Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Simple Poll - If you had it to do over...

If you had it (surgery) to do over again, would you?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. If you had it (surgery) to do over again, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure - jury is still out.

I would definitely do it again! I do worry on occasion what will happen to the band in my stomach....I have lost 33kg so far (8 to go) and could not have done it without the band! I am exercising every day! My husband is now exercising with me so our lifestyle is so much healthier! I dont feel like i have to sit on the sidelines of life anymore, i can be involved and enjoying it! :):o

Not sure...

I'm trying right now to get back on track, so maybe I can change my answer in the near future.

no doubt about it, I actually like many wish I had many, many yrs ago

2-1/2 years out and YES, YES, YES. Absolutely, undeniably, unquestionably - YES.

Unwaveringly YES!

If I knew 20 yrs ago what I know now I probably wouldn't have ever been big enough to be a band candidate but that's what happened.

I am, however, confident that between the band, and my knowledge of how to control my metabolism, I will never regain the fat...

Brad

Unwaveringly YES!

If I knew 20 yrs ago what I know now I probably wouldn't have ever been big enough to be a band candidate but that's what happened.

I am, however, confident that between the band, and my knowledge of how to control my metabolism, I will never regain the fat...

Brad

Brad - OT question...but based on this statement and the line in your sig. I have a question. Tom Venuto? :thumbup:

Brad - OT question...but based on this statement and the line in your sig. I have a question. Tom Venuto? :lol:

Oh yah! :thumbup: Not to sound like an infomercial for him but he is a huge inspiration to me! I have learned so much by reading and applying his work! :)

Brad

Oh yah! :lol: Not to sound like an infomercial for him but he is a huge inspiration to me! I have learned so much by reading and applying his work! :)

Brad

Me, too! That's why I recognized it. :thumbup: I totally agree with his principles. I wish it was just more widely understood info. Everybody wants to argue it. Um, okay. Whatever. This way is easier, IMO, than VLCD...but whatever floats people's boats.

Me, too! That's why I recognized it. :) I totally agree with his principles. I wish it was just more widely understood info. Everybody wants to argue it. Um, okay. Whatever. This way is easier, IMO, than VLCD...but whatever floats people's boats.

Oh absolutely! IMO VLCD and insufficient exercise are huge factors in plateau's and mid process stalls! I don't view them (plateau's and stalls) as normal at all and most people rationalize to justify them. They happen for a reason, and that reason is because your body has adjusted to your routine.

My apology to LeighaMason for the hijack. :thumbup:

Brad

Edited by bambam31

I would not have went with Lapband, I would have had Gastric Bypass. I am almost 3 yrs out, and am at 50lbs loss. I will take the 50lb loss, but really thought I would have lost more by now.

As of surgery 5/3/2010

I am no longer taking diabetic or high-blood pressure or heart burn medication, I am sleeping better, no longer snoring and no longer sleeping in the spare bedroom....

HECK YEA I WOULD DO IT AGAIN.... WITHOUT A DOUBT.

I had to fight with tricare for way over a year to have this done. I believe that it was God's plan to make me wait and have it now. I'm only 3 wks banded but I already feel 100% better then I have in a very long time. I know I still have a ways to go and it's going to be hard but I am in it for the long haul. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. I will go ahead and say yes I was being selfish to get it done but it was for ME. I didn't want to be obese and loose yrs of my life and never see my kids finish growing up, see them get married and have babies of there own. Sorry it's just very emotional for me and with some people that are in my life they just don't get why I did it. Maybe one day they will...:thumbup:

I will go ahead and say yes I was being selfish to get it done but it was for ME.

Wow. I don't think it's selfish at all to want to be healthy and ALIVE for your family. :frown: I'm sorry that whomever it is in your life giving you grief is doling it out. Just realize that they'll never understand because they haven't been in your shoes. It's unfortunate, but it's their choice.

i'm so glad i found this thread.

i have to wait until aug 12 to get banded and every day i wish i was going in that week but we're going away in july so aug is the soonest i could get it.

it makes me confident that so many are happy with the results

Hell yes !!!