Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buying smaller sizes pre-op

Has anyone started buying clothing in smaller sizes already? I know there is no way to know how long you will be in any particular size but I wonder if it's smart to start looking for sales/thrift finds now so it's not so much money spent all at once later?

Try not to guess what your body is going to be lke at different weights. The styles we have selected to wear at our heaviest had a different purpose than the ones you will wear as you shrink! I would not try to shop ahead because half of the fun of wearing smaller sizes is experimenting with things you would never otherwise try! The joy is in the fit!

I had a few outfits that were my "skinny" outfits- things that I knew I should be able to fit in because I had fit in them before. I didn't really buy new outfits until I was about a size too big for them, this way I was motivated to fit into them. Amusingly enough, I am now too small for a lot of the skinny outfits that I had picked out. I would say if you see something that is a great deal and you think it will motivate you, then go for it, but ultimately I found that guessing what might look good on me was not very successful until I was pretty close to the point the outfit would fit.

If I did get anything it would be wardrobe staple pieces that I could wear any time of the year since who knows what I will be come winter time. Not that Louisiana gets very cold.

No way, unless it was the exact same item as something I already had.

Once I get my surgery approval and date, I intend on starting to lightly shop sales- just tshirts, yoga pants, workout clothes. Things that aren't season specific, and that will have forgiving fit as my body shape changes. I am able to wear comfy clothes the majority of the time though. I am hoping to have surgery in the next 6 weeks or so.

I have cloths from a size 22 to 16 a 16 was 3 years ago and a 22 is my current size I'm only 1 week out I know I lost weight so when 16 gets big I'll shop more I'm glad I saved them

I have a couple smaller sizes I liked well that I've kept. I am a shop o holic too. Lol. Not too many, but plenty to start off with.

I have a few outfits that fitted well in 2013 when I lost up to 85llbs in the spare room wardrobe which will be okay as tansition outfits. Otherwise I am waiting for the January sales... whohoooo bring it on!!

Kate