Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone eat cereal?

Cereal has way too many carbs for me!

I tried my sugar free hot oatmeal, but I've only had it once. It is a waste in my opinion. TOO MANY CARBS!

I'm 9 weeks post op.

I can but haven't done so in many months. Just too much carbs despite it being Protein Special K.

I just wondered. My nut says between 30-40g carbs. The cereal is 39. Haven't tried it but have craved cereal, something other than a boiled egg or Protein shake.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ive put the special K Protein in my yogurt...otherwise cereal is a waste of time and precious tummy space. I will have a handful of regular cheerios if I need something sort of sweet. Other than that, stay away from the stuff. Too many carbs as everyone else has said.

Linda

www.fatontheinsideblog.wordpress.com

You might want to check on here. Bariatric Pal, Diet Direct, they sell cereal. I have the Honey Nut Os and love them. Pre sleeve I'd eat, each little bag is like 15 g Protein and around 9 carbs. If you really want cereal it's worth it. I don't normally eat it, not cuz I don't want to but know the dangers of a box ...all carbs and sugar.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

I don't routinely eat cereal, but will occasionally have Weetabix or steel cut oatmeal. I'll pair it with some Fair Life milk (higher in protein) and raspberries.

"You might want to check on here. Bariatric Pal, Diet Direct, they sell cereal. I have the Honey Nut Os and love them. Pre sleeve I'd eat, each little bag is like 15 g Protein and around 9 carbs. If you really want cereal it's worth it. I don't normally eat it, not cuz I don't want to but know the dangers of a box ...all carbs and sugar."

I agree with the above advice completely. First, I think you should ignore cravings for carbs. Studies have shown the less of the processed bread products you eat the less you want them. Try to give into them as rarely as possible and the cravings will occur less and less frequently.

If you absolutely MUST have cereal then a low carb, high Protein version is best even if expensive. In fact all the better that way you don't buy a bunch and build it into your diet. Buy one at a time and use them as sparingly as possible. Using all 39 of your 40 carbs in one moment is not a good idea.

With a surgery date of November 2016, I doubt your surgeon would want you to bother with them just yet. Once you are a little further out, then you can start to introduce complex carbs or some more simple natural carbs. Dried apricots, prunes, figs, oats, bran buds, shredded wheat... all of these were blessed by my surgeon.

I have a low opinion of NUT's, so I would say get it cleared with your surgeon before introducing any of these.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches