Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

December is only two days away!!! I am super EXCITED!!! even though I am 23 days into the month for my surgery I am so stoked that we are all getting to do this with the support of eachother! thanks illuminationlady for starting our december bandsters!!! cant wait!! i see you are a 22nd bandster.. so i hope your day goes well!!!

Hi everyone...I am in my final week before I have to do the two week pre-op liquid diet. My husband is overseas so I went ahead and began the day he left: Thanksgiving. I discovered after reading through alot of these posts that sugar free cremora is actually low carb. I could not find it but SAW A liquid cremora in with the milk products. I was looking for Hood dairy beverage...well.

I looked at the listing on the non-sugar free liquid cremora just to see how bad it was, and it was only about 20 calores and 2 carbs, so I got it. I got coconut creme, and I cannot tell you what a little tablespoon of it does in my liquid prpotein shake. YUM

I am going to get the Irish creme one, because I know I LOVE that. With these two, I can go on a long time. I am just about ready to stay on these liquids for the full six weeks after the banding, because I need to drop 150= lbs to get down to my normal weight.

I am now walking 2 miles in the gym every day, and doing Water aerobics. Other little stuff in the gym like ab crunches and upper body to help my posture a I walk, to help hold up this fat stomach.

I am in my thiurd day of liquid prtoein...loving it. I got the EAS and the Adkins shakes, and also got the Boost Glucose Free. Pricy, but I figure I can use one a day to boost my Protein intake up above the 60 that my Protein Shakes afford me.

The good thing about my Protein (it is called ProCal, and it has 7 carbs per packet, so I don't recommend it) is that I can take three of these packets, add a cup of yogurt (whole milk plain yogurt has 15 carbs/cup and skim milk fat free yogurt has 19 carbs/cup!!! go figure)

I add in the three prtoeins and the one cup of yogurt, and add it to a gallon of Water. Yep. A gallon. Then I add the cremora (not too much) and it tastes really good... I drink it as I walk the track...being this much overwieght (330 lbs) I sweat alot on the indoor track...

I have to sit down about every 7-10 laps depeneding on how early in the day I get over there...I wear a wet towel around my neck, (which keeps the body temperature low) and I just do it. A month ago I could not even walk 3 laps.

I now am walking 32 laps every day...IN ONE MONTH!!! The good thing about exercise is that it rewards you almost immediately. Much faster than cutting food, altho your body welcomes the chance to "heal" itself when we go to liquids.

I see the voereating as an illness that the body is trying to constantly rid itself of. Getting on the pre-op is like giving your body a rest from all the digestion gesticulations it has been going through for years, sometimes 24 hours a day, if we eat before we go to bed.

I feel really good this thrid day of my liquids. I recommend to everyone to start walking. My knees are bad, don't give me that. I also have arthitis and am going to be 64 years old...I weight 330 lbs and am 5'8". Anyone who does not believe they can do it can write the big engine that could at sara3t3t at yahoo dot com.

I will give you lots of encouragement because I am where you are and it is G-d who is pushing me and helping me. love to all of you...Hope to be banded around Dec 14th...getting my firm date in a few more days.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm getting banded on Dec 11. I just started my Pre-Op diet yesterday. This will take some getting used to. Hardest part was yesterday going through my cupboards and throwing away any tempting junk. I thought it was going to be a total liquid diet for the pre-op but it's not for me. They say to have 3 protien shakes and 2 small meals lean chicken or fish and no carbs, sugars or fats. Did anyone else do this as well ? My friend at work said he was on total liquids so I'm surprised.

I'm on day 8 of liquid and have lost 12 pounds. Day 3 was the worst but yesterday and today seem to be pretty hard also. I have been non stop hungry.

Terri

i get banded on DEC.11th and i started my pre-op diet yesterday no whites is what i was told meaning no rice,pasta,potatoes,breads. i think the next two weeks are going to suck

Welcome Newcomers!! Boy we have a lot of new people. So glad to have you. Be sure to join our group under Communities...Social Groups.

Everyone be sure to vote in our December Bandster Poll thread for our name and/or motto.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was my Last Supper. Now I'm just dieting. My doc doesn't require a preop diet. But does require I lose 10 lbs. I have found, not having the preop diet, I am just maintaining. I think on Monday I'll do the liquid diet with one meal a day because I weigh in a week from Monday. We will see.

Thanks to all for the suggestions with the shakes.

I'm not sure what to think today, but still trying to keeping positive! I have been giving my final insurance approval, which is AWESOME!! YAY YAY However, my chest x-ray came back abnormal, so I had a ct scan yesterday and have to wait to be cleared....I am so ready for my surgery date to be set in stone!! They told me they are still holding Dec 15th for me, but I want to know that NOTHING will postpone this. I guess I'm just ready for reassurance =)

Im gonna be banded on the 10th, very excited but also extremely nervous, this is my first surgery!! I started my pre-op diet yesterday, it has been very hard especially with all the leftovers from thanksgiving. Im only allowed to have 4 Protein Shakes and a couple Snacks which applesauce, yogurt or cream of soup(fat free). I cant wait to get this started!!!!

