Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So after a week out of work and the fact that I have a desk job Im hoping to go back to work next week.

I want to be prepared for my week and since I will be able to start having runny veg Soups and Protein Shakes etc this is what I have done:

I boiled different veggies and pureed them and portioned them off and froze them.

I intend to take one with me to work everyday and just heat some Water with maggi and dissolve the veg puree in it to make a Soup.

I bought the Naturals whey Protein powder from Dr Nutrition. So I got the vanilla and chocolate so I could have two scoops.

I put half of both powders in sandwich bags and one scoop plus a litre of nonfat milk, small bottle of manuka honey. I will also bring some fruits and veggies for the shakes to try diff. Mixtures.

I will buy a small toy blender I saw at the toy store that runs on batteries to take to work with me so I can blend my shakes.

Thats all I have thought of so far. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm going back on Monday as well. I just plan on drinking Protein shakes and bullion. And more than likely warm Water, since the office is always cold.

When do you think it is too soon to go back? I don't get to sit at work, and though I don't lift things, I'm on my feet for 8+ hours a day. Is a week/two weeks too soon?

I was off work the first 4 weeks because I do lift heavy boxes, I found myself totally drained just about every day. Although I walked as much as I thought I should while I was off, going back to work I was 1.5-2 miles a day! Going back tomorrow, sure hoping for some stamina. Any ideas on gaining strength??

So my first couple of days back to work were rough and I tired very easily. Of course I was still on clear liquid. Tomorrow I will move to phase two and am hoping I wont be as tired at work.

I would bring containers of tuna salad or chicken salad

So my first couple of days back to work were rough and I tired very easily. Of course I was still on clear liquid. Tomorrow I will move to phase two and am hoping I wont be as tired at work.

You only had a week off? And no phased return to work? I'm not surprised you are tired. I'm 2 weeks post Op and considering phased return at 3 or 4 weeks.

I have a desk job planning to take the first full week off, and then work from home the second week, and possibly part of the third. I am hoping I can pull that Off.

Got some left side pain yesterday at work. I think it's from sitting up all day on sore muscles. Otherwise doing fine. Needing to rest more at night.

Well the rest of the week went better since I could get some whey Protein shakes in and Im drinking ensure and creamy Soups. Today Im two weeks post-op and have lost 20 pounds!!

Next week will be easier. I actually chose to go back at a week - just didnt want to use up all of my sick leave.

I am going back Monday, which will be a week, and will be on fuller liquids. I was on full liquids pre-op, so I plan on doing pretty much the same things. Protein drink for Breakfast, some Soup for lunch, another Protein Drink for snack around 3 or 4. It worked pretty efficiantly pre-op.

I have a desk job and took a week. I was exhausted by end of day but I couldn't afford to take more time off than that. And it worked out well anyways.