Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Yeah I hit the 100 lbs lost mark half way to my goal!!

Yeah I hit the 100 lbs lost mark half way to my goal!!

Can I ask how long you have had the band? and what are you eating?

I had my band on 5th March and have lost very little in fact since my op about 7ibs in a whole 7 weeks. and now it is static! I went for a fill on Tuesday and the doc only put in 0.5 ml and tried 3 times to get it in! Poking and prodding me>>

Can you help should he have put more saline in ? I'm told it takes time but you have lost a hell of a lot in such a short time I wanna know what you are doing? and how much saline you have for your restriction.. I dont think I ahve enough!

Please Help! Desperate>>

Dx:confused:

I had my band on 5th March and have lost very little in fact since my op about 7ibs in a whole 7 weeks. and now it is static! I went for a fill on Tuesday and the doc only put in 0.5 ml and tried 3 times to get it in! Poking and prodding me>>

Can you help should he have put more saline in ? I'm told it takes time but you have lost a hell of a lot in such a short time I wanna know what you are doing? and how much saline you have for your restriction.. I dont think I ahve enough!

Please Help! Desperate>>

The stats are listed on the signature for Panfisher

Surgery Date 2/23/10

Fill 3/25/10 3 cc in a 14 cc band

Fill 4/8/10 1.5 cc

Fill 4/22/10 .7 cc

Don't compare yourself!

I was banded on 2/24 and had my first fill last week. I do not need another fill. I am still in the learning stages with the band. I have not lost tons of weight and find that I need to use will power at times. But I am progressing toweards my goal, which is what matters.

Talk to your doctor at your next appt. about your frustration.

:(

Please Help! Desperate>>

Hello Richardson

I was banded 2/23/10. I eat 4 oz of lean Protein 2 oz of veggies and 2 oz of fruit at every meal. I don't have Snacks.< /p>

I try to follow my weight loss centers rules as close as I can. I do have a slip up every now and then. But I don't dwell on it I just get back on track. I really don't think I have much restriction. I'm told that every ones fill amount is different. I'm not at my sweet spot yet. I'm going on pure will power. I exercise 2 hours a day every day. One hour before work and one hour after work. Some days I don't have time to exercise the full two hours but I make sure I get in some exercise.

Richardson please don't compare your weight loss to mine. I am a man and have a lot more weight to lose than you, both of those factors make me lose weight faster than you. 7 pounds in 7 weeks you are almost right were you are suppose to be 1-2 lbs a week. Keep working your tool and I'm sure that scale will start to move for you.

Hi thanks for your response! I had lost about 11lbs in all but have put on 4 of them over the post op period but I am eating regular meals 3 times a day.. and have lapsed on the carb side so I guess if I was as strict as you I would lose more...

I am starting Swimming Next week daily so this could kick start the Metobolics..

I have had 0.5mls in the Band this week also so we may see some Loss its just tweaking things a bit!

Well done you anyhow keep up the good work!!:(

I've noticed this thread has been moving rather slow lately...How's all my fellow February bandsters doing?

This is our 3 month aniversary month and I was hoping to kick start this thread again to provide encouragement and motivation.

I have hit a big milestone for myself...the 50 pound loss mark!!! :thumbup: I am down 52 pounds as of this morning and I am loving it!!! I exercise 3 times a week at an hour each. I do 30 minutes of weight lifting for toning and then 30 minutes of cardio (bike, rowing or treadmill). I don't track my food or caloric intake, I just make healthy choices and eat until I'm full. I have had 2 fills which equals 3cc's in a 12cc band.

I do need to work on my Water intake and maybe step up my exercising to 5 days a week.

I'd love to hear from others on their progress at this point.

~Annette~

Thanks for posting! I have a weigh-in/possible fill on Monday, and think I will hit a total (pre & post-op) of 50lbs. lost. I am down about 25 lbs since surgery. I have 7cc in my 14cc band. I try to do a walking dvd (Leslie Sansone) in my office 3 x a week, park further away and have become more active with yard work/gardening outside.

At time, I eat more than a cup (like 2 pieces of pizza..my weakness), but I get most of my Water in everyday. I am happy so far and think I may be in or near my sweet spot.

How is everyone else doing?

