feeling much better. I wouldnt say that the surgery was a cake walk....but it wasnt quite as bad as i had imagined.

I'm still on Clear Liquids, hoping to move up to full liquids tomorrow with my F/U with Dr. G. I think all total with my 2 week pre-op liquids...I will be on liquids for a total of 5 weeks. I'm pretty sure each stage will get better and better.

A week ago I was so sick of Protein Shakes but if you asked me this morning?? I WOULD LOVE ONE!!! haha Its all relevant.

I'm not physically hungry so thats not really a problem. I avoid the constant borage of food commercials on the TV as they do get me "thinking" I'm hungry. If i seriously think of eating something "real" my tummy kinda doesnt agree. So I'm doing ok.

As a nurse I worry about my nutritional status and will feel better on full fluids as i can get my Protein and milk at least and maybe some nice warm cream Soup. It all sounds good.

I'm still a wee bit tender around my port site and more so since I've been back at work as I'm on my feet more and doing more bending. I'm sure it will get better.

Hope everyone is coming along.....and on their way to a much healthier lifestyle...Heres to the January 13th bandsters!!!!!! Cheers.....:wink2:

Debster, as one who was banded on Jan 12, and was on full liquids one week pre-op, with the exception on clear liquids only the day before surgery, 3 days post-op clear liquids only followed by 12 more days of full liquids only, I know once I reach the end of this 3 weeks liquid phase, I`ll breath sign of relief. Cottage cheese, soft cheese, tuna/egg/and chicken salad will taste like a Tbone steak or Maine Lobster. I`m not going to sugar coat this bandster hell process. It sucks, I`m hungry, getting hunger headaches, tired of gas an passing liquids. After next Mon when I get first surgeons FO, I got 2 more weeks of mush and pureeed crap before real food. I for one can`t wait. I knew what I was getting into reading all the pre and post op literature, but reading and walking the walk is too different experiences.

Really glad to know that you are doing better! TAke care and do let us know what your surgeon says.