Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I haven't posted in a while. Almost 3 months post op and currently I've lost 12 pounds which is what I lost after three weeks so I've had two months and no weight loss. It seems like I eat nothing so it's a mystery to me how I am not losing. Last night went for chinese because my daughter wanted it. Now normally I would have had three plates at the buffet. Last night I had about 6 pieces of Sweet and Sour chicken and three bites of rice. That's it. It takes me forever to eat so I have restriction but I am never full. I just stop eating because it takes so long to finish stuff.

I'm almost afraid to get another fill because I have to eat so slow now but I haven't lost any weight in two months....

Anyone else in this boat? I know Bellyfat was feeling like this a while back.

Try logging your calories, you'd be surprised at how something that seems like hardly anything at all actually has a lot of calories. I use MyFitnessPal.com.

Thanks everyone for your advice with the couch to 5k! I have another question for y'all....I went for my 3rd fill a week ago. Everytime I have gone, they pull out all of my Fluid then put it back in along with whatever my fill is going to be. At surgery they put in 2ccs. 1st fill was 1cc for total of 3ccs. 2nd fill another cc for a total of 4cc's. When I went in for my 3rd fill, she only pulled out 3cc's. :) Where did the other cc go? I was told not to worry, but I am worried! I feel like I can almost eat anything too...not at first, but now a week later I do. Have any of you experienced disappearing fluid and it was normal?

i have one pair of pants that still fit. Good news, but i have got to get the time to go shopping. I am down 2 sizes since surgery.

congrats!!

Hello December Delights,

It's been a while since I've posted, and I hope that you are all doing well and looking forward to warm weather. I most certainly am. I've had some success since my last post. I had previously been too tight, but that has been corrected and I've even had a fill since then. I went to a support group meeting at my doctors office earlier this month and felt a little disappointed about my weight loss compared to some of the others. There was one lady who had lost 78 lbs since her surgery in November. I have only dropped 25 since my surgery in December. I was thinking "Man, I must be doing something wrong". However, I have come to the conclusion that everyone is different and losing at my own pace is fine, as long as I get to my goal. It might take me a little longer, but I'm ok with that. I am down 8 pounds since my last fill, which was about 3 weeks ago (around the time of the support meeting). I've started setting a walking goal for myself each week, usually 25 miles and then I either hit the road or walk at home with the "walk away the pounds" DVD. I'm up to 5 miles a day and oh so excited about it. I also try to do zumba twice a week at the gym. I feel very motivated and will do what I have to do to reach my goals. It is very nice to have you guys to reach out to for support and I'd like to thank each of you who have responded when I really needed help. Hugs to all of you!!!

Hi Kimmi,

I know what you mean. We were banded on the same day. I have only lost about 33 lbs since my surgery but that is 33 lbs gone forever. I used to get a little depressed whenever I read how much weight everyone was losing and how much saline everyone was getting in their band when compared to me. I thought that I was behind the curve. I don't even know what size my band is. I have only had 2 fills so far and my doc only put 1cc the first time and a little over 1 cc the second time. He says an overfill should never happen and he tries to adjust to each person's individual needs. I can really eat more than the 1/4 or 1/2 cup we are supposed to eat and I do eat until I am satisfied. I try to make healthy food choices and always combine Protein with veggies and complex carbs if needed. Although my progress seem slow, I do seem to be progressing and I have not had a problem eating anything that I have tried. I enjoy that. While I want my band to be a tool to help me reach my goal, I do not want to be a slave to it and eat only what it tells me to. I want to be able to enjoy the food that I do eat because I am making a sincere concious effort to only eat what is healthy and good for my body. I am exercising on a regular basis and I feel so much better. I know this is a process and I am just taking it nice and easy to my goal weight. I know that I will make it and so will you.:):thumbup:

congrats!!

Thanks. Went shopping, bought 2 pairs pants, 3 tops. They will last until next change.

Thanks everyone for your advice with the couch to 5k! I have another question for y'all....I went for my 3rd fill a week ago. Everytime I have gone, they pull out all of my Fluid then put it back in along with whatever my fill is going to be. At surgery they put in 2ccs. 1st fill was 1cc for total of 3ccs. 2nd fill another cc for a total of 4cc's. When I went in for my 3rd fill, she only pulled out 3cc's. :tt1: Where did the other cc go? I was told not to worry, but I am worried! I feel like I can almost eat anything too...not at first, but now a week later I do. Have any of you experienced disappearing Fluid and it was normal?

Hi Chickadee,

You'd be surprised how much inaccuracy is involved in filling and refilling these bands. Just because they pulled out less than what was in there before, there is really no cause for worry. They can be off a cc and it can remain in the band or tubing. (The syringes they buy are disposable and hardly perfect themselves. Some have a perfect rubber seal and get good suction for draw and some are less than perfect!)

Keep your mind on the prize and don't let something like this worry you. These syringes are .10 cents each in bulk and definitely not perfect! I'm sure your band is not leaking or more than that would be missing!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

Weight Loss after Surgery

weight.png

Overall Weight loss since 11/2009

weight.png

event.png

user_online.gifreport.gif

user_online.gifreport.gif

Edited by tmaiello
added signature & tickers

WOw everyone looks like they are doing really well on their weightloss. Congrats to all you december delights...

