Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cream Cheese

Has anyone heard of the Atkins Fat Fast? There is a list of food you can eat to total 1000 calories a day for three days. This is to break past a plateau. The foods you can eat have the perfect fat to Protein ratio.

One of these foods is cream cheese. I was wondering if on the Mushie stage you could eat cream cheese? Since it has the perfect ratio wouldn't it be good to eat during that stage?

Just wondering. I do think I could actually stick to the 1000 calories after being banded!

Yum!! Cream cheese!! It sure sounds like it could be amushy. I could eat regular cheese during my mushy stage. Don't see why cream cheese would be any different. You should post a sample of that 3 dat menu to follow. I know those plateus can be tuff to buge sometimes!

What is the Fat Fast?

WARNING: This method will not help you lose weight fast! Only try this if you are metabolically resistant.

The Fat Fast diet is structured especially for metabolically resistant people. It's designed to push your metabolism into ketosis. You will eat a 1000-calorie a day, 90% fat diet by dividing the food into small portions and eating them at different times of the day.

Try dividing 1000 calories into five 200-calorie portions.

SUGGESTIONS FOR 200-CALORIE PORTIONS ARE:

• 2 oz of sour cream, containing 1 tbs. of caviar, served on 3-4 Pork rinds.< /span>
  • 2 deviled egg halves, served not in the whites, but on pork rinds.
  • Graham Newbould's Pate for Royalty (2 oz.) served on the soya bread.< /span>
  • 2 oz of chicken salad made with triple the usual amount of mayo (of ham salad, egg salad, shrimp salad.)
  • 1 oz of the above in a half avocado
  • 1 oz of macadamia nuts (or walnuts, or other nuts that fit the 90% fat criteria.
  • 2.5 oz of whipped heavy cream, artificially sweetened, with ground vanilla Beans
  • 2 oz of cream cheese

Remember, you are not trying to eat a gourmet meal plan, but are trying to push yourself into ketosis.

I have tried it and it works, but it makes me VERY hungry. But I am not banded yet.

Interesting...I am metabolically resistant, this much I know!! I'd be willing to do something a bit similar...I can't stand pork rinds...but cream cheese, avocados, macadamia nuts, deviled eggs, chicken salad...I could eat that in a day. So you say it breaks a plateau, right? Man, that's alot of fat. I'll let you know if I try it.

Another thought, yes, cream cheese would be fine during the mushy phase (check with your doc, though) but remember, it's more important to get your calories in during the mushy phase using whatever foods you can, than to be concerned about following a diet meant for weight loss. Mushies are for healing! Make sure your main concern is healing and not weight loss during the healing phase. Any weight you lose post-op is just a bonus!

Just for fun I went out to fitday to see what a day eating like this would look like and it looked pretty scary to me. I couldn't locate the caviar or the pate they specified so my totals are a tad off. Calories 1169 Fat Grams 107 Carbs 22 and Protein 38. However, these fats are overwhelmingly monosaturated fats(the good kind).

Totals 1169 107 22 38

In talking with my Dr. it seems like he wants me to stay away from the "bad" carbs. (white sugar, flour, etc.) That diet sounds like it would be delicious and do a lot of good.

What have your Dr.'s told you about eating? I am a FIRM believer in staying away from sugar once I am banded, just to help with the weight loss process. Actually my Dr. put me on a low carb diet until I have surgery. (Supposed to shrink your liver?)

I don't even worry about the fat as long as it is "Good" fats...

Has anyone started this or tried it. I would be so scared that eating that much fat and stuff would make me put on weight, which is what I so dont need right now after putting on a few kgs the last couple of weeks.

I have done it, but don't have a band yet. Remember you are choosing five things off of the list, not eating everything on the list. Your calories will be right at 1000. Without a band it is hard, but it works rather quickly. When I hit a plateau I go on this for 1-2 days and boom... I have lost 4 + pounds. It is not recommended for long term use.

I just thought that cream cheese would be easy on the tummy and it is a perfect fat/protein ratio.

Done it many a time grasshopper! It does work as long as you stick to it..... (meaning it works for me) but Low Carb ALWAYS works for me.... it's in my body chemistry.

Also.... a good mushie is the "Mock Danish" 1 egg, 1 oz cream cheese, dash of cinn, 1-2 packets of splenda.... stir and pop in the microwave for 1 minute (a bit more or a bit less)

makes like a custard type concoction........ there are as many variations as their are ideas......... it is warm, it is full of protien, it is filling..........