Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All January 13, 2010 Bandsters!

I'm set for the 13th as well. I'll be the second surgery that morning! I am excited and lucky as my surgeon does not require any pre-op diet except for a clear liquid diet the day before the surgery. For those of you who fear the surgery; some fear is natural and to be expected. I have had one laproscopic surgery before and I was thrilled to find out it didn't hurt very much at all. I was home walking around my hilly yard in less than 24 hours. There was some soreness on standing after sitting a while and on getting up in the morning, but nothing major. You can do it! We can do it together.

Whoo hoo! Just finished day 4 of the liquids. And on that note, I'm going to bed. Night all!

Hi all,

I am Jan 13 too - and am on day 8 of my pre-op diet. It has not been easy - I was plagued with headaches for the first few days of the diet. But for the last couple I / my body seem to have gotten the hang of it.

I know I have lost a few pounds - I can feel it - but I have promised myself that I will not stand on the scale till the last day of the diet.

Six more days to go - I have tonnes to wind up at work - since I am taking 2 weeks off starting the day of surgery.

Good luck to all

I said the same....I will NOT get on that scale till the morning of my surgery!!!! One of my "issues" is with that scale of mine...I never seem to like what it says and staying off of it is my best defense.

That said I went to my pre-op appt. with my surgeon today and guess what he made me do!!! You got it....stand on his scale. Well I'm down 17 lbs and I couldnt be happier...I now feel content knowing that I'm going to shrink my liver and I'm not so concerned about that possible complication. So here's to 6 more sleeps...5 more days of pre-op diet.....and then is JANUARY 13th!!!!!

Gonna be a great day for all of us....CHEERS

Today is my first day..still learning how to use this thing:biggrin: Congrats to you all!! My surgery is on jan 15th and today is my 5th day on liquids! O did i mention im a little scared!!:tt1:

I am also having surgery on the 13th. Day 3 of liquid diet and I am starving.You know it is bad when you look at your dog's food and think they are luck for eating solid food.

Nervous about surgery as well. I have read up on this and death in this surgery is supposed to be 1 in 2000, however it is still scary

My surgery is January 16th :frown: I'm excited, scared and nervous!! I start a 1 week pre-op on Monday Jan. 12th. I've talked to ppl that ate the healthy choice frozen dinners the week of pre-op diet. My paperwork says 5 days b4 surgery to begin a " low residue diet" (eliminate nuts, high Fiber breads and cereals, raw fruitsw and vegetables and limit milk products). Also drink Miralax twice a day & take one dulcolax tablet daily at bedtime. Day b4 surgery clear liquid Breakfast, and continue Clear Liquids for the rest of the day. Then at 6pm mix remaining Miralax in 64 oz Water and slowly drink until #2 is clear :) Nothing to eat or drink after midnight!!

Is there anyone out there with the same Preparations for surgery?? looks like a lot of Jello, fish, chicken & broth on my diet this week.........oh well......gonna be worth it in the long run :w00t:

Seems to be a huge variety of pre-op instructions out there. Just do what your surgeon says and you'll be fine. Its not as bad as it seems...I am on day 12 of my 14 day pre-op and I'm doing just fine!!!! Can't wait for Wednesday....wooohoooo. A month ago I thought the 14 pre-op would be the hard part...now I think the immediate post -op is my next hurdle. No matter...I'll get through it all and be happier and healthier by the day! :blink:

I am STILL laughing about the solid dog food comment! That was just too funny!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm drinking my muscle milk and heading to work. I'm really glad I'm working right up till surgery so that I can keep my mind occupied.

Hi everyone I am being banded on the 13th at 9 am I am so scared and hungry at this point.. I have lost like 6 or 7 lbs I hope that I have lost enough I guess I have 2 more days to go. I have been faithful to the diet except the chicken nugget I hate ugh.. What a lapse in judgement.. anyway good luck to all of you..

Hey everyone. I get banded tomorrow morning, first thing! I am right now very nervous but not to the point that I would change my decision.

My biggest fear is that I have forgotten something or that I haven't prepared enough. Although honestly...if I did forget anything I have my angels (hubby and sis) to get it for me so I need to just chill out.

Full liquid diet today was really rough. My nephew had his 6th b'day party. Tons of food (all that I love) and the biggest chocolate cake I've ever seen. I was sitting there eating a Greek yogurt and a Fuze drink. And to my surprise I did just fine...so after that kind of a day...I KNOW I can do this. And so can ALL of us.

Best of luck to EVERYONE and Take care. Can't wait to post when I'm home on Tuesday.

:blush:

Well today is day 8 on liquids..Saturday was so hard for me for some reason, i was thinking about food all day but thank goodness i didn't cheat im sure I would have felt bad right after! Counting today only 5 more days till surgery, i guess im not really nervous im more just focusing on this liquid diet to get through it and haven't really even thought about being scared of the surgery...Im so ready for this!! Congrats to you all..good luck to the people going in this week for surgery!!!

Does anyone think of canceling their surgery? I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I'm scared.

OMG... I am scheduled for tomorrow 1/12, I have so thought about cancelling!!! I've lost 4 lbs on the preop. But now I am more nervous than ever about having the actual surgery cuz I'm thinking I can do it on my own... OMG... I need this help cuz I know I can't!

sdh5463...You`ve gone too far to abort the procedure. Pull the trigger! Almost everyone I`ve spoken to has told me their only regret was they did`nt get the (Band) years earlier and would do it again in a heart beat. Good luck, I`m going in tomorrow myself....1/12/2010 for my surgery. Good luck, and go for it!

I get banded on Jan 13th too! Yes, i am scared, nervous, hungry, etc, etc - but truly I am excited - to start a whole new life! Good luck to all here!:smile2: