Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Don't Know it....BUT.....we're all about to be great friends!!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Mary and I am going to be banded on Nov 18. I am 32 and live in Virginia. I have an amazing 3 year old son and am in the middle of a not so fun divorce for the past 2 years... and 50ish pounds. UGG!

I am sooo excited to have this done, but also getting very nervous/anxious!

I have 5 drs visits between now and then with nutritionists, testing, all that fun pre-op stuff and start my Optifast on Nov 9.

I am currently within 5 pounds of my highest weight ever - around 292. YUCKO!

It's nice to "meet" you all and I agree with Neener that we are all about to become great friends! :cursing: Best of luck to all!

Hi Neener, I am sorry I typed in the wrong date of banding surgery. I was banded 03/27/08. So I am going on my 19th month post band. I did lose 120 in one year and that was a personal goal for myself. I did not think I was going to be able to do that. So I have slowed a bit in the weight loss area, but I am ok with my progress.

Katie K.

Holy Smokes Potatie!!...You have done AMAZING!!...I have to admit I haven't even been banded yet and already find myself "self doubting"...did you do that?....I think after you have tried so many things to loose weight you begin to wonder if ANYTHING will work!...or is it just me??

Counselor-Is-In....so excited to see your post!...We are being banded on the same day!!!....YAY!!...So sorry to hear about your divorce...that is horrible...but wonderful you have a little guy!...I have 2 boys...ages 5 and 10 and just want so much to be the mom they deserve!!...Because I have already missed out on so much...I feel they have cheated at times!....

Hi Neener I am beeing banded 2 days before you and I'm a 30 year old mom of 3 amazing kiddos 2 boys 1 girl. I have a great hubby that was a little resistant at first but is supportive now. Looking forward to keeping in touch with you guys.

soocalchic~so glad you found this thread!!!...How exciting that we are so close in Op dates!!...Be sure to let me know how it goes for you!!!...How are you feeling??...Excited?..Nervous?....I am nothing but excited at this point!...I'm so sick of being fat I can't take it anymore!!! *laughs*....How old are your kids?....Look forward to being in touch!!!:thumbup:

soocalchic~so glad you found this thread!!!...How exciting that we are so close in Op dates!!...Be sure to let me know how it goes for you!!!...How are you feeling??...Excited?..Nervous?....I am nothing but excited at this point!...I'm so sick of being fat I can't take it anymore!!! *laughs*....How old are your kids?....Look forward to being in touch!!!:thumbdown:

I'm still kinda numb I am trying not to think about it too much or I will freak myself out lol. My kids are 9,7 and 2 years old. I will let you know how it goes.

Hi Neener,

I was banded Aug. 27, 2008, so I just made 14 mts. As of last month I had lost 130 pounds. I feel great and I'm off most of my meds. The only thing is in the last month my thryoid has gone out of wack and is now over active( found this out after having horrible hives for 5 weeks) :thumbdown: I never had a thryoid problem before. Weird thing is I have no symptoms of over active. Other than that I have not had any problems and don't regret it at all. Only wished I would have done it sooner. I am 32 (almost 33 in Dec) married and I have two daughters 14, and 8 from Louisiana. Good luck on your upcoming banding. If I can be of any halp let me know.:thumbup:

Hi Neener, I did have self doubt all the time. I still have a hard time believing that I have been able to lose weight. I have been over weight my ENTIRE life. This is the smallest I have EVER been. So keep trucking along. Day after day. I tend to do better if I only focus on today and not worry about the tomorrow. Then it did not seem to be that big of a goal to get to. I also celebrated mini goals without food. Such as manicures and pedicures with my friends, painting pottery, shopping, etc. That was a lot of fun to look forward to. Now my goal is to get to November 6th, PS day. YEAH!!!

Katie K.

mommie2~thank you so much for your kind and inspiring response!!...How exciting!...130lbs!!...You are a great example to all of us!! Best wishes getting your thyroid under control!..

Potatie....I am SO EXCITED for you!!....huge kudos on your upcoming PS!...I cannot wait to get to that point on my journey! I can tell by your words how estatic you are on your success!!...I will be in touch and bouncing ideas and suggestions off of you I am sure :thumbup:....You go girl!:thumbdown:

Hi, All!

Thought I should jump right in. My name is Amy, 34, two kids (DS is 6 months, DD is 23 months), and a DH (most of the time that stands for dear, but not always. :sad: ).

I am self-pay as my insurance has a WLS exclusion. My parents are actually paying - very generous of them, and I am extremely grateful. I have my appt with my surgeon on 11/3, and assuming all goes well, am very much hoping to have surgery scheduled the week of Thanksgiving. I have 175 lbs or so to lose. UGH. But I am confident that I can do it.

Amy

Hi everyone!

I am just starting out on the process and am so excited to hear about all of your experiences - you all are amazing! I am single with no kids and no hubby, but I do have a brother who was banded 3 years ago and is an amazing support for me. I have my first appointment with the surgeon in 2 weeks. I just found out that my insurance requires 6 months of meeting with a nutritionist before they will approve the surgery. I am ready to get going and waiting 6 more months is a bit frustrating, but I know the wait will be worth it in the end.

I look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

:Yawn:

Hi Heather!....Nice to "meet" you!!! :Yawn: I am so excited to hear you are doing so well!!!....I look forward to getting to "know" someone who is sharing what I am going through!!!....I am married....to an amazing man who loves me regardless.....and I have 2 beautiful boys ages 5 and 10.....I am truly blessed in my life and look forward to being able to actually being an active part of my family again!!!....

Would love to hear about your first few weeks after being banded....were you starving until your first fill?? How was that??? Any information you could share I would really appreciate!!!

Aileen

I really wasn't starving because what I did if I got hungry I ate. I always kept fresh fruit and veggies on hand in case I got hungry.

Yea it's nice to finally be an active member of society. I used to hate any kind of exercise and now I LOVE it. It's sick. Taking walks, chasing my nephews around, and doing aerobics I love it all. I am so loving my life right now. Too bad it took me this long to do this.

Hi neener, Feel free to bounce off ideas on me. :Yawn: If there is anything I can help with I am glad to. :laugh:

Katie K.

Time to be Free~You are very blessed to have a DH (most of the time anyway):biggrin:Mine is the same way! *laughs*....how great of your parents to help you out!...Mine would have done the same if need be!....

I have about 120-130 to loose!...very daunting if you think too much about it!....:lol: so I'm trying to NOT fosus on the numbers but rather the journey and relearning to appreciate the "simple" things in life!...We can do this!!

nat@the beach~ I'm sure the 6 month wait is frusturating!...Initially I was denied by insurace because I was missing a weight on my Dr. notes. I was so disheartened!...I actually scheduled my surgery in Mexico because I was self pay!...Then...in the matter of 2 days I decided I pay for insurance...I would NOT let them say no....I got medical records from 2004...and in less than 4 hours I was APPROVED!....good things will come for you!...just do what you need to do for the next 6 months!!!!...and Keep US POSTED!!!:Yawn:

Potatie~ YOU'RE THE BEST!!! :laugh:

Hi guys. I am not quite 30 yet, but am almost there. I got banded on 08/11/09 and after today's weigh in at the dr office (yeah on a saturday, my doc is currently working at our clinic and a hospital, so I go when he can fit me into his schedule) I have lost 62 pounds and am 7 away from the first mini goal I set for myself. Getting the band is the best decision I have ever made, for me and my family. I have 2 daughters ages 9 and 3, and a wonderful husband that I have been married to for ten years. Just wish I would have done this sooner!