Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi does anyone have any regrets having a sleeve after having the band removed? I want to have the sleeve but I am so uncertain and still trying to research everything. My band had to be removed because of problems.

I have never had the band done but I defiantly do not regret having the sleeve done.

no regrets here. I wasn't revised either. love my sleeve!

Yes!!!!! I regret I didn't do it sooner!

I never had a lap-band.

As far as regrets about the VSG, as already stated, I regret not having this surgery performed a few years earlier.

I am glad to be rid of the band after suffering with it for over a decade. I would have removed even if I had not had the sleeve. Glad I had the sleeve though. Four weeks out today and not really hungry. I have been able to stick to my limited diet without issues and have lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks.

No regrets! Wish i would have done it sooner!!

The band is painful and does not give the same guarantee as the sleeve, at least for me! It is different for every person but I am merely reflecting on my experience. My band was very tight but I could still finish a big mac meal for example provided I ate slow enough. Eating was painful because it was tight and it would give me mad hiccups when I laughed. I am pretty sure that I cannot eat a big mac now and I no longer have to deal with having a foreign object in my body. I used to stay up some nights seriously worrying about the fact that it was inside my body. I am a very anxious person by nature and I get paranoid about everything so the band was not a good choice for me. I just wish I did the sleeve all those years ago.

Sleeve is way better than the band . I have lost 60 in 5 months with sleeve. I lost 50 with band and gained it all back. post-82539-14475551797611_thumb.jpg. At 265

post-82539-14475552189347_thumb.jpg. After 5 months at 204

I had the band for 10 years and didn't do too well. Sleeved for 4 years and maintaining 150# weight loss! No regrets, I am thankful I finally found the courage to try WLS again after my epic fail with the band.

I wanted to give an update on here about my personal experience with band to sleeve revision.

I have been absent from the site because I have been taken ill by a complication related to the revision surgery. First 2 weeks, I was fine. Not long after I started to develop serious stomach aches, especially at nights. My situation only became worse from then. I found myself very averse to eating food and I would have gagging and wretching spells during the day but mostly early morning and late night.

Obviously I became very concerned and went to see my surgeon. I had a gastography done which came back clear. I was treated for h.pylori and my symptoms did not get better. At a certain point I was so dehydrated and malnourished that I was given IV at the hospital. My bp was 80/60. So my doctor decided to do endoscopy. The endoscopy revealed as did the gastography that my sleeve was completely healed and in great condition. No ulcers, no stricture or stenosis, no leaks. The sleeve part of the surgery was a success

So what has been the cause of all my woes? It turns out as the endoscopy showed that I have GERD as a result of the gastric band removal. Somehow the band created a wider opening at the end of my esophagus causing acid to make its way up and down. Added to that it spasms and contracts causing my stomach upsets. I am now taking Nexium and Zofran to control these problems. According to my doctor, I should be back to normal in 3 months but all these problems are caused by the left overs of the band.

P.S. sorry if some of the details seem vague, my surgeon and surgery were done in the Middle East so a lot of the terminology I had to translate from Arabic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No regrets at all....I wish I had the sleeve earlier. The band was horrible....had to get readjustment all the time and constantly had food stuck. The sleeve is so much more "user friendly". I can eat pretty much anything I want, but of course in smaller portions of 6oz total meals! Losing approximately 8-10lbs/month....5 months out. Lost 85 total with band after 5 years! You do the math!!!!