Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't had any leg cramps yet.....but my husband gets leg cramps from time to time. Can you take motrin or aleve? I know we're not supposed to take it after being banded....just tylenol. Hope it goes away quickly!!

Thanks for the info. I orderd my Optifast today to get me through to surgery. I'm a little worried that I may have a lactose problem with it but we'll see. I ordered some of the chicken Soup as well. I'm thinking maybe if i do that in between maybe it will break it down a little and it won't be to bad.

Okay, here's another question. Did you tell people you were doing this or did you keep it to just a few?

I still have not decided who I want to know. At this point I haven't told my kids (they are grown) yet.

T

Hi, My name is Leah and I am having my surgery 3/17 with Dr. Kim, also. I could not tolerate the Optifast drinks, so I tried several othe Protein drinks from Whole Foods and they also gave me problems. I talked with Kristen at TLC and she suggested I try the Isopure mix at GNC. I tried the clear bottled drinks and the were fine, except they do not fill you up like the mixes do. I'm going to try the mix tomorrow to see how it does. You might give this a try if the optifast doesn't work.:thumbup: they have buy one, get one half off until the 10th.

Thanks for the information Leah. I had heard about the Isopure. I also heard about unjury and I just orderd a set of the samples to try. It's not a lactose intolerance. I seem to be doing okay with it but then I'm also mixing the chicken Soup and the shakes so that probably helps. I don't have a bad intolerance anyway.

I was also feeling a little shaky earlier, but that seems to have passed. Maybe it was because of the pain from the cramps. I took some leg cramp medicine (otc) and it seems to be working now. Earlier I couldn't even stand straight it hurt so much to try to walk.

T

You'll have to keep us posted.

TexasT Yes they spray something on you before they put the needle in. I did not feel anything when they put in the saline. Yes I ride a Harley, Custom Road King (Blue). My husband and I both used to ride alot. My husband is having some health issues and we have not been riding much. Hope we will be able to get more riding in this summer.

Dianne TX

TexasT I sure hope your leg cramps are going away. When I started the Optifast my big problem was given up the diet coke. I used to drink about 6 a day. When I stopped I would really get a bad head ache. It took about 2 weeks to get the caffeine out of my system. But it's been 2 months and I have not had a diet coke.

Dianne TX

Road King,

Sorry to hear about your DH. Sure hope it isn't anything to serious. So you will be a hot motorcycle mama soon. Are you going to buy some new sexy leathers? How long have you been riding?

Fortunately for me I quit the diet coke last year. I do still have one on occassions, but that was one thing I had decided I should try to change to get healthier so I gradually decreased my "dosage" so I wouldn't have the withdrawls. I actually can't remember the last one I had.

T

Oh and by the way, the leg cramps finally subsided in the wee hours and I got through Sunday okay. My legs were just really sore like I had been really working out or something. I could feel one muscle that keep trying to tighten up on me all day and I would rub it a few minutes and it would straighten out. I didn't have any problems Monday other than just being sore.

Boy I don't want to do that again.

T

TexasT So glad to hear your doing better witht the leg cramps. I have been riding for about 10 years. I love it. Do to my husbands illness we have not been able to ride since last June. We used to take long trips with our friends and go all over the USA. Sure do miss it. Still have our bikes, we keep thinking maybe he will get better and we can ride again.

About my fill. I have felt some restriction. But sure wish I had more. I am going to give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. About the only thing that gives me a big problem is bread and rice. I have not tried any Red meat. Been staying with chicken and fish.

I really need to get going on walking. With this weather getting better I want to start walking on my lunch hour. I keep telling myself I will walk when I get home, but that never seems to happen. Just to much to do when I get home.

Dianne

I know about always feeling there is too much to do when you get home.

I have a question for all of you. Before surgery when you talked to the surgeon how much weight did he/she suggest you loose per year?

T

Hi T~

glad to hear that your leg cramps are better. that is an awful thing to go through.

well....I started at 229 (BMI 37) and for my height of 5'6", I think the range was 120-146lbs. So the dietician helped me set my weight goal at 130. Dr. Kim thought it was a great goal and that I should be able to reach it in one year......that would be a 99lb loss. I'm down 32 ....

not sure if that answers your question but to lose 100 lbs was not something they discouraged me from trying to reach.

With me being older, Dr Kim told me 145 goal would be a good one for me. I know I am not going to loose this weight if I do not start walking. I keep talking about it, but I guess I need someone to kick me in the ____. I do think I am not going to get the restriction I need with this first fill. I can tell, I'm eating less but I think I am still eating to much. Tweenwaters you are doing great.

32 that's fantastic.

The dietician and I also came to a 140 amount, but Dr. Kim said 40 lbs a year would be good. Not that I won't take it, but I was hoping for a little faster than that. I was looking more like 40 by November. That may just be vanity though because my son is getting married. I guess anything between now and then will be better than what I have on now.

This time next week I will be getting ready to go for surgery. This has been the longest two weeks!

Any tips on what to have on hand or carry with me?

T

1-2 lbs a week is the average loss.....so that varies quite a bit in a years time. (52lbs or 104 lbs).....so just go with how you are feeling and stay aware of what and how much you are able to eat, then get fills accordingly.

I met with the doctor & dietician yesterday for a 2 week follow up to my first fill. They just wanted to see how my restriction was working for me and if I'd had any problems so far with any particular foods. I was down 6 lbs in 2 weeks...since my fill. Looking forward to my next fill!!! I really want to hit my birthday goal!

Dianne~ how are you feeling with your fill restriction? Hope you are doing well.

TexasT~ you will soon be in bandland with us and helping the next TLC folks to follow!! Hope your pre-op is going well and you are seeing the scales more during this phase as well. Hang in there!!

Hidy, Hidy, Everybody

Apparently I am the newest inductee into "bandster hell"

I have had my band a month and I can AND want to eat any and everything. I am scheduled for 1st fill on 4-3-08 and I am plenty ready. I sure do appreciate all that has been posted. There are a few people on here that are 2 weeks to a month ahead of me and your postings really help a lot.

To those behind me: Keep checking in for support, and

To those ahead of me: PLEASE PLEASE keep telling me what I have coming up next.

Thanx

db

Tweenwaters, Did you go back to LTC to meet with the doctor. My first fill has not given me the restriction I was hoping for. Maybe I will get there with my next fill. The weight is coming off very slow. You are doing much better than I. I have started to walk this past week, so I hope that will help me. I know my King Charles "Wish Bone" really likes the walks. He is almost 8 months old. I still have not tried to eat Red meat. Trying to stay with chicken and fish. I did try sweet corn the other day, and I do not think I will be trying again for sometime. Rice is another NO NO for me.

TexasT Just make sure for the first couple of days after the surgery, take the pain meds and keep GasX strips close by. They really helped me. Also I used the heating pad.

keep in tough everyone

Dianne