Good luck !!! I am just kind of stuck and don't know what is happening? I started at 252, I am now 231. I feel that I should have lost more weight by now. I am getting the Water in daily--60 oz, along with exersizing for at least 30-45 minutes. The exersize program I just started on my own within the last two weeks so I should begin to see a difference. Aside from that I have been walking about .5 miles a day, along with going up and down the NYC train stairs. My physician said that my band is adjusted to loose 1-2 lbs a week. I will go back to him to get a fill. Any suggestions? My goal weight is 175

I've had two fills with 5.5 cc in a 10cc band. I'm down 25 pounds which is 40% of my goal - yippee! The other good news is I had GERD real bad before being banded, but it's completely gone with no meds.

I was on a plateau for about three weeks but I've started to lose again since I added exercise and limited calories to 1,000. I feel better than I have for years. I still crave foods I can't have, especially carbs, but it's not too bad. I need to learn how to cook - I'm getting bored with the same thing over and over. I'm resisting pre-packaged foods because they have a lot of sodium and other junk. If I was rich I'd hire a chef!

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss, and for those who are struggling I hope things will get moving for you soon.

I have found that if I am not eating enough food <800 calores, then I get stuckand lose nothing. I aim for about 1000-1200 per day, and occasionally will shake it up by having a "treat" and then I see the scale move because I had something different I guess. Changing things up seems to work for me whether exercise, foods, sleep, etc. I ammore active outside gardening and mowing the lawn so that has helped too. I spent a long time at 275 mostly because I spent 15 years at that weight before gaining more and so it was familiar to my body. I changed a few things and tracked more diligently and then the scale moved again.

Hi - I have lost 27.5lbs since surgery. I feel like I am finally knockinf on the door of restriction. I am up to 5.5cc in my band and although I am not restricted, before my last fill I was getting hungry in between meals and not filling up on 1/2 to 1 cup of food. I was starting to allow little cheats here and there and before I knew it I was "cheating" more than staying on plan. Part of that was that I was not tracking and not visiting LBT. I feel a bit better with my last fill and can't wait for my next.

I have not had an episode of PBing, getting stuck or even "slime". I still can eat normal bites and don't understand why I have to sip so I take a normal sip. Is it only when you have restriction that the small bites and sips are truly important?

Exercise for me is not regular. No excuse. I wish I could go off by myself and use exercise time as a meditation time. But, not in this house. I am stay at home mom and the only time to myself is when I am sleeping!

I was banded on the 23rd. I have only had one fill. Initially lost about 2 pounds but think ive put it back on. Im working out a lot so I guess im a little disapointed this past month. But I do go for another fill next week. Felt some restriction when I got the first fill but kinda wore off after a week or two. I stick to a protien drink for break fast..do very good at lunch...but seem to eat a little more at dinner and find my self being very hungry in the evenings....especially after working out if I work out in the evenings. I am happy that Ive lost about 15-20lbs since surgery. I know its just going to get better so cant wait for more fills!!!!!

I had my surgery on 2/24/2010....as of about one minute ago when I weighed...I have lost 33.5 lbs....which is right on key according to what my doctor wants me to loose...about 2 lbs per week...slow and steady.

My first fill was 1 cc

Second fill was 2 cc

Third fill was 1.5 cc (that was done yesterday)...3/5/2010

I think 1.5 was about .5 too much as I am having some difficulty. I am feeling pressure at my banding site. I am having trouble swallowing pills and some foods. I now find I have to take much smaller bites and wait between bites, so slowing down my eating. I find, I have to take sips of Water while eating, to get the food down.

I don't exercise as much as I should and am doing my best to amp up my motivation. I am using a stationery bike, a treadmill, and an elipital..so hopefully the weight will start coming off once I start using what I have available to me.

So nice to hear from everyone. Congrats on all who are losing and happy and sending positive thoughts to others who are struggling.

Coming to lapbandtalk helps me to stay focused and moving toward goal.

I've lost 23 lbs and am very happy with that loss. Doctor is also satisfied.

Let's stay in touch and remember why we wanted this band.

Hi,

Wow - so many of you have lost so much weight - awesome!

I'm just a pound or two shy of they 40 pound down mark (from my highest, not doc's number) and that's 28 lbs down from doc's number.

I am moving and working it and am feeling better than I have in a long time, so I'm a happy bandster. :confused: