Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in favor of the new health care reform?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the new health care reform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

You will be paying taxes as long as you work. You can like it or don't. And those taxes will be going to the poor and those pesky programs, sorry. Oh, I know why don't you just quit and live off the government and see how good that feels to not pay taxes. Why don't we all do it and nobody pay taxes. Then we can go back to no roads and bridges being built, cleaN Water and fresh air in the industrialized towns. Yeah, those triffling poor people, just live like fat cats, with all the vacations they take and 4 star insurance, and buying all the diamonds and Ipods. They have it great.

Don't think I ever said they live like fat cats, although they have better insurance then me. I chose not live off the government because I have a little thing called integrity.

I don't mind my taxes going to roads or clean water. I mind my hard earned money going to someone who did not earn it. I would even feel better about it if they made the perfectly able ones earn it somehow by doing community service.

There have been some incentives and restrictions put in place, but if lots of people who are able-bodied are still scamming the system as you say they are, then lots more work needs to be done to fix the system.

We need to be lobbyists for that kind of change. But I will never try to take away all assistance for Americans who will perish due to neglect from our government (which is us.)

There have been some incentives and restrictions put in place, but if lots of people who are able-bodied are still scamming the system as you say they are, then lots more work needs to be done to fix the system.

We need to be lobbyists for that kind of change. But I will never try to take away all assistance for Americans who will perish due to neglect from our government (which is us.)

I would not like it taken away either. I would like to see reform, and I would like to see them fix the problems with the programs already in place before they go dropping more money into new programs, but realize that is just plain unrealistic. I would like to see people who are not disabled do something to pay back the community, I would like see drug testing, I would like to see time limitations on how long, and how much you can collect. I think the programs make it too easy for poeple as they are right now.

This topic has gotten way off the original topic...good debate...and I think we can all agree that we don't like our government wasting our money. Some of us just have different beliefs of what is waste and what is not, and where our money should go and should should not go.

We certainly do agree on that, Michelle! And I also agree that this has been a good debate and I always learn something from reading what others, like you, have to say. Thanks.

Yeah, it gets boring. Yawn. Kidding!

plain just for your information, I do not read the Huffington Post. Ever.

Just because I disagree with you about everything you post? And because I call you out when I think you've posted something that doesn't make any sense?

Hey, I'm actually not as mean as I sound. And I am a very compassionate person about many things. And I admit that I am very entrenched in my beliefs about politics and religion. I have come to be like this because I have learned a whole lot while I've been living. I'm not some innocent young pie-in-the-sky dreamer. I've been there and have seen that.

So I have a lot to say on stuff. And when I think someone, anyone, is full of bull, I say so.

But I don't know you personally. After reading your posts for so long I have a pretty good idea of who you are. I've known a lot of people like you. But of course you could be a big hairy guy that's 15 years old just yanking everybody's chain. That's the beauty of this forum. We can be whoever we decide we want to be.

It's fun and it's anonymous so no harm, no foul. I use it strictly for my own theraputic shot in the arm.

REGARDING BEHAVIOR, is it a good analogy to say that liberals are like house pets?

My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.

She has her food prepared for her. She can eat whenever she wants, 24/7/365. Her meals are provided at no cost to her.

She visits the Dr. once a year for her checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise. For this she pays nothing, and nothing is required of her.

She lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than she needs, but she is not required to do any upkeep. If she makes a mess, someone else cleans it up. She has her choice of luxurious places to sleep. She receives these accommodations absolutely free.

She is living like a queen, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever. All of her costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.

I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head, Holy Cow, my dog is a liberal!

Well if liberals remind you of your lazy, good for nothing puppy... teabaggers and birthers remind me of one of Michael Vick's fighting pit bull dogs.

Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch and the other "trainers" are the Michael Vicks of the right wing extremist pit bulls. Those guys, like Michael Vick, stand to make a lot of money and the poor pit bulls only know what makes sense to them after they're trained to gnarl, bite, thrash and kill if possible. They'll fight to the death no matter what it costs them personally.

bjean doesn't play 'nice' with me, though.:smile2:

By "play nice", I mean no personal attacks. Regarding disagreements, it's every man for himself!