Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

CoCo, I'd ask Dr. Who as it may be Band related indigestion. Enjoy tomorrow off! My son leaves at 6am on Tuesday morning and I'm back to work. I'll work from home the first week, then back to the office. You have a lot of fun tomorrow!!

Lee – Wouldn’t think acid reflux would have to do with a hernia but hey I’m a computer geek… Glad you’re doing well!

Nicolie – The Protonix works great for indigestion so you could ask Doc Who for some. I agree with Lee and would bring it to his attention as it’s a concern with your new pouch…

Had my cream of chicken Soup for dinner. For tomorrow's delite I'll try cream of rice.

John you got jokes huh? sure are talking big stuff....LOL I guess you had enough of our, ummm TOM and men. Well bring it on we can handle it :redface:

So we went to the crab feed last night it was a lot of fun. luckily for me the garlic bread wasn't tasty and the salad was too tangy so it was all crab for me. woo hoo

Got my body magic stuff today. Hey Mo I got the T shirt and really like it.

ok just wanted to check in, gotta go do the dishes.

ttyl

Hi all,

I'm glad to see all are well.

John-You deserve to give us an ear full. We can handle it...That's some funny stuff!!! LOL... Keep it coming.

Jes-I'm glad you bought the tank. I love it too. It supposed to be lightweight. In comparison to the $150. original BM. But it's restrictive enough for me. I try to wear it 3-4 times per week. I would wear it everyday but I notice it making these marks on my shoulders and I want to be able to wear tank tops in the summer with the ugly lines. I am wearing mine tomorrow to help restrict my eating.

COCO: I had GERD and terrible reflux before surgery. None since. A couple days of reflux when the band was to tight but honestly the band totally cured my GERD and I had it really, really bad pre band.

John you fit right in now I don't feel so bad about all my TMI posts. LOL.

Did well today until I had ice cream with MIchaela. Ah geez gotta start over and I was having such a great day before that...............

Howdy. We got up and went for a walk first thing in the morning. I'm guessing we did about 2 miles and finished just as the rain started to fall. Talk about good timing! Tomorrow is Day 3 with my trainer. It's about time, I haven't been sore in two days! I hope the scale finally starts to move in the right direction. I think I need to throw mine out and get a new one. I just don't trust that sucker any more.

Hope everyone has a great week with good choices. (Me included!) I've been making some sub-par choices in the food dept. Why is it so much harder to get back on track than it was to get on the track in the first place? After orientation the 1200 cal was hard, but I was super motivated. Now, I'm having trouble resisting temptation. What is that about? I think I need to start doing other things, like crochet a few rows when I want to eat something between meals. And why is it so hard to stay on track in Feb? With V-day, his b-day and my b-day I have all sorts of excuses. Ugh.

Did I mention that I really want my band already?

I hear ya Heather and if anyone should have a band it is you..........I don't agree with making you wait so long. So many other people have already gone and got the band with alot less lost.........

Just don't give up............cause if anyone deserves a band it is you and I know your gonna make it!!

Still don't get why you have to lose so much. You need to talk to Dr. Fischer and find out if that can change. Maybe, maybe, maybe...........

Rock the fitness challenge...................

Good Morning!

I got a good sleep. 11pm to 6:30am without waking up to take meds or use the restroom. I slept on a ton of down pillows. I never had reflux before surgery so this is a big freak out. This morning temp is 99 which is elevated for me because I run 97.6 usually. The back of my throat feels scalded and my back hurts a little on my right side when I breathe. I may email the doc. Don't know if a sore throat six days post op is normal or if this is part of the illness that had me on antibiotics right before surgery. GRRRRR

I walked on the treadmill yesterday. Just 2 miles an hour at a 2 incline for 15 minutes with a 5 minute 1.5 warmup. I felt good about that.

Last night dinner was 2 T Tomato Soup and 1T Protein pudding. I was really full after that. I got in 50 oz of fluids and was proud of myself. I can down a 16 oz herbal tea pretty easily.

I wish Zach would wake up so that I could go in the bathroom in the bedroom suite where he's sleeping. That's generally my room and I want to weigh myself!

John, how much down are you?

Tina, you keep sounding good. I'm really happy that your spirits seems happier in the last couple of weeks.

Heather, that trainer is gonna kick you bootie! Hey, maybe you've waited this long for your band because you're really supposed to be a Sleeve Sister to me and John. *ducking and running while waving hello to everyone!*

I've been making some sub-par choices in the food dept. Why is it so much harder to get back on track than it was to get on the track in the first place?

SOOOOO hear you Heather! I have been COMPLETELY off track since my last appointment, which was in mid-December. I could blame it on the boyfriend but that's not fair; I'm the one whose ass isn't getting out of bed in the morning. I did make him take all of his snackies out of my house! And he's done griping when my alarm goes off at 4:30 for the gym.

The bad new is that I've gained weight back. The good news is that it's only been 3 lbs. since that last appointment, and since I'm TOTALLY carb-loading right now that 3 should come back off easily. I've gained 8 since my lowest, though :-( although that may well have been dehydration.

Tomorrow is my one-year bandiversary!! While I had really hoped to be at my weight goal one year out, I'm chosing to focus on my OTHER goals that I have achieved 1 year out: size (10); fitness; energy; activities; my love life!!! I feel SO GOOD. The lap-band is the best thing that I have ever done, hands down. I used to say that my kids were, but do you know what? I wasn't enjoying them for the years I was heavy even half as much as I enjoy them now. I feel so good about myself - physically AND mentally - that my whole outlook on life is sunnier. No yelling, a lot less frustration, much more faith in myself. I can handle anything! And folks, this is coming from a seasonal depressive - two years ago I would have been home in bed, unable to muster the energy to go to work. 1 year ago this morning I was down 41 lbs and drinking my MOM!!! And today - I'm logging on to say that IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT GETTING THE BAND, GET RID OF THEM! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!

I miss you all! Congrats to all of the new bandsters!! I hope we have a Petaluma or a Vallejo walk coming up soon :-) Love and best wishes to all :frown: C U @ Facebook!!

Lee - I'll weigh myself again on Wednesday. So far down 5 lbs. I don't like to weigh myself every day, I'd prefer two to three times a week. If I don't see progress I could get discouraged so weighing myself a couple times a week works better for me. Glad you are doing well. I feel great. A little hungry so I’ll go make some cream of rice for today’s meals.

Great day everyone!

Riley,

Happy Band Surgiversary!!!

Riley,

You are an inpiration to us newbies....your struggles are real and you seem to have your priorities in good order. Losing weight can't be the only focus on this new life....confidence, love, and overall happiness is important too. Keep up the awesome job and you will refocus and get to goal.

Congratulations Riley on a very inspiring year!!

Happy Bandiversay Riley!!

Glad to hear all is going well with you. I hear you on not making this process the total focus - we went through this so food and weight loss wouldn't be our main focus every day. I only wish I was as successful as you have been, but as we know, we are all different and lose at different rates and our bands are individuals too - they each have a mind of their own :frown:

I have a crazy week ahead of me - I am in the office today, but will be offsite in a project management training class the next three days - and back in the office on Friday (if I don't take it off). I have relatives coming in from Illinois on Wed and kids' school stuff in the evenings too - the worst week for me to be getting out of class at 4:30 pm (I normally leave work at 2:15). Don't know where I am going to fit the gym in, but I will try.

Have a great day everyone with good choices.