Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you eat a whole burger when you have good restriction?

I have 6.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I feel some restriction, but I was able to eat a Burger King whopper JR w/small fries today in about 25 minutes. Is this normal? I didn't drink with my meal. I am satisfied with that and I think I'll be full with that for the next few hours, but I thought I shoudn't be able 2 eat stuff like this. Help! Do I need another fill?

I have to be honest, I couldnt dream of eating that much in one sitting.

I can eat 3/4 of a Big Mac and be very full and definitely satisfied for a good few hours. There's no way I could fit a drink or fries in at the same time and the last quarter of the burger would certainly have been overeating to the point where I would have pb'd.

But whilst you and I both know that McDonalds and Burger King and such cannot be a regular on your menu if your long term weight loss is going to be successful, occasionally, you really do want something like this or you kind of get stuck having to eat in a place like this. I think its OK to enjoy it once in a while, but being able to eat that much is probably not optimum restriction.

I find a burger such a difficult food that I really have to ahve a strong craving for one. I dont want to pull it apart and just eat the middle, I want to eat it like a normal person, but most often if I get stuck in McDonalds, burgers are so hard that I'd more likely choose 3 nuggets and a cup of coffee (I hate the McDonalds salads here, they're crap). I've tackled a burger only once in perhaps 2 years.

I'd consider I have good restriction but many people would be dismayed to be able to tackle a burger at all, so its all how you see it.

Edited by Jachut

I have to be honest, I couldnt dream of eating that much in one sitting.

I can eat 3/4 of a Big Mac and be very full and definitely satisfied for a good few hours. There's no way I could fit a drink or fries in at the same time and the last quarter of the burger would certainly have been overeating to the point where I would have pb'd.

But whilst you and I both know that McDonalds and Burger King and such cannot be a regular on your menu if your long term weight loss is going to be successful, occasionally, you really do want something like this or you kind of get stuck having to eat in a place like this. I think its OK to enjoy it once in a while, but being able to eat that much is probably not optimum restriction.

I find a burger such a difficult food that I really have to ahve a strong craving for one. I dont want to pull it apart and just eat the middle, I want to eat it like a normal person, but most often if I get stuck in McDonalds, burgers are so hard that I'd more likely choose 3 nuggets and a cup of coffee (I hate the McDonalds salads here, they're crap). I've tackled a burger only once in perhaps 2 years.

I'd consider I have good restriction but many people would be dismayed to be able to tackle a burger at all, so its all how you see it.

Yeah, I see what u mean. I've been banded for 7 months and recently had a fill 2 7cc's however, he took out .5 cc's because I couldn't swallow my own saliva. But now it's been 1 week since that unfill and I feel like I can eat too much. NOTHING seems 2 get stuck and actually now that I've eaten this burger I am feeling a little bite of nausea. I rarley eat a burger, but I really wanted 1, so I went 4 it. Thnx 4 the advise.

Yikkes! I don't think I could even eat half of a Jr. Whopper. I haven't actually tried a burger at a fast food restaurant since before I was banded. As far as fries go, I sometimes eat four of them if someone else gets them. I usually get a yogurt and fruit parfait if I have to go to McDonalds. I haven't gone to Burger King since being banded, but I imagine they have something similar to McDonald's yogurt. I have gone to Papa Gino's and get one piece of pizza when I go. Sometimes I can finish it and sometimes I cannot.

I would get a fill if I could eat a Whopper Jr. and fries because I probably would eat that much if I could. My band is my belly cop!

Best wishes to you and your band.

Sue

:drool:Havent even tried since my band,but I also dont think I could even eat 1/2 of on..and no chance at all on the fries!

Well, I guess I should schedule a fill then. It's so sunny how .5 cc's can make such a difference. I had the .5 cc's in me and couldn't even swallow spit/water, get .5 cc's out and I can eat a whole freakin' burger. Lol.

I have 6.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I feel some restriction, but I was able to eat a Burger King whopper JR w/small fries today in about 25 minutes. Is this normal? I didn't drink with my meal. I am satisfied with that and I think I'll be full with that for the next few hours, but I thought I shoudn't be able 2 eat stuff like this. Help! Do I need another fill?

I have only had 1- 2cc fill and I don't think that I could even eat that much with just a minimal amout of restriction. I think the head hunger got the best of you on that one. I wouldn't do it too often or you are taking the chance of stretching your pouch. I would call your doctor and ask them about it and see if you indeed need another fill.

I personally choose just not to eat burgers and ground red meat of any kind particularly from a fast food place. Full of fat and calories and something I am trying to avoid for now. I do very occasionally have some really lean sirloin but I usually don't end up eating more than a few bites before I find the taste offensive. I totally don't eat fries and heavily fried foods at this point. I have eaten chicken with a very light breading and pan fried at home and it kind of settles my wanting something fried and doesn't wreck my goals. But always with steamed veggies.

I guess I'm just having an issue with the fact that I CAN eat more than I think I should. Most ppl say they couldn't even eat 1/2 of this food even if they tried. I didn't even blink, it all went down without a prob, whxich honestly, was a bit dissappointing. But I don't think I'll be doing this again anytime soon. Lol

i can only eat half a whopper jr without the bun. bread does me no good.

a) my desire to eat fast food went away with the surgery

:thumbup: I could not eat any bread let alone a whole burger

c) like a previous poster.. the closest I have come is a turkey burger patty with melted cheese and taking 20 min to eat it all...

my suggestion- stay away from fast food and if you dont cook it dont eat it- you never know what is actually in it and there are tons of hidden callories, sugars, etc.. for me personally it is just not worth it...

No way! I can't eat bread or fries. Maybe the patty if it is thin, but when I am at my sweet spot, 5 or 6 small bites is all I can take without PB'ing.

I've been banded two years now and can only recall eating a burger (or TRYING to eat a burger ) twice. the first time I managed a quarter of one. The last time I could only eat half. I probably had three fries and I was DONE. A whole burger? No way.

"I guess I'm just having an issue with the fact that I CAN eat more than I think I should. Most ppl say they couldn't even eat 1/2 of this food even if they tried. I didn't even blink, it all went down without a prob, whxich honestly, was a bit dissappointing. But I don't think I'll be doing this again anytime soon. Lol "

I can totally understand. Until i got my last fill, i COULD eat a burger, no problem, but knew I SHOULDN'T eat one. And it didn't really matter. Now, with my last fill, i couldnt even eat a half. And absolutely NO bread! the Buns get stuck. Too soft. and i can eat about 4 french fries. And oddly enough, thats more than enough to satisfy my craving :-) SO be careful what you eat, and how much. But with the next fill or two, if you feel you need them, you won't be able to eat the same way you are now. THEN you'll feel like "yeah, this is what I went thru all of this for"

Good Luck! We're SO worth it !!!! :-)

I have tried to eat a jr whooper. I can only eat 3 bites and end up throwing it away. I can never eat a burger and fries. If i eat fries, I can only eat about 4 and i'm stuffed. But can't eat both.