Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Don't Know it....BUT.....we're all about to be great friends!!!

rinachick~You are my hero!!..Seriously....62lbs since August!!...do share your secrets!!!!

Hi All.

Getting banded on Nov 6th.

Wedah

I just wanted to say wtg and good luck. bet thing i have ever done besides marring my husband and having 2 beautiful kids.

rinachick~You are my hero!!..Seriously....62lbs since August!!...do share your secrets!!!!

I would love to know what you eat and do in a day of your life. I want to loose 60 by Dec 31st.

Hi Everyone, The liquid phase is not that bad as long as you are getting the Protein in to keep full. I was lucky. I only had to be on liquids for 1 week, then mushies for 1 week and then full food. Now I am going for PS on Friday 11/06/09. I was banded on 3/27/09. I am now down 170lbs. I have never ever thought that I was going to be successful, but if I can do this than everyone can. My husband was banded on 6/12/09 and is now down 70lbs. So we keep each other motivated. Good luck to everyone!!!

Katie K.

Could you share some of your secrets. what do you eat in a day and do you exercise? I have a goal and would love to be able to meet it.

Hi Diana, Some of my secrets were not really secrets. I pretty much let everyone know what I was doing so I had a lot of support. Also in the beginning I made sure that I followed the nutrician guidelines pretty close. I did not sweets for a long time to break myself of the habit. Otherwise one little bit would have lead to the entire bar or bag of candy. Now I can have 1 bite and feel happy with only 1 bite.

What I eat in a day- in the morning I am really restricted so I usually have a double tall non-fat sugar free vanilla latte. Then for lunch I will usually have some lunch meat and a piece of cheese. Then for dinner I will have some Protein either fish or chicken. Then snack at night is usually popcorn or sugar free pudding, or a skinny cow ice cream.

I do exercise. I really did not start to exercise hard core until the end of February of this year. Now it is Water aerobics 2x a week for an hour, weights 3x a week, other cardio 4x a week and yoga for an hour 2x week. I will be honest and say that I have been slacking the last couple of weeks. I did not want to be exposed to the germs at the gym because I am having surgery on Friday. :drool:

I am glad to hear that you have a goal. I made mini goals for myself because my end goal was so huge in my mind, that I needed to distract myself. The mini-goals were easier to meet for me.

Katie K.

Hi Diana, Some of my secrets were not really secrets. I pretty much let everyone know what I was doing so I had a lot of support. Also in the beginning I made sure that I followed the nutrician guidelines pretty close. I did not sweets for a long time to break myself of the habit. Otherwise one little bit would have lead to the entire bar or bag of candy. Now I can have 1 bite and feel happy with only 1 bite.

What I eat in a day- in the morning I am really restricted so I usually have a double tall non-fat sugar free vanilla latte. Then for lunch I will usually have some lunch meat and a piece of cheese. Then for dinner I will have some Protein either fish or chicken. Then snack at night is usually popcorn or sugar free pudding, or a skinny cow ice cream.

I do exercise. I really did not start to exercise hard core until the end of February of this year. Now it is Water aerobics 2x a week for an hour, weights 3x a week, other cardio 4x a week and yoga for an hour 2x week. I will be honest and say that I have been slacking the last couple of weeks. I did not want to be exposed to the germs at the gym because I am having surgery on Friday. :thumbup:

I am glad to hear that you have a goal. I made mini goals for myself because my end goal was so huge in my mind, that I needed to distract myself. The mini-goals were easier to meet for me.

Katie K.

You have done so well if such a short time. I am doing well but I know that I could be doing better. I have not had bread or junk in months but i am having a hard time with other carbs. Pasta and potato's is my downfall. If I could just cut out a little bit of this I could be doing better. I want to be down 60 by dec 31st. I have 24 to go. I was banded on sept 4th and I am so proud of what I have down already. Another thing I need to do is log my food. I have no idea how many calories I am having in a day. I have been walking a good walk 3 to 4 times a week for 2 months now for 45 min. I am not sure if that is even helping though.

