Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Helllllooooo everyone. Wow where has everybody gone?? How is everyone doing??? Dave and I are doing great. I have lost 75 lbs, Dave has lost 102 lbs. I will be at my one year anniversary in just two weeks. We have a check up with Dr. Fowler on 8/22/08. Anyone else going to be there. Good for you Miriam, have you gotten into the 12's yet, I am in some but not others but it is so close. Good Luck

Our flight leaves mid afternoon, but if anyone wants to meet at the Mall, maybe we could change our flights. Any takers?? let me know ASAP

Thanks for writing. Its been a while ya? No, not in the 12s yet. In fact i jumped up a lil bit because i was too tight and have been snacking at night. I'm still in 14s but i put on a inch back on my hips and gained 4 lbs. So i havent been doing very well. I did start back working out but have been to regular this particular week. I have one proud thing though, i now have custody of all my kids, my additional six, and of course my 3. Running around with the courts and their sports this week, has taking me off my scheudle a bit, but i know it will be better next week.. Hang in there, can't meet this week, i have to be at a two day conference and oh ya, there is free buffet food, yikes...

Miriam.. congrats to you and dave.. hats off to you..

Hey Hawaii ladies, BIG news, Dave and I are moving to South Dakota, on the 18th of Sept. We will miss you guys, I have an appt with Dr. Fowler on the 12th for an adjustment for my fill so hopefully I will be all good before we move away from Hawaii. Thanks for all the friendship ladies, and we can keep in touch on this site. We Love You. Keep up the good work.

Hello my name is Cheryl and I am new to this website. Not sure how it works. I will be getting the lap band on Tuesday at Castle with Dr. Fowler and would love to chat with people going thru the same things as me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheryl:smile2:

Guess who logged in after forever =P

where is everyone and how r ya all doing?

i might be getting the band removed .. its just not working for me.. 2 surgries and slippages later here i am 20 lbs heavier then i was when i first got the band and and its because i cant eat so i snack all the time ..

im better off being able to eat .. just eat healthy i guess.. idk .. i was 230 im now 245 so no good news here =/

emial me lisa_hawaii yahoo

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry to hear you have had problems with the lap band. I put mine in almost 5 years ago. I lost about 80 lb. in 7 months. I've gained some back in the last few years, but otherwise I have no complications, no problems. If you want to talk, call me at work at 971-7199 during the week.

Aloha, Paula Aurio

Sorry to hear that Lisa, I had best of outcomes for you. We are doing well here in South Dakota, have gained some pounds though, but will try and work hard to lose them again. Hope all works well for you.

Im hoping we can work together on this let me tell you a little about my story --

LAP-BAND® 9/2005

02/06 - slip

03/06 - re band

throught the past 5 years I have STRUGGLED and the ONLY time i lost weight was when the bad was so tight I barely could drink Water. One day I would be able to eat yogurt, the next day it would get stuck -- it was this way constantly and Id never know what i coul or couldnt eat unless i tried - so in teh end I have a band with 1/2 fill so i can eat normally but it defeats the purpose of even having TWO surgeries because here I am weighig in 10lbs les then my 1st surgery and 10 more then my second....

Just went to the Dr. yesterday and he suggested I look into the bypass revision. He made it sound really good but he also didnt leave out the fact that because it is a revision - the risks are automatically higher for compications.

I sit here wondering if my body had this many compications with a simple band who will ti react to a bypass?

Maybe I will do great with bypass and i will finally see results Ive been striving to see forever

what is I am the 15% that thigs go drastically wrong

My job now covers this revision - if I waitr health care might change

I too dont know what to do!

Complications? What kind of complications? Like is its "dumbing" more often.. k I can handle that..

If its leakge... that can cause death.. IDK

I wish I could survey 100 ppl who had this themself!

Help for us both

What ever we decide , we r not alone!

sry for typos - at work tryign to do this fast w/out boss seeing XD

Lisa (yes im lisa as well)

Hi Lisa, how are things going??? wondered if you did the bypass surgery. Well let me tell what happened to me. about a year ago, I started to get reflux, the new md took out all the Fluid, and was better, but then the reflux came back. Then in Nov. Dr. Fowlers office called to do a checkup, and she suggested I get an UGI, I did, it showed a slipped band. I waited for 2 months to get an approval from my new insurance, then on March 25 I had my band removed and a new one put in, but he also found a hiatal hernia. Boy.... so now I am at square one. and have gained 20 some pounds since moving to South Dakota. so hopefully I will be back on track. Wish me luck.... I wanna hear whats going on with you.

Hello everybody!!! I'm new here so forgive me if I just jump into this. I am debating to get the LapBand done here in Hawaii. I have been trying to set up and appt. with Dr. Cirangle but I keep getting answering machines or directed to call several other phone numbers that again result in answering machines. Does anybody know of a bariatric surgeon on the Big Island? Mahalo to all.

Aloha Everyone...I am new to the forum. I have been thinking about LB surgery for a while. My husband just got a new job and we can pick between HMSA and Kaiser insurance. Does anyone have feedback as to which may be better to get the surgery with. The cost of the surgery is overwhelming to me. Thank you.