Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Thanks for the great idea Randy! My bike is white with black down the middle and pinstripes in the Harley orange so that would be fun to have the helmet matched to that.

Hey Tracy! It's good to see you in here since you've given me some advice already! Hope to see more from you. I still don't have permission to ride yet as the foot is still recovering. However that didn't stop me from backing it out of the garage to wash it yesterday. Then I cranked it up and rode back in to the garage. An entire 5 feet! woohoo! lol I see my doctor on Thursday and hopefully will get permission soon to ride again. There was a rally in the area this weekend and gorgeous weather. It killed me to stay home. Okay, so I didn't die but I sure pouted alot. :shade:

the weather took an unexpected turn yesterday a 45 degree day turned into 60 .. and let me tell you THE BIKES WERE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mainly a lurker but couldn't resist : ) I have a sportster and hubby has a softail custom. I hated riding behind him when I was heavy and that was why I took the class and decided to ride on my own. Hubby is looking at getting an ultra classic.

We live in CA so there is a helmet law and we both wear full face helmets. I do have a half helmet that I use in the summer on short trips or to work (only 7 miles). Our son also rides.

We belong to a small mom & pop Harley club and as most of us have gotten older the drinking and riding has really stopped unless we do an overnight trip. Saw too many accidents.

In June we will do our annual meeting from San Jose to Carson Valley Nevada. I love the backroads but usually ride behind hubby on these super long trips. More than 3 to 4 hours on the Sportster my hands are numb and I have a severe case of TB (tired butt).

Glad to see so many other women riders. Our club is the only one in the Bay Area that allows female members (other than all female or HOG chapters) and even the ones that don't have their own but ride with hubby or sig other have voting privileges. We are the ones that do most of the work and the decisions for our annual poker run anyway, and where we want to go on our rides.

HUGS to all you riders.

Carol

Carol, sounds to me like the band changed more than your weight. You two should hook up with the Run for the Wall and ride to Washington, D.C. They leave out of Ontario, CA. This year it should be somewhere around the 16th or 17th??? Ten days to DC!!!

From one Carol to another....Welcome. Don't be lurker anymore. :)

Sounds like you have a great bunch to ride with. I haven't found an official group to ride with. There's several guys at work who ride and we are our own little unofficial group I guess. I'm the newest rider which I guess is why I'm the most enthusiastic and coordinate a lot of the rides. I can also relate to TB...lol Mine starts hitting about 60 miles down the road so I'm also the leader of frequent stops to stretch. :shade:

Congratulations on band success. Please share any tips you have for road trips.

Not only no but heck no to riding all the way to DC. It is bad enough driving that far. My butt would have calluses :) . And the weather this time of year - ugh.

Talking about DC, the name of our club is Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club and no we are not affiliated with the Rolling Thunder that does the DC ride. We've had some flack but I think they are Inc and we are MC and we obtained the rights to our name here before they did (I think someone checked). It's no big deal but once in a while we get approached about it.

I'm an Army brat and my dad did two tours of Vietnam and is actually buried in Arlington, so the wall does mean a lot to me.

Are you planning on riding the whole way?? How many miles each day and how long back and forth??

We will probably ride to Sturgis next year and I'm still trying to convince him that can't I just fly in, ride around and see things with him and then fly back. It is such a beautiful area of the country but to ride the whole way. I'd rather trailer in the bikes.

But, you (and your friends) should come up to our poker run. It is a total blast and our local Outback STeakhouse donates the BBQ at the end. Steak, chicken, caesar salad, rice, etc. It goes to what used to be our local "Crippled Childrens Society" but now is called VIA Rehabilitation. We help support the camp they have and that is actually one of our stops so the riders can see where the money is going to. It is August 19th this year!

And yes Carol -- each trip gets easier, our club usually plans a stop about each 90 minutes as some of us have small tanks compared to others. But it is the women that usually push for this. And there are gel cushions that fit on the seats that make the TB easier.

I'll try not to be such a lurker : )

(singing) Back in the saddle again ....or the Aerosmith version..I'm back...I'm back in the saddle again!

