Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I was banded yesterday (10/14/09) and have extreme pain from gas. There is no comfortable position.

Any advise? How long does it takes to go away?

Thank you!

It may be cliche' but the thing that helped me the most was getting up and walking. It really took the gas pains away.

yep.....walk, walk, walk and then walk again.........

Thank you! I have been walking. However, it doesn't go away. It is a little better today though...

Thanks!

Have some warm Decaf tea. It will push the air bubbles right out.

I was banded Oct 13, and had gas pains also, walking does help alot, however my stomach is still rumbbling with gas, it is getting less and less each day. Keep walking and drink lots of Water.< /p>

I was banded on 10-13 and had really bad left shoulder pain that day, I took gas x strips to the hospital and took them every 4 hours. In addition to walking alot they seemed to help. Now I am taking the gas x capsules, I like them alot better. My gas pains are all but gone now, I am still swollen but not having the pain. Try the gas x and keep moving...congrats on your band!!

I was banded yesterday. In some pain from gas, walking helps so far and having my girlfriend rub my back and shoulders feels better too

Edited by Danyett

I was banded on Oct 15th. Had my surgery at 4 pm and was up walking at 4 am the next morning, I also walked several times before my discharge at 3. And have tried to walk around my house quite a bit. I haven't had any real gas pain. I have expelled a bit, but that's not been uncomfortable.

I also have had minimal pain meds. I think that has been helpful as well. WALK< WALK< WALK as much as you can. That will help more than anything. Good Luck

Try squatting down with so your knees are close to your chest, I foind it helps to push some of the gas out. Also, when I belched, I would kind of push on the upper part of my abdomen to help get more air out. Gas X helps a lot too, I used the chewable ones.

hey i was also banded on the 13th,,,lots of gas pains in my arms as well...been walking and using gas-x as well....its easing up!! good luck!!!!!!

There are two kinds of gas that are being discussed here...

- intestinal gas - the GasX strips will help from that

- gas from the inflation of your abdomen to facilitate the surgery

I think the OP is talking about the second. Walking will help with that. I used a heating pad on my upper back / shoulders and that helped quite a bit, too.