Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded last night (12-23-09)

Katy,

WOW!! 17 lbs!! That's AWESOME!! Way to go!! :smile2: I'm SO proud of you!! :lol:

I lost 3 lbs on my pre-op diet, which was high protein/low carb for 1 week and by this morning I had lost 7.2 lbs since Wed. Dec 23rd. So, I have lost a total of 10.2 lbs since Dec 17th and feel great. Can't wait to put on my work clothes and see if I can tell the difference! Yesterday, my watch was sliding down my wrist.

Katy, all I want for the New Year is a healthier life!! What a way to start, eh? We are on the right path. You are doing awesome hon!! Keep up the good work!! You are an inspiration to me!!

Please keep me posted. Hope you have a great 8th day! :smile:

Hugs,

Amy

Amy,

Thanks so much for the kind words!! You have done a great job as well! 10.2 pounds is AWESOME! It sounds like you are doing well on regular foods. I am not having any problems either; I have been eating chicken, salad, eggs, and am having a chicken casserole this evening.

I did put on a pair of jeans that I wore before my pre-op diet, and I can slide them down past my hips without unbuttoning them!!! Woohoo! I am experiencing a little trouble wearing my bras, because they sit right on my incisions. Yuck. But, I put an extra bandaid over the incisions and that helps a bit.

Speaking of my incisions, I am still a little sore, but I am able to sleep on my sides and even my stomach. No issues there. Any idea when we can pull the surgery tape off of our incisions? I will probably find out next week for my two week appt.

Going back to work on Monday:sad:. I feel well enough going back to work, but have enjoyed my time off. Hope you are doing well.

Katy

Amy,

Thanks so much for the kind words!! You have done a great job as well! 10.2 pounds is AWESOME! It sounds like you are doing well on regular foods. I am not having any problems either; I have been eating chicken, salad, eggs, and am having a chicken casserole this evening.

I did put on a pair of jeans that I wore before my pre-op diet, and I can slide them down past my hips without unbuttoning them!!! Woohoo! I am experiencing a little trouble wearing my bras, because they sit right on my incisions. Yuck. But, I put an extra bandaid over the incisions and that helps a bit.

Speaking of my incisions, I am still a little sore, but I am able to sleep on my sides and even my stomach. No issues there. Any idea when we can pull the surgery tape off of our incisions? I will probably find out next week for my two week appt.

Going back to work on Monday:sad:. I feel well enough going back to work, but have enjoyed my time off. Hope you are doing well.

Katy

Katy,

I'm having the same problem with my bras. I put extra band-aids over the incision strips too and that seems to help. But it is uncomfortable.

I was told to leave the incision strips/tape on. That they will fall off on their own. I have 2 that are barely hanging on. The other three are still stuck on pretty good. Maybe the surgeon will remove them at our 2nd week post-op visit?? I see my surgeon on Tuesday and can't wait. He was out of town this past week and I have not seen him since the recovery room. I've spoken to him on the phone several times but it's not the same.

I went back to work on Thursday and OUCH!! It was a BAD, STUPID idea!! My surgeon left it up to me... and I should have listened to my body more. Anyways, I am not returning again until after Jan 11th or 18th. My job is very physical and I need time to heal. I'm very, very sore still from Thursday.

I've been resting a lot and I have cabin fever but I need to heal completely before going back again and risking injury.

Good luck to you on Monday. Please keep me posted on how you are doing, Katy.

Speak soon,

Amy

congratulations to those who were banded and to those who are coming up. i was banded april 22, 2009. i am 115 pounds down from my highest weight and about 90 of that is since the surgery. wouldn't trade it for the world. keep up the good work - i blogged in the beginning. it helped keep me sane. good luck!

kate

Amy,

That is nice that you actually get to see your surgeon for your two week visit. I was told that my surgeon would be on vacation this month, so I would be seeing a tech. It makes me wonder if I should just skip my two week appt. and wait for my surgeon to get back.

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble going back to work! Yes, since you have such a physical job, you should probably stay home and let your body heal. Better safe than sorry.

Take care, and will talk with you soon.

Katy

Amy,

That is nice that you actually get to see your surgeon for your two week visit. I was told that my surgeon would be on vacation this month, so I would be seeing a tech. It makes me wonder if I should just skip my two week appt. and wait for my surgeon to get back.

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble going back to work! Yes, since you have such a physical job, you should probably stay home and let your body heal. Better safe than sorry.

Take care, and will talk with you soon.

Katy

Katy,

I would still go to your doctor's appt and see the tech, just to make sure everything is healing properly. You can always go back and see your surgeon in a few weeks.

I have severe bruising around my belly button area. It's very tender too. Did you experience this? Or has anyone else have?

Thanks!

Amy

Katy,

I would still go to your doctor's appt and see the tech, just to make sure everything is healing properly. You can always go back and see your surgeon in a few weeks.

I have severe bruising around my belly button area. It's very tender too. Did you experience this? Or has anyone else have?

Thanks!

Amy

Amy,

No, I have not had any bruising around my belly button area. The only place I had bruising was around my port area, and it is pretty much gone.

Katy

Amy,

No, I have not had any bruising around my belly button area. The only place I had bruising was around my port area, and it is pretty much gone.

Katy

I had slight bruising around the other incision sites right after surgery but they disappeared within days. The bruising in and around my belly button appeared today (well, I noticed it today) and is quite colorful. It is tender to the touch. The port area is still sore too. I'm thinking this is from working on Thursday. I'm going to email my surgeon.

Thanks!

Amy