I'm a happy girl! My doctor gave me clearance to ride again so I'll be back on two wheels tomorrow. I have the instructions from my mechanic on what to do so I'll take care of the tires in the morning as I head to work and schedule the oil change for Saturday morning. :whoo: Just hope I remember how..lol I was only on it for 6 months before I was grounded but I'm sure that old bicycle phrase will fit for this as well.

Carol your poker run is on my daughter's 21st bday and the plan now is to be in Vegas to Celebrate. I'm getting her drunk on her bday legally and then playing Grammie the rest of the days with my granddaughter. Should be a fun time. I'm also hoping to do Sturgis this year so I have my fingers crossed that all the trips will work out. I'm definately going to have to find some relief for TB. My friend told me about some beads you could get for a seat cover too. He says they're nice cuz they help the air circulate beneath.

Hope everyone is doing well! :peace:

Carol, congratulations on getting your clearance to ride. And the weather is cooperating to an extent, but you better get it in today. Tomorrow they're calling for rain. Just take it easy, you don't need to screw something up by over doing it.

Thanks Randy. San Antonio was a little overcast on Friday but it's gorgeous today. Warmed up my Babee and then took off to do what every good biker does....errands...lol Put air in the tires first and then off to Hallmark, the drugstore and Auto Zone for some stuff to put in my tank. Berryman's B12, my mechanic told me to pick it up. Tomorrow we're going to Lukenbach Texas with Waylon and Willie and the boys... Ok, not Waylon and Willie but me and my boys are going to take a day trip. It's a little over an hour to get there I think from here.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Oh, Randy, I've been meaning to ask, do you and your wife camp at ROT or hotel it. I was thinking of staying somewhere close to downtown for all the festivities on Friday. Just wondered since you're more of a veteran there than me. Have you seen the update on the page? The Guess Who and Grand Funk Railroad are the Saturday concert. That should be fun and bring back a lot of memories! :rockon:

Yeah, Carol, I saw the update and I can't wait. The two times we've been down for ROT we stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe, on I-35, just north (and I mean barely north) of Hwy 183. I found a way to get to the rally using the side streets. We only have to get on the highway to get to the turn off to the fairgrounds. There is a Walmart just around the corner and the folks there have always been very accomodating. Last year, while everyone was trying to get downtown, we were at the Congress street bridge watching the bats come out for the night. T Totally awesome sight!

Welcome Brandy! I hope you'll join us regularly! :)

Thanks for the info Randy. I just talked to my boys about it yesterday while we were lunching in Fredericksburg. Told them we had to make hotel decisions quickly because I know the rooms go fast. I think I'd like to stay closer to the rally site. Less night time riding when people have been at the beer all day. The ride yesterday was gorgeous. We hit Lukenbach and hung out for awhile then through Fred and back home. Just great. I'll start riding again to work today. Working right now on running most of my 'old' gas out. Roughly 8 miles to go on the main tank but I think I may switch to the reserve this morning, use that and then go fill up and add some more Berryman's.

:peace: to all and have a great week!

:) Thank you for the welcome! :)

I am so looking forward to Spring. I feel good enough about myself now to want to be seen on the bike! :) Maybe this year I will start riding by myself again!

You go, Brandy! Since losing her weight, Joy can get on and off the Roadking so much easier and that really helps.

Carol, when the time gets closer maybe we can set up a meeting. And I promise not to look at the nekkid people at the rally......much. LOL

Brandy, congrats on your success so far! And I love your Sheryl Crow quote too. I noticed yesterday it was easier just being 30 plus pounds lighter. I can't wait to be at your ticker mark and enjoy it even that much more! And you can do it!!! Get back on that bike and take charge just like you've done with your weight loss.

Randy, it would be fun to meet you and Joy up in Austin. We'll definately have to make plans. I can't promise that I won't be partially nekid...lol I've flashed there before but that was several years back. I think I have that out of my system....some. :shade: I think I'll save it for Sturgis this year!