Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last 30 pounds! Help!

I had my VSG surgery almost 2 years ago and I have not gotten rid of those last pesky 30 pounds, yet. I think I was so happy that I finally got to a normal weight again and I don't have to buy my clothes in the heffer department any more (LOL) that I haven't tried very hard to actually diet. I know what I need to do...I just haven't done it. I need motivation and tips. How much Protein, calories, carbs, etc... would you all suggest for those last few stubborn pounds? And any good protein recipes, too!!! I can eat anything, just need some good protein meals to cook that aren't high in carbs. Any and all suggestions welcome!!! Thanks, Y'all.

I'm still in trying to get to goal so I'm no expert, but at 8months I still basically eat Protein first and then a small amount of veggies as I have space left. I don't make any complicated meals. I eat chicken, eggs and salmon. I also drink fat free milk and sometimes small amounts of raw almonds. Every few days I eat a couple of strawberries and blueberries. ....yum! Best.

Right there with you -- I think I got a little complacent this winter. I'm counting on a spring reboot when I can really get exercising again properly. Can't advise on diet as we had different procedures -- for me it's a head game. I know what my bad habits are (evening grazing) and I need to want the last weight off badly enough to do what it takes. We can do it! And we know how good it will feel not to be carrying around at last sack of potatoes. Energy!

@@Lidreaux you are in the right place for guidance and motivation. back to basics, recording your foods, lean Protein first, what is your exercise routine like? you can do this!!! you log in myfitnesspal? add me (same username) and add others, you can see what they eat, it may give you some great meal ideas. I know it has helped me!!!

Have you maintained all but the 30 pounds the last couple of years? You should be very proud of yourself if so! I'm only 6 months out and looking to lose the last 30, but at the rate I'm going it may take 2 more years ;) Good luck to you!

I have maintained my weight for the last 2 years and I haven't even tried to diet. It's been very easy to maintain. I only drink plain Water, flavored water, lemon Water, coffee, unsweetened tea and I try to eat my Proteins first. I don't exercise because I have a lot of bone & joint problems (from an auto accident) and I recently had a vertebral fusion, so I am "Sedentary." :( I think my body has become adjusted to my new weight and doesn't want to let go of any more.

Maybe I'm not eating enough Protein throughout the day. I drink coffee in the A.M. and it whets my appetite so I don't eat till later in the day. I know...bad thing to do. I'm thinking I need to cut out the coffee and start eating Protein or a shake for Breakfast again. Thanks for all the positive vibes to help motivate me. It also helps to admit what my problem may be instead of keeping it to myself. And it's nice to have others to chat with that are going through the same things.

I started my fitness pal and lost 5 pounds in a week but then I got sick and I've been ill for about 6 weeks. Dieting is not fun when you are sick. I am starting to feel better so once the weather stops being so dreary, I will make a haul to the store and stock up on chicken, eggs, fish, & lean cuisine and get back to the basics, using my fitness pal. I will look you up Rovobay. Thanks for the input everyone!!!

When I did the band, I found that when I got off track, going back to square one always worked. Go back to your year one diet till you get it off and are more active for several months and then slowly add a few things like before. I bet it would take no time at all.

I'm only 7 months out but here's my 2cents worth.

I highly recommend that you track your eating and working out in MyFitnessPal, it helps to see what you're doing. I also just finished the 5 Day Pouch test and it helped show me exactly how much I can eat at a time and reset my brain a little bit. I was starting to eat more than I was use to and it freaked me out thinking that I had messed something up, just turns out I wasn't following the plan 100% properly. I'm about 27 lbs to goal myself.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com

I have maintained my weight for the last 2 years and I haven't even tried to diet. It's been very easy to maintain. I only drink plain Water, flavored water, lemon Water, coffee, unsweetened tea and I try to eat my Proteins first. I don't exercise because I have a lot of bone & joint problems (from an auto accident) and I recently had a vertebral fusion, so I am "Sedentary." :( I think my body has become adjusted to my new weight and doesn't want to let go of any more.

Maybe I'm not eating enough Protein throughout the day. I drink coffee in the A.M. and it whets my appetite so I don't eat till later in the day. I know...bad thing to do. I'm thinking I need to cut out the coffee and start eating Protein or a shake for Breakfast again. Thanks for all the positive vibes to help motivate me. It also helps to admit what my problem may be instead of keeping it to myself. And it's nice to have others to chat with that are going through the same things.

I started my fitness pal and lost 5 pounds in a week but then I got sick and I've been ill for about 6 weeks. Dieting is not fun when you are sick. I am starting to feel better so once the weather stops being so dreary, I will make a haul to the store and stock up on chicken, eggs, fish, & lean cuisine and get back to the basics, using my fitness pal. I will look you up Rovobay. Thanks for the input everyone!!!

So hope you're feeling better now and no longer sick. I plateaued the past couple months which also led to nibbles here and there of things i shouldn't eat, and like everyone else here knew i had to go back to tracking everything! Also I spoke to a nutritionist who works with body-builders about it, because i couldn't believe with 6x/week exercise and only 7-800 cal a day (~75 g protein) I wasn't losing weight. He said to count the carbs, and keep them under 30 at this calorie level. I know it's just me and only his advice, but as soon as i backed off the fruit and extra bits like sauces and such with more carbs, I started losing again, now 3 pounds in the past two weeks. (Yay!) I'm 27 lbs to goal, so in much the same boat - and before now I hadn't lost three pounds in two months~! SO not happy about that! Anyway, just a thought. I know lean cuisines taste good and are easy, but consider looking for some alternatives that don't have the carbs that all those frozen entree's seem to have. Good luck - hope you're on the downward scale slide soon!