Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hi Gang...

I have been away for a couple of weeks too.. with good things happening.. I don't know how much weight I lost since my last "current" because I don't get on the scale.. I have a doc appointment on the 26th for a third fill so I will know then... however, a NSV... my pants and skirts are getting longer:):thumbup::)

I have found a need for some belts in the closet... the weight loss isn't huge but it is noticeable and clothes are getting rotated and I am wearing things I couldn't wear in two years...so that is great:):)

I have had a few 'stuck' moments.. or slow going through.. or , "oh my gosh that has to come up for me to feel better".... everytime I have one of those situations I am glad actually... it reminds me to not eat something, eat slower, or eat better.....so my Buddy Aid (my band name:) is helping me when I forget to help myself...

Hang in there everyone.. keep those updates coming.. this is a changing year for all of us and I love seeing the success stories...

Jen

I had the same problem with craving sweets at bedtime. The nutritionist told me it's ok to have a treat "once in a while", that I should focus on 90% nutrition, 10% pleasure. I eat only sugar free treats but yes, you have to be careful. I was overdoing it on chocolate covered toffee so I can't have it in the house anymore. I haven't lost any weight in a week and I bet it's because I was eating too many of those. Has anyone gone back to only liquids for a few days? I'm stuck at the same weight I used to get stuck at with weight watchers and it's VERY irritating! The other thing is, I keep losing inches on the bottom but not on top and I look like humpty dumpty! The exercise physiologist told me to focus on weights for back and chest, and starting this week I can finally do abs, so I am hoping this change will help.

Edited by MarilynJ6354

Just got my third fill yesterday. The doctor was very congratulatory on my success...made me feel good! In May, the Baritriac Center is sponsoring a "Clean out your closet" day and going to let us set up tables to sell our too big clothes. Very excited about that b/c I need to make some serious room for all my new littler clothes. :bored:

I had a second fill on Friday and was only able to take .2 cc! So now I have 4.2 cc in a 10 cc band. I, too, have been going through clothes like crazy. I spend a lot of time at Goodwill dropping stuff off. I need to shop there since my size changes monthly! I have gone from a size 18 to a 14 since January!

During a chat last week, we talked about our band stretching due to weight loss. I asked the doctor about that and he said he stitches the band to the stomach so it can't happen. He looked at my Livestrong reports and said it was the fat content and sodium that probably caused a plateau so early. I know the .2 cc is working because I can only eat half what I was able to a week ago...and that wasn't much!

Just got my third fill yesterday. The doctor was very congratulatory on my success...made me feel good! In May, the Baritriac Center is sponsoring a "Clean out your closet" day and going to let us set up tables to sell our too big clothes. Very excited about that b/c I need to make some serious room for all my new littler clothes. :glare:

Way to go, TxPrincess ! ! ! We were banded on the same day and are very close as to weight lost . . . I got my second fill on April 9, but haven't been able to tell a difference. I have been at about the same weight since April 6, and i'm getting frustrated. I think the first fill gave me 5cc in a 12 cc band, and the second one was for 2cc . . . my hunger creeps up on me if I don't eat something about every 3 hours, but then it takes more to make the hunger go away. Does it sound like I need another fill? This being stuck at this weight is depressing..... :bored: (Plus for those with a 12cc band, how many cc's did it take to get to your sweet spot??)

Barb, that's what happened to me and yes it was a sign I needed a fill and WOW what a difference. I was also told to eat more often but less each time, so now I eat tiny meals but 6 times a day now and the weight is already coming off, plus I am not overdoing it. The doctor said it's better to eat more often than to eat too much with fewer meals.

Barb, that's what happened to me and yes it was a sign I needed a fill and WOW what a difference. I was also told to eat more often but less each time, so now I eat tiny meals but 6 times a day now and the weight is already coming off, plus I am not overdoing it. The doctor said it's better to eat more often than to eat too much with fewer meals.

Marilyn634: Thanks for replying. I've called my doctor about getting a fill week after next, so am hoping the doctor will give me one since it's been four weeks since the last one. Surely, the third fill will make a big difference as I'm able to eat way more than I thought I would. Good luck and smooth sailing with your journey!!! :bored:

OK>...

Time for an update:):) I am happy.. I am sooooo happy with this band....I am happy to say that the weight is definitely coming off... more slowly than I want but am happy that it is forever....:crying::)

So far... down 32 pounds... I am so very excited... I love going to the doctor now... I love my new eating habits... I love it all....

I am almost to the point where I will hold off getting any more fills.. I have an appointment in two weeks and will make a decision the week before... I am almost at that "sweet spot"....the just right feeling....

How is everyone else doing?

Jennifer

Doing good--have not had a second fill yet--coming next week--down 36lbs since surgery!

Great work, everyone! :crying:

In 8 days, I'm going for my fourth fill. So far, I have 5 ccs in my 10 cc band. I am at that, "Did I actually have surgery?!" phase, because I feel nothing at all close to restriction.

