Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Catherine congrats to you! I just finished reading your blog and I am stoked!!! You're so enthusiastic. It's been years since I've felt that way. I miss the old enthusiastic, fun loving me and I'm looking forward to getting me back!

Thanks for your post. Oh and, since I created this thread, my husband has gotten onboard. I've completed ALL my pre-op tests and now I'm just waiting for a surgery date.

Yay us!

So glad to read that your husband has gotten on board. I am fortunate in that the few people I have told have been very supportive.

Congrats on finishing your pre-op testing. Hope you get a surgery date soon! Good luck to you!

Drasan, congratulations for getting this far! I'm glad your husband is on board.

Many of my friends expressed concern. Most of them were willing to listen and have been very supportive. There was one person who went so far as to post something about me on another web site, and received the negative comments we have all heard: "I know someone who had that surgery and ..." fill in the blanks.

Let us know when you get your surgery date!

Drasan, that is great news!! Congratulations! :thumbup:

Since my last post, I am now in a size 10 and am 8.2 pounds from goal! The band really does work, and I am excited to see all of your progress during the next year! :woot:

Best wishes,

Catherine

Good for you for taking the steps for you!!!!My husband had to come around too--the only difference is he is obese is well, but because he is 6'5" his weight is not as taxing on the body, in fact, he looks smaller than me. He is even going to try the pre-op diet now. I found with him, it was his own personal insercurity--thinking I will leave him for some skinny dude! lol Thank you to this site because I has given me the confidence about what I am doing.

What I share now with non-obese nay-sayers who say just loose the weight is obesity is a medical condition that leads to death--how many severely or terminally ill patients do you say just treat yourself and do not seek medical treatment for your condition? None, in fact, you try to get the best medical care possible. The LapBand is treatment for a disease that can help you, other bandsters, and myself finally win the war!:thumbup:

Thank you for posting that. I too am 54 and have a husband who does not want me to do this. I have 100 lbs to lose. I have been overweight for only 12 yrs but it is starting to affect my health big time. The scales keep going up and I have to do this for me. I am miserable and don't want to die in my 60's.

Thank you for posting that. I too am 54 and have a husband who does not want me to do this. I have 100 lbs to lose. I have been overweight for only 12 yrs but it is starting to affect my health big time. The scales keep going up and I have to do this for me. I am miserable and don't want to die in my 60's.

Do what you can to educate your DH on this. Take him to your seminar, doc appts., show him internet sites, etc. The more a person understands about the LB procedure, the better they are at accepting it.

I, too, felt like you are feeling just a couple of years ago. My DH has been so supportive all along. He knew how miserable I was. I was approaching 250lbs....249 was my top weight. I could not walk any distance without getting winded, exercise was out, I had more or less given up.

I had been researching the LB for quite some time b/4 getting up the nerve to do this. I can tell you that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. :scared2:

Thank you so much. By the way you look great. What an inspiration.

Thank you so much. By the way you look great. What an inspiration.

Thank you for the compliment. If you set your mind to it and make good, healthy food choices, with the band, you can do it too. Just go into with lots of knowledge, prepare yourself with following as many lap band rules you can prior to surgery and you will be on your way to a healthier you.

I wake up every day so thankful that I don't hurt anywhere or ache anymore. I am thankful that I am on a dead run most of the day (I have a very physical job) and never have had a day in a very long time that I could say that I was tired. It's so worth it!:scared2:

BJB, my thoughts are with you. I passed some great posts made on this site along to my husband, along with a CD that my surgeon gave me with inspirational testimonies and asked him to look at them while I sat next to him. It made me cry.

I know my husband loves me and wants me to be happy and healthy. It's this love that also makes him afraid for what might happen to me from possible complications from surgery.

I think since the talk with my surgeon and both my husband and I facing the facts of premature death for me in my obese state, my husband is looking at the surgery as the better choice. He is still not thrilled by any means. But he is supporting me.

I am getting so excited! Now I just have to get my eating under control for the pre-op requirements. I'm not doing so well with that. It's a new day .. a good time to begin fresh.

Thank you all for your posts.

And to those of you who have experienced success and continue to remember those of us who are in the panic, hopeful, fearful anticipation stages .. I love you!! Thank you for remembering where you came from and for giving back!

BJB, my thoughts are with you. I passed some great posts made on this site along to my husband, along with a CD that my surgeon gave me with inspirational testimonies and asked him to look at them while I sat next to him. It made me cry.

I know my husband loves me and wants me to be happy and healthy. It's this love that also makes him afraid for what might happen to me from possible complications from surgery.

I think since the talk with my surgeon and both my husband and I facing the facts of premature death for me in my obese state, my husband is looking at the surgery as the better choice. He is still not thrilled by any means. But he is supporting me.

I am getting so excited! Now I just have to get my eating under control for the pre-op requirements. I'm not doing so well with that. It's a new day .. a good time to begin fresh.

Thank you all for your posts.

And to those of you who have experienced success and continue to remember those of us who are in the panic, hopeful, fearful anticipation stages .. I love you!! Thank you for remembering where you came from and for giving back!

I could tell you not to panic or be fearful but I do remember that stage. Now 18 months out, this is just a way of life and I love it. Go into all of this with as much info as you can, do research, practice all the rules your doc recommends and you will be successful. It's work to stay on task at times but having lots of energy and not having your shopping cart automatically steer itself into the plus size section of a department store is such a wonderful trade-off!:rolleyes2:

I am glad that you are choosing to live because that is exactly what this is. People forget sometimes that this will still take work. We still have to choose to eat right, and excercise. The lap band to me is a tool to assist us in keeping the weight off. I am scheduled for January 4th and I CAN NOT WAIT. I am so tired of being overwieght! I have to take 5 pills a day for my high blood pressure, I have no motivation, my back is always hurting me and I am only 37 years old. Sometimes our love ones don't understand because they don't have to live in our body. I have happy that you are choosing to live. I too, choose to live.

I am 280lbs 5'8 size 24 clothes. Now I can see me as 165lbs size 12/14 clothes and most importantly NO pills!

Ki-Ki