Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you eat a whole burger when you have good restriction?

Well, I guess I should schedule a fill then. It's so sunny how .5 cc's can make such a difference. I had the .5 cc's in me and couldn't even swallow spit/water, get .5 cc's out and I can eat a whole freakin' burger. Lol.

When you get close to the sweet spot, even 0.5cc can make a huge difference. Try moving to increments of 0.25cc - if you're right at the edge, that can make all the difference. For me now, 0.5cc is a big risky fill and I wouldn't contemplate a whole 1cc - up or down 0.25cc seems to work.

well,right now i can eat almost anything, not that i should! but i remember when i had GREAT restriction i could eat maybe half of a kid's size burger,chew chew chew, and almost all the time i'd be so full i would throw away the fries. even if i did have room, a couple would do. i wouldn't eat like this all the time, only once in a great while. i can't wait to get restriction like this again... :blink:

I haven't really tried to eat a burger since being banded. The thoughts of what the bread combined with the beef being stuck is enough to keep me away, BUT if I could I don't think there would be any way that I could eat that much. I could maybe eat 1/4 to 1/2 of just the burger if I ate very very slowly and chewed very well.

I can eat 1/2 a burger w/o the bun some time sand others times I can only eat 1/4 of the burger. I tried to eat a whopper jr with the bun once and after only 2 bites was choking on it.

I can eat one burger bite from Chilis. That is the equivalent of half of a child's burger or about 1/4 of an adult's. I enjoy it and it keeps me satisfied for 3-4 hours.

If you have good restriction, you should only be able to eat 4 oz of the hamburger.....( no bun or spuds )

You might need a little adjustment. If you eat 4 oz of Protein and hungry after 2-3 hours, you need a slight fill.

Good Luck.........

After 6 years and as many fills I too could eat a burger or steak or whatever I set out to eat. I recently got back on the wagon...Got a fill I mean. Trust me You wont even think of trying the BK anything. They got me hooked up now. You be planning your food wisely, getting what you need from the food in the best fashion you can. Cant waste room on junk cause theres not enough room to waste.

I prob could eat a whopper but not anything else. I usually avoid burgers because i cant eat that much bread in one go and the burger itself is so dense its quite a difficult food. I would have to really concentrate, be on my own in my own house. So on the above points it doesnt really seem worth it to bother. I think it would probably take me a good 45 minutes and the last 15 i would be really forcing it!

I cant eat alot of bread or fries because it feels like its getting stuck but I could easily finish 2 of the whopper patties along with the tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce. I'm scheduled for my 3rd fill on 2/11 and it can't come soon enough. I feel hungry all the time.

Well i do not know how many CC's i have , but what i do know is that every 3 or 4 months i go to see my doc and i get one CC then the next day i go back and remove half a CC because i cannot swallow my saliva!

Then for the next one month, i am chocking on my saliva when i sleep, or i vomit everything i put in my mouth, after that im back to normal!

YES i can eat a whole burger but with ONE BUN only, and it takes me hours to finish it, but i eventually do finish it!

NO i do not eat on occasional basis, but just when i really do not feel like eating anything but junk!

I have maintained my weight for the past 6 months now, and i really want to loose more, but i guess my body is just tired from years and years of diets, so im taking things slowly!

I love my band, but i hate it when i am with people who do not know i am banded yet i have to run to the toilet and vomit telling them that i am sick hehehhe

So yeah, i can eat a burger with fries because i love it!