Hi Diana, you are lucky to be able to eat potatoes. I am unable to tolerate them. So in a way I guess that is a good thing. :thumbup: I noticed that I started to lose more weight when I introduced some weight lifting. Not a lot just a little. At first I would walk with hand weights. That seemed to help, until I started going to the gym. Good luck and you will get to your goal.:cursing:

Katie K.

hello everyone. i have posted a few posts but i have not introduced myself. my name is Diana and i am married 9 1/2 years with to beautifully children. Julie 7 and Steven 6.

i have always been overweight but in 1995 things changed for me and i gained 140 pounds in one year. this is where i have been for the past 13 years. I have been thinking about the lap band for years and in June something made me pick up the phone and find a Dr.

i was banded on sept 4th of this year and it was the best decision i have ever made. i had my first fill in Oct. they put in 3cc but had to take out 1cc because it was to much. i am looking forward to my next fill om Nov 16th. The other people in the office making there appointment asked me if i was sure if i wanted to get a fill so close to Thanksgiving and I said yes. they said that i am very brave to do that and i told them that i am just serious about making this work. look at me this is what 34 Thanksgivings have given me. and i don't want it anymore.

I look forward to talking to all of you and getting your tips of keeping going.

Sorry it took so long to get back on here guys. School has been killing me lately. First, let me say that I started out with a lot of weight to lose, which I think influences how fast you lose. In the moring, I normally have yogert for Breakfast. For lunch, I have lunchemeat and cottage cheese or fish and cottage chesse (or leftover dinner from the night before). Dinner, I eat with my family, I have just switched to healthier recipes. For example, tonight we are having individual pizzas made with low carb tortillas, canadian bacon, mushrooms, and feta cheese. I eat a cup or less of food at each meal. (my dr says as long as it's not over a cup you are fine). I drink either Water or poweraide zero, because I do have trouble getting the amount of water I need in so the electrolites in the poweraide zero help. I hit the gym five days a week, 3 weight training sessions for 30min and 2cardio sessions at 45 min. This is from the person who used to hate grocery shopping because it involved too much walking!LOL. I follow my Dr rules, and if I need a snack, I have something high Protein. This might not work for everyone but it works for me! Oh, and sorry for the spelling mistakes!

Hello everyone! I turned 30 in October (still coming to terms with that fact), and have been married for nearly 5 years and am the mother to one adorable little 4 year old. I'm getting banded on December 21, and I can't wait, as I have 90-some pounds I'd like to lose for good. Glad I found this thread, looking forward to keeping up with all of you!

Hey Ms. Abby!...Welcome to the group!!....December 21st!!..YAY...I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!!!....

As for dealing with being in your 30's...welcome again girl!!...*laughs*..

My surgery is on Wednesday...and time has gone so quickly!...do keep in touch...it would be great to have a few people to email back and forth to share the journey with!!!....feel free to email me at michaelrr@knology.net

Aileen

Hi Neener! Pleased to "meet" your aquaintance! Good luck this Wednesday. You have to let me know how it goes! I'm so excited for you. And as far as being 30 goes, I just keep telling myself that this surgery is the first step towards the best decade of my life!

Hi all! I'm Jill. I'm 31. I've been banded for almost a year, one year in Feb to be exact. I've lost 96 pounds to date. I've never felt better or been happier. My only regret is that I would have done this years ago.

I am Brad in San Antonio and have just completed 4 of 6 weightloss visits. I will be using Dr. JJ Gonzales and hope surgery will be in May or June of 2010. That is the plan anyway.

Hi all... I am getting banded April 22, 2010. I am a married mom of 2. 1 boy (2) and 1 girl (7) I believe that my kids deserve a mom and not just a lump on the couch and that my husband deserves a trophy wife. I am 97% doing this surgery for my health benefit and quality of life and 3% doing this surgery for them. I have a great support system at home but would love some friendly support from someone going to have surgery or someone who has already had surgery. Can't wait to hear from you all.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets so, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it!!