Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many cc's do you have? How many fills so far?

Hey Ladies,

I hope you all are doing well! I had my first fill this Tuesday. It was 2 CC' s. I still don't have much restriction. I am at 191/Size 14. My loss could have been greater, but my sweet tooth is a MONSTER! The fill was like a big pinch. I return in February for my 6 mth post-op and 2nd fill.

I received my 2nd fill last Tuesday 1.2ml, still not feeling any real restriction. The Dr. told me to come back in 8 weeks. Well, I'm taking matters in my own hands now and have scheduled my next appt for 4 weeks. I think that 8wks is a long time to wait. The LAP-BAND®® website says fills should be done every 4-6 wks - needless to say, I'll point this out to the Dr. when I return should he decide to give me any grief. I have a total of 6.2ml in a 14ml band and think that perhaps one more tiny fill may get me to the sweet spot.

Crossing my fingers...

I'm also kinda down and out these days as I've seemed to reach a plateau - I've been averaging 198-199 for the past 3-weeks. Ready to scream. :thumbup: Sorry for venting.

I just received my third fill yesterday of .6cc's that puts me at 5.6cc's (I made a mistake earlier and said I was at 5.5 but I was at 5cc's).

I was feeling some restriction before but today I definitely feel it! I am on liquids and hope that I will be able to eat some in the next day or so.

I lost 7lbs in the past month without really trying. My mom had surgery and I was taking care of her (and making dinners), I have been working a lot and not exercising, so.. all considering I feel VERY successful for this past month.

I am starting with a personal trainer on December 1st, which I know will be good for me. That should kickstart me into a good workout routine.

I am so happy I had the surgery.. everyone here seems to be doing so well, congrats to us all!!:thumbup:

I am right there with no restriction!!

1st-.5cc

2nd-1cc

my band is the small one, 10cc, and at time of surgery I had 2cc put in!! so I am so not at my sweet spot...

I have had 3 fills and I have 7.5cc in my 10cc band. Unfortunately, I'm not at the sweet spot yet, I can still eat a lot. But I have lost around 37lbs total so far and I'm happy with that! Good Job Guys!! :thumbup:

I have 4.5 cc in right now. I go on 12/10 for hopefully my 3rd fill. I can basically eat anything but bread. I wish this band would kick in. I can't believe 1 girl on here lost 88 pds since August, that is so awesome !!! I am way jealous. I have lost about 30-35 pds since 08/26. Which really depresses me. I lost 30 @ 2 weeks post op. Then 1-2 pds at each monthly visit. 14 of that was pre-op. I am walking laps at work 2 x a day but not getting much other exercise. I need to start making myself workout daily, if I have time to watch TV then I have time to get off my big booty and exercise. I even have a loft with TV, and equipment to use. I am just too tired. My dr told me to try to stop drinking my Protein shake and push food with Protein. But I know I don't get enough in without my shake. My hair is falling out all over the place. So i started back on my shakes this week. I need my hair. And for the past week I have had a headache everytime I eat. Anyone else had this problem? Might be from something else.

thanks

Questions, questions, questions.....

How many fills have you guys had...... and how many cc do you have?

Me (in a 14 cc band):

First fill: 3 cc

Second fill: 2 cc

Third fill: 1.5 cc

Total so far: 6.5 cc

I still don't feel major restriction. I feel some but not a lot. I can certainly eat 1 - 1-1/2 cups of food per sitting if I wanted to.

I am using smaller portions, and a smaller plate.... but I have a hard time not drinking when I am eating. I'm working on it, and if I have to drink, I definitely just use tiny sips... but for how long afterward? I get THIRSY sometimes :sad:

I have been trying to drink a lot of Water / diet iced tea right before I eat, so that I won't be thirsty, and hopefully fill up the bottom of my stomach so that the pouch empties even slower. I do find that if I'm thirsty, I can still chug-a-lug Water, tea or milk.

How's everyone else doing??

Karen

What are you eating? Exercising? I can't believe how much you have lost!!! I need your help.

Wow August BANDit's are rocking it! I'm past the 'sweet spot' and excited to see my dr. on Dec 16 for an adjustment. At this point, it should be for an unfill.

I got 4cc for my first fill and 1cc for my second. Since about 7 days after the 2nd fill, I can't eat anything early in the day and sometimes Water hurts. I get a heartburn feeling and a yucky full painful feeling as my food travels downward. I wanted to get in for the unfill sooner, but with the holiday schedule of my dr and my work travel, we had to settle for the 16th. Now, it's been a few weeks and it is getting marginally better, but still some pain with eating and drinking. This has helped kick up the weight loss, but I don't think the dr will see this as a positive side effect! :thumbup:

I'm now at 8.5cc

I'm not sure if I'm at restriction? I definitely have a sliming episode if I don't chew well enough (since this fill, I've had a LOT of sliming/PB problems.... at least 5-6x/week)

I'm still pretty hungry though.... I'm fine during the day, but from 6-10pm, I'm really hungry. Hmmmmmmm.......

I just got my third fill on December 21st, I was at 4.5cc's since November 4th, but no real weight loss however I did lost another dress size, so now I am between a 14/16 when I was at 20/22W at the time of surgery.

It was crazy when I went to see the Doc. because the receptionist told me he wasn't giving any fills because he is leaving town over the week and doesn't have a doc to cover him, I talk to him and he gave me .5 cc which bumped me to 5ccs I think I could use another cc to put me at my sweet spot, however, I have finally started to feel fuller sooner from eating and drinking liquids, so I know I am close. :)

There are definitly foods I can no longer eat which helps because my sweet tooth is mostly cakes and pies and chocolate, cakes and pies are now out, chocolate I have to limit myself or start walking more minutes in a day. :smile: