Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Don't Know it....BUT.....we're all about to be great friends!!!

Hi guys and guys....I'm Neener from the State of South Dakota....I am getting banding on the 18th of November.....I have 2 boys ages 10 and 5 and an amazingly supportive hubby whom I adore!!!.....

I just want to start of by aswering the question "would I wear a mini skirt?" that was posted.....and my answer.....HECK to the YEAH!!!! *laughs*......

Lets jump on this crazy 30's wagon and introduce our selves and make nice!!!

Look forward to meeting you all!:thumbup:

Hi Neener!!! WElcome and congrats to getting your surgery date. Good luck especially since the holidays are right around the corner. You are brave getting banded this time of year!!

Anyway, my name is Heather, I just turned 33. I'm not married and don't have any kids yet. LibbyJane is my dog and I have a cat named Jake. I got banded on January 28, 2009 and I haven't looked back since. i've learned a new appreciation for exercise in the 9 months i've been banded as well as a new appreciation for fruits and vegetables. I am loving life right now and I am so completely happy!!! Life is great!!!

Hi Heather!....Nice to "meet" you!!! :blushing: I am so excited to hear you are doing so well!!!....I look forward to getting to "know" someone who is sharing what I am going through!!!....I am married....to an amazing man who loves me regardless.....and I have 2 beautiful boys ages 5 and 10.....I am truly blessed in my life and look forward to being able to actually being an active part of my family again!!!....

Would love to hear about your first few weeks after being banded....were you starving until your first fill?? How was that??? Any information you could share I would really appreciate!!!

Aileen

Hi, Neener! I am a 31 year old mommy of 3 boys (twins who are almost 7 and a 15 month old) and I also have an incredibly wonderful hubby! I was banded Aug. 5th and have lost 35 lbs so far and have had 2 fills. I'm scheduled for a 3rd full this Thursday. I have had no complications! I love it so far and feel great! Good luck to you!

:smile2:Hey Skinny31!!....Nice to "meet" you!!...I am SO excited to hear that you are doing so well!!!....

If you would like to share how your first couple of weeks post op were that would be amazing!!!

Hey Wedah!...Welcome aboard!!....Looks like we're just not even 2 weeks apart in our banding times!!....I am getting banded on the 18th of November....I can't wait....feels like it will never get here!!!:thumbup:

Hi,

Being banded 01/05/10. Can't wait.

Hi Everyone!!

I was banded 7/6/09 and I have lost 40 pounds so far. My motivation for getting banded was my children. I have two sets of twin boys ages 7 and 4. I didn't want to be the mommy who sits on the side and doesn't play with them. I now have so much energy. I bought a bike and love taking them on bike rides!! The band is the best thing that I have ever done for myself.

Post op for me wasn't that bad. I was in the hospital only over night. I didn't need the prescription pain meds after the first day at home. I was so ready for mushy food by the second week because you can only eat so much Jello, yogurt and broth before you want to go crazy!!

Hey there- I was banded on 10/14/09. I have (or will be) on full liquid diet (post surgery) for two weeks. I get to start mushie foods on Wednesday the 28th and I cannot wait.......Let me back up a bit....I am 37-not married/no kids. My highest weight ever was 250, the day I went to the WLS seminar I was 242, surgery day was 220 and today am 211. The liquid stage is getting seriously BORING.......It's hard, but worth it. I think what makes it harder is that I have been off work this whole time (due to the physical demands of my job). This leaves too much time to think about being hungry- despite my best efforts to stay busy, walk, etc. However, when I go back to work I am hoping that it will get somewhat easier. I would love, love, love to stay in touch with you all and support one another through this. It is extrememly helpful!!!!! I wish all of you the best of luck. message me anytime....I will "friend" yall!!! :thumbup: Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Joyce13 and congratulations on your band date!!...Keep in touch and let us know how things go for you!!!

Leshers2X2...40lbs is AMAZING...way to go girl!!! 2 sets of twins??...Oh my goodness you are a warrior!! *laughs*...what a blessing the little ones are!!! I completely get where you are coming from not wanting to just sit and observe...I feel the same way....I feel like a spectator in their lives as well as my own!!! Thank you for sharing your post op with us....do keep in touch and keep up the great work!!!

Questions09...GREAT to "see" you!! :thumbup: You should be so proud of yourself!...I am truly terrified of the liquid phase!!..But am absolutely estatic to get started!...I am doing pre op right now....and so far so good!!....I am hoping to go back to work 1 week post op....I work as a surgical assistant so I will be on my feet all day!!!....I would also love to keep in touch!.....Lets all "band" together and support one another!!!!

Hi Everyone, The liquid phase is not that bad as long as you are getting the Protein in to keep full. I was lucky. I only had to be on liquids for 1 week, then mushies for 1 week and then full food. Now I am going for PS on Friday 11/06/09. I was banded on 3/27/09. I am now down 170lbs. I have never ever thought that I was going to be successful, but if I can do this than everyone can. My husband was banded on 6/12/09 and is now down 70lbs. So we keep each other motivated. Good luck to everyone!!!

Katie K.

Potatie:...You have lost 170lbs in 7 months???...OMG...You are AMAZING!!!...congratulations!!!...you should be so proud of yourself!...Let us know how you did it!!!.....good luck with your surgery on Friday!...Keep us posted...I'm sure you look fabulous!

:smile2:Hey Skinny31!!....Nice to "meet" you!!...I am SO excited to hear that you are doing so well!!!....

If you would like to share how your first couple of weeks post op were that would be amazing!!!

About my first couple of weeks, I was dragging rear until about the night of day 7 and into day 8....that's when I notice feeling normal again. I had lost 13 lbs in 5 days and felt terrible! As far as the surgery itself....I was outpatient and was released around noon to go home. The pain medicine hyped me up, so I couldn't even sleep that day or night! No fun! Day 2 was definitely the worst for pain, but after that it really got better fast! I was only a little sore for a couple of days after that. The post-op diet was not hard for me to follow b/c I didn't want to mess anything up!!! I wasn't about to compromise my band for my own stupid food cravings! I teach and had to start inservice days after 10 days and back to school after 2.5 weeks and felt more than ready to get back to work. I felt fine! No one at work knows about my surgery, which has been interesting when they notice I'm not eating much. Oh well....keep 'em guessing!

Good luck to you! If you have anymore specific question, just ask!

Thank you for sharing!..I truly appreciate it!...I have only taken 1 week off work post op. I work as a surgical assistant so I will be on my feet all day....I had a hysterectomy in January and bounced back pretty quickly....

What was your band date?