Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in october--updates please

I was banded on the 22nd of Oct. I had no problems with the surgery and post op was great. I was 297 the day i made my decision in June. 287 at orientation July 18, 280 the day I saw the surgeon, 271 the day of surgery. I have no ticker, I can't figure it out.today I am247 a total of 50 lbs pre and post op. I feel as though the weight should come off faster at times. I had my first fill on the 7th of Dec with 5cc in a Realize band. I go for a second fill the 22 of Jan. I feel no restriction and have only got sick on chicken breast. I try to keep the diet in tack and I do curves which I have lost about 60 inches all together. I never thought it would be so overwheming and wonderful at the same time. I have no one to talk to here about it most go for the bypass for the quick fix. I wanted it to be a life change. Ups and downs and challenges is what it is. In a year where will we all be...its only been weeks since all of our surgeries. Best wishes to all..

Hi! I was banded on October 29th. I have had one fill and have very little restriction. I have my next fill on Jan. 7th. I have lost 25 to 28 pounds depending on Water weight. I am hoping that I will be able to make more time to excercise.

Would love to hear how October bandsters are doing. I was banded October 27 and have had one fill. I dropped most of the weight 6 months before but I am still very very slowly losing. I do have my appetite back and am still pretty much using dieting to stay on track. I got to Weight Watchers for support. I realize it'll be a couple of fills before restriction also helps with appetite.

My recovery went very smoothly- I didn't need pain meds and the 5 scars have healed well. I am very glad I did this as it has already helped my mood.

Hi my name is Becky. I was banded on Oct 21st. I have lost 28 1/2 pounds so far. I have lost about 60 something alltogether from my highest weight. I have had fills 3 times the first 6 cc's the second 1 cc and the last time just yesterday another 1cc. Just today I felt like I couldn't eat another bite after Breakfast and I didn't eat much, lunch was just a little also, but dinner was one tostada with quite a bit of chopped lettuce. I am full but didn't get that stuffed feeling like I did at Breakfast. I read that some people are tighter in the morning so maybe that is what happened this morning.

Good work for you and keep it up you will get there, Becky

I was banded October 14th. Have lost 25 since surgery with an overall of 52. I had my first fill last week, 3 cc. in Realize Band. I don't feel like I have any restriction yet. I don't feel hungry but feel that I could eat more than I should at a time. I am scheduled in January for my next fill. My recovery went very well and I had no complications. I have started an exercise program within the past few weeks that I am committed to, walking the treadmill 3x or 4x a week. I am very pleased with my progress. I am struggling with "head hunger" especially when I am due for my period. Trying to drink tea or focus on a positive activity so that I don't eat during those times. I am surprised that I have tried various foods (bread, Pasta etc) and have had no issues with anything yet.

Hi, my name is Becky and I was also banded on Oct. on the 21st. I didn't feel any restriction either until this morning. I had my 3rd fill yesterday and have 8 cc in the Realize Band. I am nervous about getting food stuck, I don't really want that to happen. I mentioned that to my surgeon and he said "good then you will be careful", Ugh. I also have been using willpower but hope to get some help from the band some day. Becky

I was banded October 20th. I think my ticker is up to date....I am at 211 right now. I had my first fill on November 16th. I have 5.8cc in right now. I felt some restriction for a few weeks & dropped 4# but I have been stuck since then. My second fill is tomorrow. I tend to be a tad discouraged but if I look at it as a whole I do feel a little better.

I did get some encouraging news at my last appointment that I would like to share with everyone struggling. There was a woman at the clinic who had lap band & I overheard that it was her 1 year appt. She looked great! I spoke with her for quite a while. She lost 95 pounds in her 1st year. She shared with me that there was a point after surgery that she gained 14 pounds. Once she finally had proper restriction the weight came off! I found this very encouraging! :)

Hi my name is Becky, I was supposed to be banded on Oct 20th but my potassium was too low so they kept me overnight to raise it up and did the surgery the next day on the 21st. I also have felt no restriction but this am got full really fast and couldn't eat another bite. However the rest of the day went fine. I also am worried about food getting stuck. I can still eat most anything but only tried 1/2 hot bun once with a hot dog on it. I can eat a corn tortilla as long as it is crisp, haven't tried rice or soft tortillas. I can also eat beef if it is shredded. I also eat lettuce, I missed it too much. Good luck and keep up the good work. I am proud of all of us for taking the big giant step to get health. Becky

Had my surgery on the 19th of October. Since then I've gained 13lbs and I am a complete and total mess. I didn't really have food obsession issues until after I got the band but now I'm a freakin nut job! I had my first fill last week and I'm having another on Wednesday so hopefully I'll start to get some restriction because I have none at the moment. It basically feels like I never had surgery at all, except for the scars, which are still a wee bit itchy. I'm sure things will improve but, in the meantime, I am avoiding my mother like the plague lest I be on the receiving end of another screaming hissy fit. She let the first one fly a few weeks after my surgery when she realised my weight wasn't dropping like a rock like it did on the pre-op diet. She got all excited and then she was disappointed when reality didn't measure up to her made up expectations.

