Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

any colorado bandsters?

Views
Started by moinGJ, Nov 30, 2004 11:21 AM
14 replies to this topic
14 replies to this topic

moinGJ

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted November 30, 2004 - 11:21 AM

Hellooooo out there!

If there are any Colorado banded people out there that have had surgery with Dr. johnell or any other doctor in Colorado, would love to hear from you.

I am 2 months post op and going in today for my second fill, it has been interesting to say the least. I am down 25 lbs, and am feeling pretty darn good! walking almost every morning and joined curves a month ago..... I am not so good with going there 3 day's a week like I said i was going to!

I would like to see more people from colorado post on here, hope to hear from you soon!

Maurine

La_madam

Posted November 30, 2004 - 1:38 PM

Hi Maurine

There is a woman on this board from Denver

Here names is Karen_Weg..if you look her up under the members you can send her an email or a message. She is a very nice woman. I met her in Dr. Ortiz's office 2 weeks ago.

Mita

Posted December 2, 2004 - 2:42 PM

Hi Maurine and Welcome.
I had my Surgery on July 16th 2004 here in Greeley with Dr. Johnell and so far I am doing Great down 53lbs so far I do have my ups and downs but I am chugging along. I too joined Curves about a month and a half ago and just cannot get there 3 days a week but I do at least try for 2 I have yet to see that this week but there is hope one more day left. Are you going to the Christmas Party they are having Tuesday the 7th. I am taking my mother since my Husband gets home to late and will be tired. Hope to see you there.

moinGJ

Posted December 3, 2004 - 3:26 PM

Hi Mary :D

WOW! 53 lbs! how exciting!

I won't be going to the Christmas party due to the fact that I live in Grand Junction (5hrs away) and I am at the point of making the the trip to Greeley every two weeks right now. I will be there on the 15th for my 3rd fill. I have lost 25 lbs so far and am real happy with Dr. johnell and his staff. Steve has had a little trouble giving me my fill lol but Paula comes in and takes over :D
I am feeling my 2nd fill alot better than the 1st..... I was begining to think I was failing at this! but now I am feeling a bit better control of myself and not thinking about food all day.

Do you know others that have had their surgery with Dr. Johnell? and have you gone to any support groups? I know of two people hopeful1 (denise) and she is going to get onto my instant messaging so we can begin a small support group, if your interested let me know so we can set up times to all chat at once and discuss our weight loss journey.

Happy to meet you!
Maurine
starting weight Oct 4th 265
weight Oct 12/ 252
weight Nov 18/ 244
weight Dec 1/ 241

Mita

Posted December 3, 2004 - 4:05 PM

Wow you sure are doing great with your loss. Grand Junction sure is far I belive there are others from your area or if not close by. I have heard thru the support group Leaders that they were going to do some kind of Satalite support not sure when. There are quite a few of us Banders and RYN'S in Colo and not everyone can get here to Greeley without making a long road trip. I go to the support meeting once every month and sometimes if I have time I will drop in on the nites it's the Bypass I figure we are all trying to make the same goal with our loss. They are all a pretty great group and there is a web site for Dr. Johnells patience other than his web site it is under ColoradoWLS. How much do you have now? I had to have a little taken out seems I got some mucus from my sinus infection going down and wala to tight now I am at 1.1cc's and so far so good I go back the last week before the new year not sure what my insurance is going to do for next year they say LapBand is not going to be covered very glad I did it before then. I have never tried the chat do not know how it works but I will check into it let me know. Well back to work for me
Take care and Welcome again

live2canoe

The Turtle Won!!

Posted December 9, 2004 - 3:15 PM

I am a Colorado Bandster. I live in Littleton - just south of Denver. I had my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Kuri and am getting my fills from Dr. Johnelle. His offive is 2 1/2 hours away for me, so I won't be going to any parties or support groups, either! His staff seems great. Paula had no problem hitting my port on the first try. I haven't met Steve yet.

Mita

Posted December 9, 2004 - 4:19 PM

Hi kim
Welcome how are you feeling? Hopefully you well have some restriction here in the immeditate future. They usually say you know for sure by 2 weeks have you talked with Paula yet? She is real good at doing my fills has never missed so far and is usually so fast I do not have time to worry about the needle I have met Steve but I really prefer Paula I am justso use to her.
I did go to the Party for a bit Tuesday night it was quite nice but I had to leave early since it is a work night. All the staff was there and Dr. J as well as the rest of the staff. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Well back to work for me

moinGJ

Posted December 9, 2004 - 6:08 PM

I am curious( this is for anyone who wants to answer lol)....After your 1st fill how long did the restriction last? and then your 2nd fill? For me the 1st lasted about 3 days then I could eat pretty well again the 2nd fill lasted real well for about 5 day's then it's a hit and miss restriction. I am hoping that soon it will feel a constant restriction and I will not be so hungry. I suppose some of it is head hunger, but man some days I want to eat everything I can lay my hands on!

I am looking forward to the 15th fill and maybe controlling myself some during Christmas :D

Maurine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics