Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting surgery at the end of September. I have to do the 2 week liquid diet. I wanted to start doing a liquid diet once a week, then 2 or 3 Times a week and progressively work up to the two weeks so it's not completely overwhelming when I have to do all liquids.

Can anyone give me an idea off what their liquid diet looks like on a daily basis? What are you drinking?

Are these drinks ok - v8, light and fit Protein smoothies, creamy Soups? Also what about fruit juices and if so what kind are you using ?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

My liquid diet was very specific. The intent was to shrink my fatty liver so that the surgeon would have more room to perform the sleeve. I was only allowed a Protein Shake w/ 20 grams of Protein 4 times a day (so protein was 80 grams daily) and Clear Liquids all sugar free. So I could have all the jell-o, Popsicles, or flavored water, but all sugar free. I was also allowed broth, but occasionally I had Soup made with stocks of fish, beef or chicken, but with everything stained out. I was really surprised how it wasn't as difficult as I feared. I thought I would be craving sugar, but I didn't. And honestly, I cannot say I ever was "starving" or felt hungry. The last two days before surgery I wasn't allowed any more Protein Shakes, just clear liquids and frankly, I was so bored with the diet, I preferred to just not eat. I was allowed no sugar added fruit juices when my sugar felt low the first few days of the diet.

On day 18 here of a 3 week liquid diet. My program is 4 shakes made with skim milk, almond or soy milk or 5 shakes made with Water plus a cup of unsalted broth a day, plus the typical free drinks. The goal amounts were as follows: Protein 60 to 80g, carb 50 to 80, calories 800 to 1000.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Sai187

Thanks guys. I start my liquid diet 9.22. 3 Protein drinks a day, Soup, Jello, etc my surgery is Oct 6th!!

Omg! I start my liquid diet on 09/19!!!! Thank you for posting this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My liquid diet was very specific. The intent was to shrink my fatty liver so that the surgeon would have more room to perform the sleeve. I was only allowed a Protein shake w/ 20 grams of Protein 4 times a day (so protein was 80 grams daily) and clear liquids all sugar free. So I could have all the jell-o, Popsicles, or flavored Water, but all sugar free. I was also allowed broth, but occasionally I had Soup made with stocks of fish, beef or chicken, but with everything stained out. I was really surprised how it wasn't as difficult as I feared. I thought I would be craving sugar, but I didn't. And honestly, I cannot say I ever was "starving" or felt hungry. The last two days before surgery I wasn't allowed any more protein shakes, just clear liquids and frankly, I was so bored with the diet, I preferred to just not eat. I was allowed no sugar added fruit juices when my sugar felt low the first few days of the diet.

Now, your pre op diet sounds like my 3wk full liquid diet after sugery. The pre op diet for 1r days for my dr is only Water and 2 Protein Shakes a day, thats it. No broth, popcycles, none of that. Thats afterwards. I start on the 20th and on the 2nd of oct, i do the bowel prep with magnesium at 2pm. Nothing else after it. So this is very strict, i just hope i can get through the entire 14days

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I just finished day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet. I have 3 of the high Protein slimfast shakes, a V8 fusion fruit/veggie blend, SF Jello and popsicles. My nutritionist says broths and even pureed Soups are ok. Haven't tried that yet, but nice to have the option. I'm supposed to have over 70g Protein and under 70g carbs and 25g fat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I am so excited! I finally got my sur get date and it is also October 6th! I start my 3 week liquid diet September 15th.

dccarite, where are you having your surgery? I am having mine at Baylor Trophy Club.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm suppose to do

20 Oz Water

Protein shake

20 Oz Water

Protein Shake

20 Oz water

Protein Shake

20 Oz water

I can add in sf Jello, broth and crystal light

I'm going to be running to the bathroom all day long. I start mine on the 19th. Surgery Oct. 3rd.

Proud Nana of a very handsome grandbaby

I'm suppose to do

20 Oz Water

Protein shake

20 Oz Water

Protein Shake

20 Oz water

Protein Shake

20 Oz water

I can add in sf Jello, broth and crystal light

I'm going to be running to the bathroom all day long. I start mine on the 19th. Surgery Oct. 3rd.

We have the same surgery date. Can't wait!!!

I am so excited! I finally got my sur get date and it is also October 6th! I start my 3 week liquid diet September 15th.

dccarite, where are you having your surgery? I am having mine at Baylor Trophy Club.

I am in Pennsylvania. So I'll be having mine at Wilkes Barre General hospital. I have a 2 week liquid diet I start Sept 22nd. How has your first day gone studio far

I'm in PA also having mine at Abington on the 27th. Starting 1 week liquid diet on Sunday. 4 Protein shakes a day, at least 64 ounces of Water per day, clear broths. sugar free Jello up until 3 days prior to surgery then Protein Shakes only and Water.< /p>

Anyone else have issues with how expensive those shakes are. He wants me to get the EAS advant edge carb control. 3shakes a day at 6 bux a 4 pack. X 2 weeks. Holy moly! I bought 4 4 packs that will get me through 5 days. Then I'll figure something out. Don't take me wrong, I have a 2 whole huge jugs of premier powder that I can use after surgery. But for the preop he only wants me to use that EAS rtd stuff.

Edited by DJ's Nana