Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Lapband Clinic Opens in Regina, Saskatchewan!!!

Hello Everyone!

Exciting News on the Canadian Prairies in Regina, Saskatchewan! :tongue2:

Omni Surgical Centre and the 2 Bariatric Surgeons (Dr. G. Kaban, MD, FRCSC, Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, Dr. S. Pooler, MD, BSc, FRCSC, Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery) who are running the Provincially Funded Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Program have partnered together to offer Saskatchewan another Weight Loss Surgery Option: Self Pay LAP-BAND®® Surgery at Omni Surgical Centre.

Check out the website and information!

joelsopp@sasktel.net

Hello Everyone!

Exciting News on the Canadian Prairies in Regina, Saskatchewan! :tongue2:

Omni Surgical Centre and the 2 Bariatric Surgeons (Dr. G. Kaban, MD, FRCSC, Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, Dr. S. Pooler, MD, BSc, FRCSC, Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery) who are running the Provincially Funded Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Program have partnered together to offer Saskatchewan another Weight Loss Surgery Option: Self Pay LAP-BAND®®® Surgery at Omni Surgical Centre.

Check out the website and information!

joelsopp@sasktel.net

this is wonderfull news for people. slayer thanks for posting news on this forum it has helped my wife and i on finding stuff in the local area of regina. we get our fills done buy a local nurse in regina that you posted.thanks again ......no ten hour drive to wpg and back. enough speeding tickets trips were getting costly.lol:) GREAT NEWS.

That's FANTASTIC! I wish they would have been opened in April when I had mine done, I would have gone to them in a heartbeat instead of Winnipeg. I've been completely happy with Maples, just for the fact of how much easier it would be to travel to and from Regina.

That being said, I think it's fabulous that the option is now there for others. Last I had heard, the nurse in Regina that does the fills said she was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen at the Omni Centre because the government wouldn't give them clearance even though they were trained and capable of doing the surgery.

My husband is planning on surgery in the new year, and we were going to go back to Winnipeg for his, but this is a far, far better option for us! I'm going to study their website - any idea what they're looking at as the cost?

That is some AWESOME news!! It's great on a lot of levels, and I'll admit it, I'm pretty pumped that Saskatchewan is getting this service when it's really not that wide spread - go go Saskatchewan!

If you happen to hear any more info , please keep sharing it Joel - it's nice to have someone that knows what's going on out there!

k.

That is some AWESOME news!! It's great on a lot of levels, and I'll admit it, I'm pretty pumped that Saskatchewan is getting this service when it's really not that wide spread - go go Saskatchewan!

If you happen to hear any more info , please keep sharing it Joel - it's nice to have someone that knows what's going on out there!

k.

Tough for your husband i would for sure look into regina. i have not been back to maples yet just for the fact of the fill nurse is good in regina. real good knows her stuff and the way everyone talks on here u only see the docs sometimes at maples. hope to See u n your husband sometime.

Edited by Too Fat To Fish

"Fish" - Have you guys been back to Linda again for fills? I was contemplating trying to get up there to see her in the next couple weeks before Christmas, but because we're going to Texas for Christmas, I think I'll wait and pop up to see her in the new year for another fill. (I don't want to get filled right before we leave incase I need adjusting if it's too full or something) I really did enjoy going to her the time I did, though - she's AWESOME!!

I think I'm almost where I need to be for fills (currently at 6) but think I can go a bit tighter yet as I can still put quite a bit of food away. Still working on chewing better and taking smaller bites, but even when I ace that, I can get a lot down.

"Fish" - Have you guys been back to Linda again for fills? I was contemplating trying to get up there to see her in the next couple weeks before Christmas, but because we're going to Texas for Christmas, I think I'll wait and pop up to see her in the new year for another fill. (I don't want to get filled right before we leave incase I need adjusting if it's too full or something) I really did enjoy going to her the time I did, though - she's AWESOME!!

I think I'm almost where I need to be for fills (currently at 6) but think I can go a bit tighter yet as I can still put quite a bit of food away. Still working on chewing better and taking smaller bites, but even when I ace that, I can get a lot down.

Yes i have been twice lisa three times to linda. we are going tues. so by x mas we will be not so tight. lol. still thinking about that food...we find her good to talk to about stuff ....not getting the maples treatment but what can we do i am not driving ten hours to go see a nurse in wpg.. plus linda has more training then any nurse on this in wpg...very nice to have her.....go before texas...plus stay away from dowtown dallas its scary lol been there and done that.....merry xmas

this is great news!!! I went to Maples for surgery too and I dont know if I am whiney or what but the aftercare I received was horrible. They never answer any of my few questions, like 3 in total, they make me wait an hour to see them for 5 minutes and I have been nothing but polite and kind. My first fill was a joke, no one has heard of such a small tiny fill in the chatrooms. I am frusterated with them and hope to get fills here is Saskatchewan. The only thing nice is Jennifer. If and when I do talk to her its always a pleasure, but I feel I gave them a lot of money and hoped for a bit of afterCARE. Sorry hope I dont make anyone mad for writing it. Good New for Sask!!!!

Hi everyone, I have a pre-surgical assessment booked for Nov. Is there anyone in these forums who have had the surgery through Omni centre? I am a little nervous as they are have only been open for a year:unsure:.