Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many...Fills, CC's, Pounds?

Just thought I'd check in with my fellow Freedom Fighters to see where we are.

I have had two fills and have a total of 4.4 cc's. My surgeon only does fills every eight weeks, which has had me a little bummed. However, I am in this for the long haul, so I will be content.

So far, I have lost a total of 48 pounds. 13 of those were pre-op, so I've lost 35 since my 7/7 surgery.

I was just wondering how I compare to other banded around my time.

So, let's hear it...where are you?

Hi Amy!!!

I have had 2 fills so far (at the end of August and the end of September). I have 3.6cc in my band. I was scheduled to go in for another fill at the beginning of November but I called and cancelled the appointment. My doctor had told me that I'd know I was at the right restriction when I was satisfied by eating small meals and stayed satisfied for several hours. I feel like I am in the "sweet spot" now. I have met that criteria but I really don't have any foods that get "stuck" or I PB with. I do restrict breads. I have found a low card tortilla that I like though. I mostly restrict my breads because of my insulin resistance not necessarily because of my band. I have been off my Glucophage since I got banded and I want to keep it that way. I have lost about 51 pounds so far.

Best wishes!

Becky <><

I was banded 7/6 and have lost 40 pounds. I have had three fills and finally feel like I may be at the sweet spot. I really have to chew my food and eat slowly. This is the first fill where I really have to do that. I am so glad because the will power was really starting to fail. More than pounds I notice that I feel more energetic, that people are noticing my weight loss, and I don't wear plus sized clothes anymore. I could technically shop at Lane Bryant but not for long!!!

Edited by leshers2x2

I was banded July 9, 09 and have lost 41 (maybe 42) pounds. 8 of those were pre-op.

I have had 2 fills and now have 5.3cc in what I was told is a standard AP 12cc band.

I am still very tight from my last fill and have much trouble with meat and anything that is like bread.< /p>

I have another fill appt. for Nov. 6th, but may reschedule that one. It may be too soon to add any more.

Okay, so I'm a little discouraged. I have had two fills 4cc???since 7/7 and lost 32 lbs. I haven't had ANY restriction yet but am still hopeful that I will get some at this next fill on thursday...please! Anybody else able to eat whatever they want with no restriction?:thumbup:

oops, now I've lost 43. .....had to change my ticker!

don't ya just love it when that happens?!

Tracy, Maybe your doc is a little more conservative with the amount s/he puts in each time. That could be a good thing in thelong run. You have lost great without restriction! I bet you will feel it with this next fill.

Tracy, I feel your pain. I don't feel like I have a lot of restriction as far as the amount I can eat, although I am starting to think that may be as much mental as physical. I do, however, suffer from the dreaded "first bite(s) syndrome." It seems that whenever I eat chicken or bread (and I shouldn't be eating bread) or about 1/2 of what I eat, it gets stuck for a few minutes. I am PBing way more than I should. I think I still have to learn to eat more slowly, etc. But once I clear it, I am fine and can eat and eat and eat. It's very strange, but I have seen from many other posts that this is probably temporary.

I have only had one fill. I learned at that fill that there was 3cc in the band at surgery, and I got 1.5 cc on Sept 16. I don't have another appointment till Nov 25. Yes, the day before Thanksgiving. Great.....

My weight loss has slowed dramatically. Part of that I attribute to letting my guard down on sweets & breads (the breads always get stuck, but not the sweets.....hmmmm.). I am working through that. I am trying to step up my exercise and just get back to basics. It's hard. I keep catching myself saying things I used to say that were destructive to my determination. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not that person any more. I am a fit person working toward a goal of a healthier lifestyle.

Hang in there Tracy. We will do this. In a year, we will be looking back and being thankful for these hard times that taught us something about our bands and ourselves, allowing us to move forward to that next step!

Congrats to all you big losers. Even though it's only 36 pounds for me, I am thrilled. I will get this weight off!!!!:wink2:

Wow..what amazing results--and some with very little fills (if any!)...thats something!

I have had 3 fills - first one was 5cc's..the 2nd one was 2 cc's and Wednesday i had 1cc. My band holds 11cc.

Ive lost 39.? - so i'm almost at 40 lbs. I have had weeks and weeks going upand down by a lb or two...I have felt that i can actually eat too much. Now this last fill, I think i finally feel the restriction i need. We will see.

I too have any many "stuck" episodes...and i truly attribute that to eating too fast or too big of pieces. Hey, i get hungry and take too big a bite and not chew enough and bam - I feel it. Saturday i starving..but i had a hamburger..chewed very very slow (was concerned cuz i didnt know, if i had a problem, if i could get into the bathroom quick enough)...i was happy and content with 1/2 of that burger - that says alot!

I am hoping that now I am at that sweet spot..i know that bandster hell stuff is real - cuz i truly had 6/8 weeks of it.

The coolest thing tho..i went and bought new jeans - two pairs -and i bought them in the REGULAR department - not the plus size area! Yay!!!!!! I was sooooooooo happy! My birthday is next week = and I have the coolest outfit to wear to my birthday luncheon !

:wink2:

I was band 07/13/09 and I am down 33 lbs all post op. I feel like I am losing really slow compared to some people. Last 2 weeks I have been up one pound then down one and then up one. Dr started me on a thyriod med and a new birth control pill and they are playing games with my weight. I have had only 2 fills for a total of 3cc.

3 fills 6.2cc, due for another fill but will not get it until after my trip to NY

Congrats to everyone on their loss so far!! I am down 65 total since I started lap band journey back in Feb 09 but since surgery I've lost 46 lbs. I have had 3 fills I believe and my dr said my weight loss has been awesome so I probably wont have to go back for a 4th. I think my band is almost full anyway...

Surgery 7/23/09 264

Today 10/26/09 218

Hi everyone. i was banded on 7-2, have had 4 fills, total of 5cc in realize c band. Down 50 pounds, and 16 inches. Keep up the good work everyone!

I am feeling pretty good about my LAP-BAND® right now. I was so discouraged after months of no restriction. Other bandsters post about "bandster hell" but you truly cannot appreciate it until you are in the midst of it. I got my 4th fill 5 CC's total and I have some restriction...FINALLY...woo hoo!!!! I've lost a total of 36 lbs since my 7/7 surgery date. No pb's or stuck episodes so I'm doing great on that front. I'm in onderland for the first time in six years and I think I'm going to stay!!! :Yawn:

banded 7/7, had 2 fills so i'm at 6.5cc's in a 14cc band. I'm due to go for another fill on dec 30th but i'm going to try to get in sooner if i can. Down a total of 36 since the week before surgery...(well i lost 16 pounds that was needed before surgery in the week and a half before...don't ask how I did it because I still don't even know how!) I definately have to eat slower and bread is a no-no...but i'm not losing. I'll lose 3, gain 3, etc....i'm starting to workout more but no matter how i eat i have to somehow break this plateau....