Hello everyone,

I had my second fill yesterday and now have 6cc's in my 10cc band. Weight loss has been slow but steady and I do feel some restriction now. I go 2 months until my next fill so hopefully this one will be close to my sweet spot.

It's good to read that most everyone is doing well with their weight loss. Keep up the good work.

I have hit a major plateau. I haven't lost anything in over a week. It seems like I just keep jumping up and down a couple of pounds. I go in Monday for my next fill and I am so ready!

I have hit a major plateau. I haven't lost anything in over a week. It seems like I just keep jumping up and down a couple of pounds. I go in Monday for my next fill and I am so ready!

Hey Tracy,

I hit a plateau for almost 2 weeks and then the weight came off again. There is no trick to handling it.....just perserverance. You have to keep the same habits you had b4 the plateau that were working for you. The weight loss just magically starts again!

You're doing real well, keep up the good work. This really goes for everyone, I am so happy and proud to be part of this group!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

Weight Loss after Surgery

weight.png

Overall Weight loss since 11/2009

weight.png

event.png

Talk about a major plateau!... I haven't lost anything in three weeks. I was 201 on 3/5... then 202.5... then 204... and when I weighed this past Friday, I was back to 201 (I blame Water retention for the gains, so as not to get to depressed about it). I have an appointment on Thursday and I'm feeling like I'm ready for a fill, based on the fact that I don't have much restriction (some, but not much), weight loss has pretty much stopped and it's been 6 weeks since my last fill. But here's my quandry. My doctor has a strict rule of (get this) 'liquids for TWO WEEKS following a fill'. I know. I think he's crazy too. But that's the rule. Maybe I shouldn't be... but I'm thinking about things like Easter next weekend and my grandma's birthday party the weekend after that. No one knows about this surgery, and being on liquids (only) would be difficult to explain. So what do you guys think? There's always going to be SOMETHING, so just go get your fill?... OR... wait a couple of weeks and work out harder at the gym? I'm anxious to lose weight, if only a few pounds, so I can be 'Karyn in Onederland'. But I'm on the fence about what to do. Any thoughts?

Talk about a major plateau!... I haven't lost anything in three weeks. I was 201 on 3/5... then 202.5... then 204... and when I weighed this past Friday, I was back to 201 (I blame Water retention for the gains, so as not to get to depressed about it). I have an appointment on Thursday and I'm feeling like I'm ready for a fill, based on the fact that I don't have much restriction (some, but not much), weight loss has pretty much stopped and it's been 6 weeks since my last fill. But here's my quandry. My doctor has a strict rule of (get this) 'liquids for TWO WEEKS following a fill'. I know. I think he's crazy too. But that's the rule. Maybe I shouldn't be... but I'm thinking about things like Easter next weekend and my grandma's birthday party the weekend after that. No one knows about this surgery, and being on liquids (only) would be difficult to explain. So what do you guys think? There's always going to be SOMETHING, so just go get your fill?... OR... wait a couple of weeks and work out harder at the gym? I'm anxious to lose weight, if only a few pounds, so I can be 'Karyn in Onederland'. But I'm on the fence about what to do. Any thoughts?

Hmmm....it would be nice NOT to pig out at Easter dinner, BUT it would be aweful to get stuck (worse yet, slime) in front of a bunch of people who have no idea what is going on with you. My doctor always wants me to wait a couple of weeks after a fill before I travel to adjust to the new restriction. With that said, I would wait if I were you. I have had 3 fills now, have never been stuck, but have noticed some difficulty eating different foods this time. I think it gets slightly stuck. I'm learning that I need to chew more with this fill and I'm glad I'm learning privately instead of in front of all my family this Easter. Good luck with whatever you do.

That's got to be the hardest place to be stuck on a plateau....staring at 200 and not being able to break it!

I would definitely get the fill. As you already said, there is ALWAYS going to be something going on, so, just get used to making excuses for the weird diet (a 24 hour virus thta won't go away, a minor stomach irritation that doesn't do well with solid foods, etc....I know, it takes a man to lie hahaha). But no matter what you do, exercise won't do it alone as you can always eat what you work off.

Good luck on whatever your choice is!

Anthony

Thanks for the feedback. You're BOTH right!... and make excellent points (and I'm still on the fence. :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback. You're BOTH right!... and make excellent points (and I'm still on the fence. :thumbup:

Do not let holidays interfer with your fills. First of all family events such as Easter are always hectic - almost never is everyone sitting down all at the same time. Just be the one in the kitchen helping out for the last minute stuff. This is your life now so there will always be the next event of next holiday. Stop worrying about what your family might thing and worry about you. You said you want to lose weight even if it's a couple pounds - THERE's your answer.

If you really can't eat after your next fill simply have an upset stomach and don't eat - then take a doggie bag home when you feel better!!!!!! Having to eat in front of others should never be an excuse. That's what got us overweight to begin with!!!

Go get that fill!!!!! Good Luck!!