Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 4 days....scared to death!

Hi, my name is Diana. This is my first time on a forum. So please bear with me. Surgery is the 21st. I'm so excited but I'm so nervous!!!! I've followed many of you and seen your videos and blogs. You all have been such great encouragement. So any last do's or donts before or after my big day. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing this for my health so I can be the mom my son deserves and the wife my husband deserves. Right now I can't do either, let alone be the person I want to be. So as I said....info? Advice? And above all if you could say a little prayer for me that would be even more appreciated!! Thank you all in advance!!

After the surgery, it may be a little overwhelming. But don't give up. At the beginning the pounds will melt off quickly. I underwent the surgery primarily for health reasons too. Most of my health conditions went into remission within the first couple weeks after the operation. I don't know what type of health conditions you are dealing with but hopefully you will experience the same outcomes that I have experienced. I will pray for you.

I'm praying for you Diana. Stay positive and look forward to all the positive things that are going to be happening. My surgery is May 5 and I can't wait. I'm so ready to start a new chapter in my life. (((((Hug)))))))

Yes after surgery you will have a wk that your saying" what the hell did I do". My suggestion is you talk to others like us. I didn't panic because I had someone..but I have helped others and it can really freak you out. You will have lost your crutch..food..an addiction! And like any addiction there is panic.. there is a light in that tunnel and no matter how you feel mentally it will soon change. Good luck!

And BTW the surgery is not bad. Don't start weighting and getting upset, healing comes first.. then don't I mean DONT move forward on foods early!

Hugs. Message me any time. I'm 3 months post op.

Diana you will do great. I'm day 4 post op. I'm pretty bored right now so that's my challenge. I didn't think surgery was bad and recuperation is really what I expected. I've still got some gas pains that I working threw. I don't want to go outside becuz the pollen here in Maryland is terrible and I can't bare the thought of sneezing!!! I'm getting more Fluid than required but struggling with the Protein drinks.

This takes patience. You will do well. We will all be so happy with the decision we made.

Don't take a lot of stuff to the hospital. I only used my cell phone, hairbrush, tooth brush and underwear (I couldn't take laying in bed without some on). I didn't touch anything else. sleep when you can. Take pain meds when offered. Don't compare yourself to others. Get up and walk as soon as you can.

Frees how are you doing

Keep me posted!

Diana, welcome to your new beginning. Everything will be fine.

You sound like you deserve this for yourself and for your family. I'm really happy for you and hope to be in your foot steps soon. I will say a prayer for you. Can't wait to hear how you're doing afterward!

I'm so excited for you. It's 343EST and you are probably already done with surgery. I go Thursday and hopefully, will get my date. I am hoping for mid May. Keep us informed of how you are doing. And I will keep you in my prayers.

Well I made it!! Discharged yesterday. Went to my sons little league game last night (not smart) but oh well. Experiencing much more pain than I was expecting but I know it will get better. Thanks for all the prayers and sweet thoughts. By the grace of God, good family and good friends I made it to the other side!!

So happy to see an update! It's all easy from here! Add e on your fitnesspal so we can share dinner ideas!