Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

Congrats!!!

We have the same day...best wishes.

I just was approved by my insurance company today. It only took 1 week. I called my surgeons office and my surgery date is March 8th. I am going to be a March bander also.I didn't think this day would get here. Now that it has I am nervous.

I'm a MARCH BANDSTER!! My surgery date is March 31st! I can't wait... I'm so ready for a new me!!

Stephanie-we have the same surgery date!!!! I am scared but ready. I start my "liver reduction diet" on 3/17-my son's 9th Birthday -no cake for me. But a new life on its way!!

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

My date is March 31. I have what they are calling a "liver reduction diet" High Protein shakes, crystal light, popsicles, starting on my son'g birhtday!!!! I have tried the shakes already-taste pretty good, not the nightmare of taste that Slimfast and Optifast are so I am told. Best of luck to everyone!!

O wow!!! Hey there twin...LoL: ) Optifast is not as bad as I thought it would be, chocolate is my favorite.

LoL! Oh good I'm soooo happy to hear its not too bad!! Do you have the Soup too? I heard from someone else who had her surgery through my surgeon that we will be allowed to have one Optifast Soup a day along with the shakes. She said the chicken was awful but the Tomato is supposed to be bearable! We shall see; I start mine on the 2nd :)

I am scheduled for surgery on March 8, 2011! I am very ready for this. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I can have 3 Meal Replacement shakes with 1 frozen meal under 320 calories per day. I also get to have 1.5 cups of veggies, sugar-free Jello and lettuce with spritzer Salad Dressing. For anyone who has started the pre-op diet - how was the hunger level? I want to do everything right but am afraid I will cheat due to extreme hunger.

Here's to our new & improved lives starting 03/2011!

I am scheduled for surgery on March 8, 2011! I am very ready for this. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I can have 3 meal replacement shakes with 1 frozen meal under 320 calories per day. I also get to have 1.5 cups of veggies, sugar-free Jello and lettuce with spritzer salad dressing. For anyone who has started the pre-op diet - how was the hunger level? I want to do everything right but am afraid I will cheat due to extreme hunger.

Here's to our new & improved lives starting 03/2011!

I’m surprised you can have lettuce. I was told no lettuce at all because it’s fibrous and hard to digest (takes two weeks). Anyway I started my pre-op today I’m hanging in there lol. I’ll be banded March 7th.

I start my liquid diet on 3-17...anyone found any good chocolate shakes. Has anyone tried the shakes from costco? I heard they were delicious. Going to try them today.

I love Atkins Advantage Cafe Caramel Shake!! Really Good!!

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

I have a surgery date of March 10!

I am very excited to say that I am being banded on March 11th. I really wanted to be banded during our spring break so that I could have a week off to recover. Initially, I was told this morning that I couldnt get any time before the break and was told the earliest was March 24th. This would cause me to have to take off several days from work. I emailed my boss to ask for the days. I dont know why but I felt bad. Then the doctors office called and stated that they had an opening on March 11th which is a Friday before break. I am so lucky because now I only have to take off one day. I love my doctors office.

Now I have to go to the doctors office on Friday for a pre-op diet till surgery. This works out great because my husband has been gone for 6 weeks and he comes home on Friday afternoon. I can have one more nice meal with him before the diet. I am so ready and scared all at the same time. Yay!!!!!

I start my pre op diet Feb 28th surgery march 10 finally .

Going to my first support group meeting tonight. My DH even changed his work schedule so that I can attend. I keep telling him to look out more Overtime is going to be coming his way due to the fact I will need a new wardrobe soon. Now off to the gym before the kids get up. Gosh I really hate this mid-winter break - it messes up my morning routine. Have a good day everyone!!

LoL! Oh good I'm soooo happy to hear its not too bad!! Do you have the Soup too? I heard from someone else who had her surgery through my surgeon that we will be allowed to have one Optifast Soup a day along with the shakes. She said the chicken was awful but the Tomato is supposed to be bearable! We shall see; I start mine on the 2nd :)

Hi Nallygirl. I was told I could have fat free broth if I was EXTREMELY hungry..lol... Im on day 6 and its not TOO bad, just not use to Not chewing. And I try not to look at it as 30 days of No food , and just take it 1 day ate time. Cant really say how I will feel tomorrow or even tonight :blink:but at the moment I am A OKAY :D