Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really like Dr. Gonzales. He did a good job and I've not had any problems. My incisions are healing well and some might not even scar (hopefully).

I strongly recommend him for anyone still deciding what surgeon to go to.

Merry Christmas to all the TLC Edge band family!!

I've been holding steady but the weight loss is not happening right now. I think these last 30 lbs will take me a long time to lose....but I will NOT give up until I reach goal! Working outside of the home for the first time since my kids were born has been a new challenge with eating enough and drinking enough Water....which is why I think my losses have slowed. Gotta keep the metabolism going!

Anyway...just wanted to stop by and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy 2009!!

Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season....God Bless.

Hi all,

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am not able to load this website on my home computer for some reason, so I log on while at work when I get the chance.

I will be working Christmas Eve and Christmas day which will be the biggest challenge for me. I work on a pediatric unit and the families and docs always bring lots of goodies for the staff.

My fellow co-workers keep telling me to indulge and start being good January 1st. The temptations are there, just thank goodness even being bad has its limits too with the band. I know if I am bad too much I can cause harm to myself or my band, so I don't even try. I just find myself drinking more liquids to stay full and if I decide to give in, I just take a bite of something and that does it.

Sorry to ramble on.......anyway, best wishes to all of you.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Hey all,

I am new to this site! wanted to say hi and ask a few questions. All of ya'll are so supportive and encouraging, thats GREAT! I am going for my initial consult on Dec 30th and am sooo ready for this process to begin! I am also a self pay as many of you are. Also I have been talking with Cynthia, she has been great! I was giving a list of doctors from her and wanted any input ya'll might have on them (if you've had them or heard of anybody that has). Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan, Dr. Richard Carter, Dr. Daryl Stewart, Dr. Manuel Castro, Dr. Frank Veninga, and Dr. Victor Gonzalez. hope to hear from any of you!:thumbup:

ANDIE

Hey all,

I am new to this site! wanted to say hi and ask a few questions. All of ya'll are so supportive and encouraging, thats GREAT! I am going for my initial consult on Dec 30th and am sooo ready for this process to begin! I am also a self pay as many of you are. Also I have been talking with Cynthia, she has been great! I was giving a list of doctors from her and wanted any input ya'll might have on them (if you've had them or heard of anybody that has). Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan, Dr. Richard Carter, Dr. Daryl Stewart, Dr. Manuel Castro, Dr. Frank Veninga, and Dr. Victor Gonzalez. hope to hear from any of you!:thumbup:

ANDIE

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I used Dr. Victor Gonzalez and absolutely loved him. He made me feel comfortable with my decision to be banded and with him, as my surgeon. He answered all my questions and then some.

I wish you all the best and can't wait to read your success stories.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

I'm getting close...I have had a great experience at TLC Edge so far. Everyone has been so nice. I'm hoping Liz calls me soon with approval from my insurance. :(

Wow I am really happy to have found this thread. I have been wanting to hear from "real" people on their experiences with TLC Edge.

I already went to my initial seminar with them but I have been researching Lap Band for over two years.

I will be doing a self pay because my husbands employer put a specific restriction on weight loss surgery. It took me awhile to decide to spend that amount of money on myself. For me it's a hard thing to come to grips with....$10k...On myself??? Ugh!!! Sometimes I feel selfish for even considering spending that much money. But it really boils down to getting this weight off and being a better example for my children.

I welcome and ask for any advice on which doctor to choose. I had my Q&A session at the Grapevine office and the ladies there were AWESOME! The three I met all had the procedure and were looking fabulous.

So now I just need to call and get this moving. But which doctor...help??? :blush:

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I visited with you guys. I passed my one-year anniversary, and I haven't been as successful as I had hoped. Since my last fill, it's been pretty rough. Cynthia said I needed a slight UNfill, but I'm so stubborn, and scared that if I do that, I'll be able to eat anything again, and gain the weight back.

Well, I've gained about 3 lbs in the past few weeks, and I finally realized I've developed a habit called "eating around the band"... meaning I eat what is EASY to eat, which means, of course, all the BAD stuff. :smile: The question is, how do I start all over and change my eating habits again? I can't get anything down that I'm "supposed" to eat. It's hard to move beyond this frustrated hopeless feeling that I've got right now. I *KNOW* all the right things to do- exercise, eat right- but actually becoming motivated again to DO them is another story. I'm not really asking for advice, just needing to vent my frustrations! But any words of encouragement would be appreciated! Has anyone else gone through this after a year of having their band???

What is the preop diet for tlc edge and what are the preop medical tests needed and do they provide any of this, if yes how much, if no where can i do it?

hey koinoi, I was banded 11-21-08 by dr castro. I also went through TLC edge. For my pre op diet I had to do 10 days of Optifast liquid diet. For the pre op test, tlc edge will set it all up, go to to the dr and they do blood work up and ekg. then you have to get a psychological statement. you can get this from a licesed counsler. for thier $9,990 this includes EVERYTHING except optifast ($300) and psych eval. You can shop around for prices for that. I paid $125 for mine in Kaufman.

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to let you know my book it out! This is Cynthia O'Kelly. I work for TLCEdge! The name is "Lost and Found: A Guide To The Lap-Band Journey". it is available from me or Amazon .com.

I am so excited about this! It answers most if not all of your questions! We spent 3 years doing this just to try to get all the info we could. Check it out!

Cynthia

Hello fellow Texans, I had my consult today with TLC Edge, met Cynthia. Love her! I think I have decided to go with Dr. Castro. I am very thankful to all of you that have posted about your experience with TLC. I hope that I have as much success as all of you have :w00t:

Deanna

I too love TLC and everyone there! I also bought Cynthias book and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I chose Dr. Castro and my surgery is scheduled for March 27th! I start my preop diet tomorrow, only two weeks to go! :thumbup:

Where has everyone gone?.....I hope we are all out enjoying life and doing accomplishing new goals, but I would love to hear from you guys again soon. Miss ya all.

Stephanie