Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hehe wow thats exactly where i was just about 3 months ago.. msn i was so defensive i didnt tell anyone aside from 2 very supportive friends.. and my dad.. ooh that dad of mine just cant keep his mouth shit. I made him swear to keep this private untill im ready.. I go in and out of my pity parties till today.. but i promise you.. youll be having so many other parties the pity parties just have to come along to remind u of how great things will be...

in the meantime,, hey i love a pity party.. i was just having one earlier.. sorry I didnt invite you! i usualy liek to have them by myself!

stay strong! stay motivated! visualize ur goal.. u are on ur way to it as each day goes by!!

enjoy..

I think the remorse is normal. I have moments where for a brief second I think, "when I am better, I can eat that." and then it hits me, "Uh no you can't" I will never "be better", just like any other addict, no cure, but recovery.

The sabotage from friends has started. Suddenly my BFFs, who each have 2 kids and NEVER can go out to eat or socialize w/o kids, want to go out to eat and one is having a cocktail party next week. I mean really, these kids have been around for 14years and you won't take a walk to the corner w/o them and the month I get banded the parties start...... Oversensitive...yeah just a tad! LOL

I have my first out to dinner this Thursday w/ staff before report card night. I have a plan: stuffed shells and I will pick out the cheesy mixture. I know it is not LF, but it will be the best choice. The cocktail party is next week and I am bringing refried bean dip, so I can have some!

It is a series of ups and downs, both on and off the scale.

I also want to join this party. I was banded on Oct 1st. I lost 20 lbs on the pre op diet since surgery i've lost 15 lbs. All which came off the first 2 weeks, I have not lost any weight in a week. It's getting so frustrating to me. Asking why did i do this if i'm not loosing. I think i'm going to take the advice some of you gave about weighing yourself. I weight everyday and it's getting to me. Not seeing the scale move.

I'm on soft foods right now. My meals consist of about 1 cup. They tell me i can eat up to 1 1/2 cups but i don't want to in fear i'll gain weight. I have not been released to excersice yet so all i can do is walk.

I also am having a problem staying away from sweets. I am a true sweetaholic. Although i only eat 1 peice normally a snack size candy. I know this is not good.:cursing: I eat when i'm stressed and not seeing the scale move is stressing me the HELL out.:cursing:

Starting weight 252

Surgery date 232

Today 217

I started to keep my surgery thing secret.. and then one day I just started telling everyone. It felt so liberating and found that the people around me became very supportive of my decision and were excited for me. It was to me like finally admitting that I had a problem (my own little food 12 step program).

Even when I was still on liquids I sat with my family at the table and drank my liquids or had some Jello or Soup... when I moved to pureed and mushy I did the same thing, trying to fix meals that I could adapt to the food processor so I felt included. I haven't been out to a restaurant yet and it's been 3 weeks today since this started. I might try one tomorrow, but I'm planning ahead of where I can eat some mushier foods.

The scale started tormenting me at the end of week 2, just not dropping like it was so I stopped getting on it. I am tracking what I am eating and might try again with the scale tomorrow, but I can tell my clothes are looser and that feels good too.

I think part of the battle is accepting what you have done and sharing that acceptance with the people in your life.

Good Luck!

I'm having the same issues. It's weird adjusting to this. When I think about having meals with my family, it makes me sad. It's like I'm being left out of the festivities. And to be in a restaurant right now is weird. I'm still in liquids (2 weeks post op). Its honestly like seeing someone that used to be your friend or an ex and feeling that longing feeling. Like I broke up with food :(. And I've had many a moments where I've gone "Why have I done this to myself? I've made myself an outcast and took one of the few pleasures I have away from myself (food)?" but I think that's just 25 years worth of bad decisions calling out to me from the other side now. We're all a work in progress. Don't be discouraged. This is hard for sure but I think we'll be ok in the long run.

LOL DanBar! Too bad the keg isn't real!

The more I read here the more hopeful I am! Everything looks a whole lot better knowing that this feeling is temporary! Things can only get better from here!

Ahh...so what....so we have to diet for a while longer. At least it's no new concept! And now that more people know it only is making me work that much harder to lose a few! Isn't it funny how people react to the banding? They expect you to lose 50 pounds in a week! They always think it's the same thing as gastric bypass! Irritating!! Still trying to find the humor in it though!

Things could be worse, much worse! LIFE IS GOOD!:(

Look at that Heather...you came full circle via the magic of the thread you started...

Don't forget to invite us to the next party we will all be there to make your day a little brighter! :(