Do NOT listen to your mother, mine can push my buttons also but she doesn't mean to. She loves me and knows I have struggled my whole life with weight problems. Of course everything the family does together centers around food and they are all good cooks. I have lost about 30 pounds but did gain one week also, it can also be Water weight. I am not good at exercising, I was in the pool at the gym and had a panic attack and didn't know why so haven't been back. I plan to with a friend as soon as she joins with me. Keep a positive attitude, you can do it and when you get some restriction, it will get better and help you loose. Remember this is just a tool and we have to help it along. You can still make bad choices if you want to, but it won't help to lose the weight. Hang in there you can do it! Becky

Banded (LapBand)Oct 15-- had 1st fill Dec 8.

Down 27# so far..

I have found that bacon is not my friend anymore .My no-no list is growing every week, oranges, french toast,breads, and pork loin.

Right now I would slap somebody for a bottle of Sierra Mist..

I MISS CARBONATION !!!!

But I get over these wants when I get dressed in the morning and my pants are loose and I can use the 2nd set of hooks on my bra instead of the first set.

Edited by cruzlady

Hi my names Dawn and I had my surgery on Oct. 23. I have lost 29lbs since surgery (as of my weigh in on Dec. 3 at the doctors. I don't weigh at home). All together I have lost 40lbs with the pre-op diet. I have dropped 3 sizes in clothing. I had my first fill on Dec. 3 and I have my second fill on Jan. 13th. I do feel restriction and most of the time I am not hungry. I try to follow my doctors plan. I weigh and measure everything except when I go out to eat. I'm sure I eat a tiny bit more then the 5oz I am supposed to but I don't over do it. Most of the time my meals that I get when I go out will last me for another 2-3 meals at home. Which is great because I take it to work with me.

Over all I am feeling great. I have much more energy and I am going to the gym at least 2-3 times a week to the cardio room. I do my Wii Fit at home and I walk at least 4 miles on Sat. & Sun.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

I was banded on Oct. 26th. I had my first fill on Dec. 7th of 4cc. I have some restriction but wonder if it's enough. I can eat about a cup at one sitting. but I'm hungry again after about 3-4hrs. Not too sure if this is how I'm suppose to feel. I have lost 18.5lbs since surgery. Congrats to all for taking the step to a new lifestyle :)

I was also banded on Oct 27. First fill 4 weeks later, then another one at 6 weeks. total of 4 cc's and I go for a fill next Monday. I am still hungry, but eating less and have lost a total of 26 pounds since my pre-op diet started. Post op, I have lost about 16 pounds. I am still not in the green area! Feels good though, but I have had some fainting spellls when I eat too fast and don't chew right. When my stoma is blocked, its Mr. Dizzy.

hi i cant belived it we have the same surgen

i was banded on 10/23 i lost about 20lb

but i'm at weight lost still so its good to know someone from the same surgen in this forum

I was banded Oct 6. Surgery went great and no problems but had no restriction. Had a fill in November and still no restriction. I gained 9 pounds after surgery and was very discouraged! Went last week for for my second fill. I have lost 6 pounds! Please be encouraged that when you get the right fill it will totally make a difference. I was so discouraged I thought I had made a huge mistake by getting the surgery. I am encouraged again and feel like I am on my way. You are on your way too!!!!!

Edited by progress

Banded on October 21. Lost about 19 pre-op and 19-20 post op. I am just at a freaking standstill. My first fill is scheduled for Jan 14 and when I say I can eat ANYTHING and have no restriction, I can eat ANYTHING :-(! I am starving all the time and have to physically stop myself when I get to 6-8 oz for fear of stretching my pouch. This is just terrible. I am really having a hard time now and feel like I'm struggling more after having this surgery. I was losing so well on my pre-op, 1500 cal per day diet and not keeping under a cup of food. I am just so worried that it's always going to be like this....

Sorry, I'm usually more optimistic, but it's really getting tough living with constant hunger and knowing I can't do anything about it right now.

I was eating everything because I could. You are doing much better than I was by watching your amounts. That is progress!!!! Its hard but please don't be discouraged when you get the right fill it really does make a difference. I could not say that a week ago. Call your dr and see if you can get a fill sooner. You may not be able to but they moved mine up a couple of days for me. It may help. :)

Banded on October 21. Lost about 19 pre-op and 19-20 post op. I am just at a freaking standstill. My first fill is scheduled for Jan 14 and when I say I can eat ANYTHING and have no restriction, I can eat ANYTHING :-(! I am starving all the time and have to physically stop myself when I get to 6-8 oz for fear of stretching my pouch. This is just terrible. I am really having a hard time now and feel like I'm struggling more after having this surgery. I was losing so well on my pre-op, 1500 cal per day diet and not keeping under a cup of food. I am just so worried that it's always going to be like this....

Sorry, I'm usually more optimistic, but it's really getting tough living with constant hunger and knowing I can't do anything about it right now.

Why is your doctor making you wait so long for your first fill? It's normally 6 weeks after surgery. Some get the first fill even before that. I would call your doctor and tell him the way you are feeling. They should give you a fill sooner.