I know it's been a few days (I'm out of town), so I figured I'd better post an updated list. Because I've been away from the board and am using my husband's laptop, I am not 100% certain, I have everyone! Please send me a PM if you don't see your name, have a different surgery date, etc.

*Electrawoman, my thoughts are with you this weekend! You're the first!

Week 1

Monday, November 30: Electrawoman

Tuesday, December 1: RandaPanda, TheCutestFatty, terriamn, LALALUDE (tbd), great expectations (tbd), oceancity4me (tbd)

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite, Su59, Bobbie0918, austrolatrishy, take charge time, michelleisaac, nurseb24, lcdragna, BeeSwank, iamdabozz205

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130, Claudean, lapfish, homewith2, ganda, adevong, RAinNH

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA, cent, juke, syly14, NurseRachel, MyOldSelfBack, 1skinnychick

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, HappyMe2009, lpglarry, realtruelady, Yolly, kimr55760, Maureen62, gkc1300

Tuesday, December 8: Zanath, Veronda, this.is.4.me, pinklily27

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc, Irishbookworm, nursejojo, Pam92, tdtucker, SwanGal, ladons

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1, kellu25, karin joseph

Friday, December 11: Ernieschick, mmh, LindaO, sarahnoh, Kathryn2003, LindaO, Poppyred, texasnewf, soontobe, bounser

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (tbd), ceecee3272 (tbd), hhcurious, seraiah3

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma, slmsister, TinaM, ididit35 (tbd), alilash (tbd)

Wednesday, December 16

Thursday, December 17: librarychick, adagray, TracyW2, Melinco, drumr2112

Friday, December 18: bren5500; policy34, blondie219

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53. abbylamb, great expectations

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady, kimwash71112, NolaLola, Bamablondie1, 65DeuceCoupe, liz.rochelle, mandze90

Wednesday, December 23: danielle.hurstcrose

Thursday, December 24: teenbndster12

Friday, December 25

Week 5

Monday, December 28: alicia3138, tracyv12, Bamablondie1, XxMariposaxX

Tuesday, December 29: jrene17

Wednesday, December 30: TN_girl21, HapiCat, stampstalker, smitten kitten

Thursday, December 31

Edited by KarynA
more updates

I'm not sure what to think today, but still trying to keeping positive! I have been giving my final insurance approval, which is AWESOME!! YAY YAY However, my chest x-ray came back abnormal, so I had a ct scan yesterday and have to wait to be cleared....I am so ready for my surgery date to be set in stone!! They told me they are still holding Dec 15th for me, but I want to know that NOTHING will postpone this. I guess I'm just ready for reassurance =)

They're probably just taking extra precautions (which is awesome)...so don't worry. Be sure to tell me when I can delete the tbd after your name and remove the italics. :Yawn:

My fingers are crossed for you.

Hard to believe that December starts this week!

I went and ate at my favorite chinese buffet for lunch as I start my liquid diet this week. I am happy to say that it didn't taste near as good as I remember it to.

I am so eager for my appt on Wednesday to get all my pre-op ready.

i get banded on DEC.11th and i started my pre-op diet yesterday no whites is what i was told meaning no rice,pasta,potatoes,breads. i think the next two weeks are going to suck

Hey ..your date is the same as mine! I was told no whites too..but no liquid diet. Guess so many doctors have different ideas. Im on this for two weeks..and then the date!!!!! Hope to keep in touch

Poppyred

My date is the 22nd also. I am a teacher too and I need a week off without having to take off school.

Did you get your approval yet?

My date is the 22nd also. I am a teacher too and I need a week off without having to take off school.

Did you get your approval yet?

Hi Mandze and All,

My date is the 11th of December! I am self pay, Ouch! ..probabally a big reason for waiting so long. It is alot of money and I have personally earned it at my job in sales as commissions. I've had a great year! I kept telling myself that I'm not takin it from the family budget so its okay..but still feel guilty sometimes. Our insurance wouldn't of paid it anyhow, but even if we did have insurance that would of..I have no complications from my weight YET..can you believe that?? No high blood pressure, etc. Are you waiting for an approval. I'm thankful, that now that I've decided to do this that I don't have to rely on someone's approval accept for my husband's! He's a little concerned but has left it up to me as he knows my weight has been a large burden on me.

This is great getting to talk to others as Ive decided to keep it from everyone for now.

Thanks!

Edited by Poppyred