Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers?

Eileen, what do you think the DH would have to say about his Harley Mama? *grin* And I think that would be an AWESOME goal reward...

Ummm...Im gonna try and get a pic taken...a decent one, I have one of me sitting on it for the first time...I look like a nerd. I'll get my daughter to take one of hubby and I on it this weekend. We're always lookin for an excuse to get on it!

We have a 2005 Dyna Wideglide and a 1200 Custom. This is one of my favorite pics of the back of hubby's head riding through Bryce Canyon, UT during the poker run while at the Thunder on The Mountain rally in Brianhead, UT.

I rode up on my own bike but left mine at the hotel so I could enjoy the views from back of my husband's. Sometimes it's nice to be a girlfriend and ride on back, sometimes I just gotta ride alone. Those are all our Vegas riding friends in front of us (4.5 hr ride from Vegas.)

post-203981-1381313263085_thumb.jpg

I'm still recovering from band removal surgery. I can't believe, based on how poopy I feel, that I ride a Harley. But I'll be well soon. I've grown out of my 1200 so I ride the Dyna whenever my hubby doesn't get to it first.

Here's me & hubby & some friends on our way to Utah last summer for the Thunder on the Mountain rally.

I don't know if we can make it to Sturgis this year. I have two trips planned already for my Slumber Parties business (New Orleans & Dallas) so I don't know how much vaca time I'll have. But we're always at the local rally, and we won't miss Laughlin's River Run!

post-203981-13813132631226_thumb.jpg

My husband with me being his girlfriend and our friend, Chief Deputy D.A. Dan. Dan once told us that since drunk driving wasn't in his jurisdiction he couldn't help us get out of any drunk driving problems. He said if we were ever pulled over while drinking to make sure we killed the cop, then he could help us as h6ead of homocide. Boys are so bad!

post-203981-13813132631564_thumb.jpg

Awesome pictures DeLarla, especially the one in Bryce Canyon! Beautiful!

Love the pics DeLarla!! AWESOME!!Ok, I just found out that after our local HOG meeting on Sunday, we're having a small run to the Cadillac Ranch (Caddies buried nose first in a field....dont ask!) I will get the pic then!! And post it!

Eileen, what do you think the DH would have to say about his Harley Mama? *grin* And I think that would be an AWESOME goal reward...

He thinks I'm nuts anyway :guess

Lisa... In some photo's you don't have helmuts and some you do? Whats the law out there.

I'm almost positive that in NJ you have to wear a helmut. I remember back in the 70's my BIL protesting the helmut law.... wearing shirts that said "helmut law sucks" ROFL !!! I was but a tot then but I still remember :)

I know in Texas you don't have to wear a helmet, but I always do! It doesn't take long to hit your head and cause brain damage or kill you. I don't like wearing one, but I would rather be hot than dead!

When DH and I toodle around town, I dont wear mine.

But when a ride calls for long stints on I-40 I wear my bucket!

Sunni, as I told the DW, at 70 mph all a helmet will do is keep most of my head in one place, should I have an accident. But at 35 or 40, it might save my life. I always wear one.

Randy, me too and full-face no less.

Someone asked what kind of a bike I was going to buy next. I have been in this mental funk and need a place to rattle so here it goes.

I have been working on getting a federal budget job in Africa. I am closer away but thinking it may not be for me. After having to put my sick, elderly dog to rest, I don't know if I could handle all the additional change of

1) living in one of the poorest countries in the world

2) having housing provided that I have no say in

3) at best, riding some street/dirt bike combination - while worrying about theft - cuz car jackings are the number one crime

4) being 40 flight hours from home, etc

5) safety, being alone far from home, etc

I initially went into these interviews trying to get placed in central or south america. Since I am not fluent in spanish, Africa turned into my only option. There are advantageous -

1) the country is beautiful and close to S. Africa where many HOG rallies and hd rentals are available.

2) I would have a challenging and rewarding (frustrating) job

3) I love to travel and would be able to see part of the world unavailable to me now. etc

4) be able to ride unique new roads and countries

Now, if I stay here, I will

1) continue international travel 2 or more times a year

2) continue taking one big motorcycle trip each year and many small ones (this summer I would be riding in ND alot for work - and getting paid for mileage)

3) buy either a new Road King Custom or Springer Classic (or both)

4) adopt a new dog (or two)

Thanks for giving me this place to vent. I think all of this has been overwhelming for me but putting it down in writing has been therapeutic. Now I need to get back to work and think tonight!:)

Wow Celeste, that is a lot to think about. I'd love to have an opportunity to travel internationally :) I wish you the greatest success in whatever you decide.