Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have been suffering for years with plantar fasciatis for about 3 years. On one foot I now have a heel spur. I know this is not a co morbidity according to insurance but this is just awful for me. Anyone have those symptoms subside after surgery and lose weight?

Have been suffering for years with plantar fasciatis for about 3 years. On one foot I now have a heel spur. I know this is not a co morbidity according to insurance but this is just awful for me. Anyone have those symptoms subside after surgery and lose weight?

No there is nothing you can do unless you get them scrapped till they go away, or go to a professional podiitris, at least that's what my Pcp said about mine , I wasn't sure why this blister was hurting, hard & getting bigger, now I know it is plantar fasciitis or whatever it's called.

I had planters before my surgery. I lost about 20 pounds on the pre op diet and I noticed the pain wasn't as bad. I do see a foot dr and have had cortisone shots but only temporary fix. I suggest picking up arches for your shoes hard not gel. Never walk on your bare feet. I dished out on some arch support flip flops so I always have something with an arch.

I have suffered from plantar fachiatis for years. Only one foot, but very painful. I have every orthotic known to man. I wear a heel splint at night. Stretch my foot every morning. Wear orthaheel shoes, and put my foot in ice very night before I go to bed. Finally had a cortisone shot. That helped a bit, but I too am wondering if my weight loss might help alleviate the problem. I would give anything to be rid of the pain. It hinders everything I do. I have lost about 35 #s and still no relief, but I have about 50 more pounds to goal. Maybe it will get better as the weight comes off.

I have it too, so badly that I dread walking due to the pain. I really hope losing weight will help. How long does the injections help? I want to exercise but walking is just too painfull. Any other ideas? I was thinking about mini bicycle? My surgery is in four weeks and I need to lose 10kg before then. I am on Protein Shakes twice a day. Prayers please.

It's a steroid shot, helps me be pain free about 6-8 weeks some people never have pain again after the shot. My last shot was 6 weeks ago and I'm hoping the relieved pain was from loosing weight. My foot dr told me every pound lost relieves 20 pounds of pressure off of your feet and knees. During my pre op diet they instructed me to due Protein Shakes along with tuna in a can turkey breast or chicken and I lost 16 pounds in under 7 days. You will do great just keep on your path. I'm was banded on 8/14 and today I'm just starting to feel hunger. I bought every baby food under the sun for my soft food stage hoping it will curve cravings. You are going to do great and look great!

Oh and I almost forgot and your exercise issue. I found on Amazon these under the desk bicycle petals. They work great for cardio. I call it lazy person cardio.

It's a steroid shot, helps me be pain free about 6-8 weeks some people never have pain again after the shot. My last shot was 6 weeks ago and I'm hoping the relieved pain was from loosing weight. My foot dr told me every pound lost relieves 20 pounds of pressure off of your feet and knees. During my pre op diet they instructed me to due Protein Shakes along with tuna in a can turkey breast or chicken and I lost 16 pounds in under 7 days. You will do great just T I'm was banded on 8/14 and today I'm just starting to feel hunger. I bought every baby food under the sun for my soft food stage hoping it will curve cravings. You areha going to do great and look great! <br>

Oh and I almost forgot and your exercise issue. I found on Amazon these under the desk bicycle petals. They work great for cardio. I call it lazy person cardio.

Thanks LinsC, I might just see the dr. to get the steroid shot to help me exercise. Good luck with your journey. I cannot wait for the surgery.

Regularly changing out sneakers has helped me, and I have Sole inserts as well as custom orthotics and think the Sole brand, for me, is just as good or better. Sole also makes a cork-bed flip-flop and I wear those all the time -- never ever barefoot. That's helped tremendously and losing sixty pounds big difference! We have rockers to stand on to stretch out the plantar -- those are great. If your heel is worse from contact with the bed at night you can use a neck collar, one with Velcro, around that ankle to lift up the heel a bit and prevent contact. Repeat, never ever barefoot. This was hard for me but those flip flops with the arch support are heaven.

I had it prior to losing weight and haven't been bothered with it since. Idk if it was the weight loss but I'm sure alleviating that pressure off of your foot helps! I was carrying around 100 more pounds!

Weird that this subject came up as I was just diagnosed with this Plantar Facitis ( ?) just 2 weeks ago ! I thought I had just bruised my heel running ! You're right about this being painful, its not for sissys !!!! I cant tell you if it would change after your weight loss as ive lost most of my weight, and since I can't run at all for awhile and only walk short distances I ve put on about 4 lbs. Not alot but very frustrating. Also have had huge sweet attacks! Beside the stretching, ice and Dr. Scholls gel heel pads, the only thing that has helped is swimming. Good exercise, easy on the joints, and you can use one foot only if thats all you can put weight on. Hope you feel better soon !!!

PS - forgot to tell you this, try getting the Sketchers tennis shoes that have the built in full foot squishy gel pad. Amazing for the Plantar F., also my 3 pairs of Nike running shoes have the same thing , but the Nikes are very hard to get on, the Sketchers are easy. I also wear the gel pads in them for extra cush. Huge help !!!

I highly recommend this for planters. Also is great to use as your post op exercise!!!

Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 Elliptical Trainer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VICRO8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_eBm8tb130GBP0

I try to walk at least 10,000 steps each day at minimum. The cortisone shot helped and is still working somewhat. The pain is back but not as intense. I had the shot 3 months ago. If I walk 15,000+ steps in a day I back off the next day and ride my recumbent bike or elliptical instead. I agree.... Never ever ever walk barefoot!!! I have had to forgo the cute shoes as well. I order my tennis shoes from Foot Smart. The name of the shoe is Orthaheel.walker, model # 23Twalk. With all the money I have spent on orthotics, nothing has worked as well as these shoes.... For me anyway. I believe the secret is to ensure you have a deep and secure heel bed. If you look in the Foot Smart web site, they have an abundance of products for this ailment. I try to order new tennis shoes every 6 months because I know that with my weight I break down my shoes quickly and they lose the support that is needed to keep my heel from hurting.

I have discussed this issue with my foot doctor. If I can stay on course he thinks cortisone shots every 6 months may be enough to keep me mobile. If It becomes too painful to walk I will have no choice but to do foot surgery. I hear that is not often successful, so am praying my weight loss will keep me from having continued problems. I do know that you can not have cortisone shots more frequently then every 6 months.

Since I started wearing Birkinstick's, I no longer have any problems with pain in my feet.

The Sole brand shoes with arch support footbed are perfect for me but they only make a few styles of shoes and they are not very stylish. Still, those corkbed flip flops get a lot of action and I have the Sole inserts in my sneakers.

Another company mentioned by some one above, Orthoheel, also makes orthotic shoes -- they are now called Vionics. http://www.vionicshoes.com

They have stylish shoes with the same built in orthotic footbed. Eeek, I just went to the web site and now I want another pair. I bought some high heeled dress sandals mail order from Vionics and they are so chic and snazzy. We live in amazing times!