Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

Hi I just had lap band surgery 4 days ago is it normal to still have gas and a dull headache?

Yes, unfortunately, for some of us, the gas can last for quite a while. I had gas for about a week, and the headache was caused by the anti-nausea medicine. I didn't have too much nausea, so once I stopped taking the nausea medicine, the headaches went away. For the gas, the gas-x strips worked wonders, along with walking the floor constantly. You will get through it. Good luck! :-)

Yep i did and that first fill was a bummer im.on my second one at 6cc banded dec10

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Hey MsRhonda how's it going??

Current pre-op wt 344 down 324

Yep i did and that first fill was a bummer im.on my second one at 6cc banded dec10

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

What happened?!?!

I was banded 12/12' date=' had my first fill on 1/7, so there is a total of 3cc's in there. Down 30lbs total from preop diet to now. I still get hungry though so I'm thinking I may need another fill, but the Dr. thinks I'm doing fine. IDK, just don't know what's good and what's not at this point. Started exercising, but still struggling with the meal planning itself. Just joined fitness pal, so hopefully that helps.[/quote']

I had a problem with being hungry and I still struggle. I know carbs are my enemy, so I like using MFP to help me with food choices that will help me feel full. I use it as a guide to see what I did or ate on one day to determine why I was or was not hungry. Hope that makes sense.

Banded 12/19 down 17lbs total. No fill yet. Its crazy how loud my stomach has gotten! I try to stay on a schedule so I usually eat @ Breakfast 7am ' lunch 11ish' date=' snack 3pm, dinner 7ish, late night snack 11ish. My schedule seemsvto help w/hunger & spread out my Protein.

Was unsatisfied/dissapointed @ my 1st dr.followup. instructions differed greatly from nutritionalist instructions. Wss told I didnt need more than 40g protein &keep calories under 800. Reminded them what I was told by them before & they said no, thst was wrong & didnt need more than 40g protein. Also operative report wasnt back yet so they couldn't answer some of my other questions. Incisions healing ok so I'm focusing on getting protein &water & exercising.

banded 12/19 . Louisiana.[/quote']

My stomach does the same!! Lol

I was banded 12/31 and my weight loss has slowed/stalled. I keep battling with losing the same pound' date=' then gaining it back and I'm not due for my first fill until 1/31. I refuse to give up or get discouraged since I'm less than a month out from surgery and I'm pretty sure my body is still adjusting from surgery and the band. Some days I feel very bloated, other days not. I have Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia so I'm sure that doesn't help. I also need to see a doctor for some foot/ankle/knee pain (heel spur and I don't know what else acting up) so I can get into a better exercise routine. I'll make it, I just have to get past these hurdles![/quote']

Instyle98, when I read this, it seems as if I wrote this! My nutritionist advices mr to do chair aerobics and yoga type of exercises. I have a problem with my Achilles Tendon that is so bad that days i could not barely walk and felt like crying. I know what the problem is and want to lose more weight before doing the drastic fix. But, I have found shoes that go up higher on my ankle and I'm doing more exercise since. I also have fibromyalgia and since losing some of the weight and watching what I eat, I am feeling MUCH better! I had that bloated thing going on and since reducing my sugar and carbs I'm doing better! I really hope everything works out for you!

I thought about going back on liquids but I didn't want to start the habit of drinking liquids every time something goes wrong. I really want to learn a new way to eat that will last me. Don't get me wrong though! I can't wait until I get my fill on Feb 4th! It is hard! Lol

I had that problem and my doctor said I could increase my food amount. Also, I drink plenty of Water before I eat to help control how much I eat. I do snack from time to time, but I eat reduced fat jif Peanut Butter Togo, or natural almonds 100 calorie pack, banana, etc. I'm not going to lie, its hard, but we really need to be creative. Trust me, I know how you feel.

Yes. Portion Control is my big problem. I am juat frustrated right now because i am not satisfied with a smaller portion. I need the fill(s). I think most oc us are there now

Hi I just had lap band surgery 4 days ago is it normal to still have gas and a dull headache?

Yes some still have these problems for a week or more. Mines lasted exactly 1.5 weeks. But now as of Monday it will be a month and I have had no further problems. Good luck! Try resting but try sitting upright majority of the time and a heating pad for the gas. It seemed like reclining or laying down made my headache last!

I am a big proponent of dr oz, he had Chris Powell who is a trainer on his show. He has suggested almond butter a tsp 30 mins before each meal. You can get it in the Peanut Butter isle or make it yourself, 1 cup of almond blended with 2 tbl of olive oil. I think it is amazing ! I went to a nutrionist about a year ago who also suggested it. I think I didn't want to try it because of the sound. I have been doing it for a week now and feel alot better and not as hungry! Maybe he's onto something!

Yes. Portion Control is my big problem. I am juat frustrated right now because i am not satisfied with a smaller portion. I need the fill(s). I think most oc us are there now

I had that problem during my mushy stage and that Wednesday 3 days before my solid stage, they switched my diet and said I can increase my portions. I made the choice to not increase it much, but just change what I ate. For breakfast I will eat 6 oz of egg whites w/cheese, half slice if low fat calorie bread toasted, and a slice of turkey or regular bacon. I eat breakfast around 8-830 am. That last until 1130 or 12. Then I eat lunch and that last until about 330 or 4. I may snack with triscuits and cream cheese, but I don't eat the serving size. I eat just enough to curb my hunger and that's it. I'm really proud of myself because I used to eat on taste and not satisfaction. Just work on that and it WILL get better from experience. I get filled Monday.

I am a big proponent of dr oz' date=' he had Chris Powell who is a trainer on his show. He has suggested almond butter a tsp 30 mins before each meal. You can get it in the Peanut Butter isle or make it yourself, 1 cup of almond blended with 2 tbl of olive oil. I think it is amazing ! I went to a nutrionist about a year ago who also suggested it. I think I didn't want to try it because of the sound. I have been doing it for a week now and feel alot better and not as hungry! Maybe he's onto something![/quote']

Hmmm. Something to look into. Thank you.

I have strep throat so not fair...hope everyone else is feeling good!