I'm doing my own "no bread" rules, but I could eat it if I let myself. I'm trying very hard to make good food choices, but I'm in a rut, I think. Yogurt, granola, cottage cheese, yogurt, granola, cottage cheese, yogurt, granola, cottage cheese for lunch all week long at work for months now!

I'm looking forward to getting closer and closer to restriction. I've been flirting with the same 169 - 170 - 171 - 172 for a few weeks now. I still have a good 50 more pounds to go, but these few pounds are trying to drive me crazy. :)

All in all, though, I still love my band. Before I had surgery, I knew it would be slow weight loss, but it's now the reality and I'm frustrated at how slow it is. Hahahah. It's funny how our minds work.

I'm about to go closet shopping! I have some clothes that I haven't seen in years! :drool: Even my brand-new jeans are falling off of me. I love it!

I wasn't losing as fast as I hoped so I convinced my doctor to give me 2cc's at my latest fill, making it 6 in a 10 cc band. Later that day I could not even swallow Water, thought maybe the fill caused some swelling and it would go down. That night I woke up choking on my own saliva...even that wasn't passing. The next day I went on a shopping trip and left early so I didn't eat or drink anything before I went. I was hoping everything would have worked itself out by lunch time. No such luck...one sip of water and I felt awful. Finally on the third day I went back to the doctor and he took 1cc out. Now I am at 5cc's and am finally on track. I lose about a pound or two a week and it's going well. I don't have a huge variety of foods that I eat, but seafood and nuts and seeds seem to be doing me well. Only thing is now, I notice my hair is just plain awful. Don't know if it is the change in diet, but it feels dirty even after I wash it and does it's own thing most of the time. Maybe I just need a cut, but I think something in my body is causing this change, but hey- if that's the worst thing that is going to happen on this journey, I'll take it!

Pre surgery 286

Day of surgery 251

Today 219

Goal 145

Height 5'8"

Edited by Kate E.

This is so awesome.. it sounds like we are all right on target... I too went from 18 to 14 since Jan 26:):thumbup: LOVE IT....

Yesterday I didn't Iron my normal skirts for teaching and had to throw on my 16's.... the fun NSV was that I could get it on and off without unzipping and tugging over the hips.. annnnnddd I had to roll the top so they would fall down when I walked...:):)

Now I am also putting stuff to the side for goodwill.. the only problem, I really like some of my skirts so now I am flirting with the idea of do I get new ones or get these altered.... I like this problem....:biggrin::)

I will tell you that I do have to focus on cooking my Proteins ahead of time so they are ready to eat fast when I am on the run.. like my chicken.. cook it up and keep it in the fridge for quick Protein food.< /p>

I have tried those Protein Shots and they are not too taskty so I think I have to force myself to drink them...

Keep posting everyone.. you are motivating me...

Jennifer

Been awhile since I've checked in here...hi everyone! I'm doing great - down almost 60 pounds now! I've had five fills for a total of 9cc in a 14cc band, and it wasn't until the last fill of 1cc last weekend that I've really started to feel the difference in my eating habits. I thought I was good with 8cc, but a month and a half went by (with 2 doctor visits and no additional fills), and I was still able to eat larger portions than I wanted to...and the scale showed it. My clothes are looser, I'm eating less (and, more importantly, more healthily!) and loving my band life!

I still have those moments, though, where "GOSH I WANT NACHOS!" I even buy something...this week was a hamburger and fries from a fast food joint because I hadn't planned ahead and brought food with me. Three french fries in and I gave the entire $8.00 meal to a colleague who hadn't eaten all day...I was already stuck (despite chewing slowly), and had no problem handing over the 2,000+ calorie meal :thumbup:

Oops...double post!

HEY JAN BAND BUDS!!

So...here's my update. I'm down 48.5 pounds since my banding Jan. 12. I too have found times when I eat and the band reminds me that I shouldn't. It's odd that sometimes I can eat certain foods -- salad for example -- and sometimes I can't. So if I'm out to eat, I tend to order foods I'm sure about -- Soup, eggs, ,,lest I do the public sliming thing. I have slimed a lot. Soooo dissssgusting. I leave June 21 to go to LA for my brother's wedding. I remember thinking months ago that my "goal" was to lose 50 pounds before his wedding and I'm 1.5 pounds away from that first goal. It feels great. I gave away my "fat" clothes and someone asked me if I was certain I'd never get that fat again. My reply was that I've lived long enough to know that nothing is certain. But I do feel that the tool of the band is a huge asset and will help me keep the weight off. I'm now about half way to my goal. I feel very grateful, my RA is in much better shape, plus -- vanity alert -- I am so much cuter and have to admit that I'm enjoying the "cute woman" attention. I'm always here to cheer all of you on, especially my amaxing bud WISCONSIN JEN...:thumbup: