Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in october--updates please

I have been rebanded ( july 2010) and lost a little weight until October 2010 where I have maintained at 150. My ultimate goal is 140 but I don`t see me getting there any time soon.

I got a Tummy Tuck October 2010 ( with some revisions) and just got new boobs Oct 1 2011.

still loving the band and how it changed my life :)

My bandiversary is 10/29 so it's almost two years. I lost a lot of weight and had plastics in March (panniculectomy and arms) that ended up with some complications. One of those was a serious infection in the port area that ended up with surgery on 8/2. Not emergency but, well, I saw the lapband doc on Monday and he told me we were going to surgery the next day. It was a bigger deal than I'd realized. Fortunately the band itself had not eroded at all and the port was in perfect condition; it was just the pocket around it that was a big mess of infection.

My wound was 5.7 cm deep and an inch and a half wide post-op and it's still open a wee bit even after 2 months. I'm now scheduled to get a new port on 11/22 so I can use Thanksgiving holidays to stay home and recover. I've lost a lot of work time this year already and I don't want to aggravate my boss.

I started eating poorly after the plastics because I was terrified of having PB's while I was recovering with that big abdominal incision. Ice cream was so tasty and went down so smoothly and it led to other unhealthy choices. I really miss having my band work and am having to really work super hard to get rid of these 15 lbs that went on so fast. It's scary how fast it will come back. Obviously I have not really absorbed the eating changes that I thought I had.

Looking forward to seeing how others are doing!

Wow Alienbandit..lucky you! I want a tummytuck and breast implants soooo bad.Doubtful my insurance will pay for it though. :( So why did you need to get rebanded?

Altopower tell me about it..weight it so easily put back on. I had got down to 142 after being totally sick and not able to eat much then I wasnt able to eat anything. Thats when i decided to go to see the doc. I knew this wasnt right.I was happy I was losing but it was not healthy by any means. Now since I've had my band deflated Im able to eat anything and everything which felt good for a change but now Im ready for the restriction again. I really hope that it works for me but if not Im hoping my insurance will approve the sleeve. Its what i originally opted for but the insurance didnt cover it at the time. My doc says theres alot of insurance co that didnt cover it but now do so thats the route im going if my band fails me.

Well sorry to hear of your mishaps and good luck to you on the 22nd. Hope all goes well for you. And good luck on getting those 15 lbs off. Im sure you'll be able to achieve your weight goal. ;)

Oops..sorry Alienbandit. Had i read all the way down on your post i would know why you were rebanded. :mellow:

I was banded in October of 2009. I am down 119 lbs and couldn't be happier with my results, I am less than 10 lbs from the goal my doctor has set for me, and about 20 lbs from my personal goal.. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: Banded Oct. 15, 2009 and am down 119 lbs. I am less than10 lbs from the goal my doctor has set for me and less than 20 lbs from the goal I have set for myself. YIPPEE!! For those of you just starting on this journey.............1. be patient 2. Use your band as a tool, not a cure 3. Follow your doctors instructions 4. get you self to the gym a minimum of 3 times a week 4 write down everything you eat.. If I can do this, anyone can. It won't be easy but it will be possible if you are willing to work at it.

And I have no idea how to update this ticker, so it is no where close to being correct. :) Good luck all you October Bandsters.

Update: Banded Oct. 15, 2009 and am down 119 lbs. I am less than10 lbs from the goal my doctor has set for me and less than 20 lbs from the goal I have set for myself. YIPPEE!! For those of you just starting on this journey.............1. be patient 2. Use your band as a tool, not a cure 3. Follow your doctors instructions 4. get you self to the gym a minimum of 3 times a week 4 write down everything you eat.. If I can do this, anyone can. It won't be easy but it will be possible if you are willing to work at it.

And I have no idea how to update this ticker, so it is no where close to being correct. :) Good luck all you October Bandsters.

First I would like to say congratulations on your successful weight loss! That is awesome!!! Your surgery date is close to mine..i was banded the 20th :) sounds like you havent had any problems with your band.. have you?

Yes a gym membership or exercise is very important..plus it will help tone your body :) I need to get a membership again. I had one but moved this yr and havent joined a gym plus after getting so sick with the slipped/prolapsed band?? Whichever it is, I had no energy but now im feeling great and its time to get back to it! I miss it :(

I was banded on 10/30, I remember coming home on Halloween. I was intending to sit on the front porch, but ended up putting up a sign to help themselves as I had just gotten out of the hospital. I have lost 100 lbs and am at goal, but trying to maintain. I am fighting with 5 lbs. I enjoy walking into my favorite Dept store and grabbing a small shirt and size 8 pants and dress and having them FIT!!!! Good luck to all of us Oct. 2009 folks! Karen

I was banded Oct 27th and got first fill today, 4cc's. I feel a small amount of restriction. But not much. If I drink too fast it is noticeable.

total loss thus far is 37pounds.

I am almost 2years Post op and I am steady at 180lbs. I have so much energy. Sometimes my kids are unable to keep up :) Best decision I have ever made and would do it over.